UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > GRNITECH 'PR' Martin's High Style
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

GRNITECH 'PR' Martin's High Style

Does anyone know who owned GRNITECH 'PR' Martin's High Style when he died?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-12-2017 01:19 AM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike shannon
UKC Forum Member

Cripple Creek on here might know

NITECH CH HTX PR SHANNON'S HILLBILLY CHIEF 6 CAST WINS
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY LUCIE
PR SHANNON’S HILLBILLY MAXIE

If you can read this thank a TEACHER
If you can read this in English, thank a VETERAN

www.freewebs.com/shannonshowmekennels

United States Army Retired

Old Post 04-12-2017 01:32 AM
mike shannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike shannon Click here to Send mike shannon a Private Message Click Here to Email mike shannon Find more posts by mike shannon Add mike shannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

guessing j.p.langham...spelling may be off a bit!

Old Post 04-12-2017 01:36 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I believe that's right. He was raised 10 min from

Me.
I think there was two buyers. Pretty wild story behind that hound.
He was raised by buddy Martin then sold and the next guy either got killed or the last one.
PM me if you got a question and I can talk to the two guys that hunted him from birth till he got sold for a pretty good sum of money.
I'll try and talk to one of those guys and get you the low down and post it here in a bit.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 04-12-2017 01:43 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

Re: I believe that's right. He was raised 10 min from

quote:
Originally posted by cripple creek
Me.
I think there was two buyers. Pretty wild story behind that hound.
He was raised by buddy Martin then sold and the next guy either got killed or the last one.
PM me if you got a question and I can talk to the two guys that hunted him from birth till he got sold for a pretty good sum of money.
I'll try and talk to one of those guys and get you the low down and post it here in a bit.

He's been nominated for the TWB&FA Hall of Fame, so I'd like the correct last owner to list on the ballot.

Thanks!

Old Post 04-12-2017 02:04 AM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Unless ukc has something different,

It was J.P.Langham. from water valley. Let me check that spelling.

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!

Old Post 04-12-2017 02:26 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

A very nice dog..big mouth..had coons..first dog i ever saw with a million dollar handle..Bred him to a little walker female named roachs duchess...the cross won breeder of the year in either the first or second year in existence of the old futurity program for jerry roach..We have kept females back from this line for 7 or eight generations.

Old Post 04-12-2017 02:52 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

Perfect. Thanks, everyone!

Old Post 04-12-2017 02:59 AM
wjoey
Banned

I spent many many nights with ole style in the woods both with frankie and bobby and alone ,I sure did like him. Bobby Trainum In Ashland Mississippi owned him for the last 5 or so years of his life .Here is styles history Jp bought him from martin , frankie dukes handled him and won the pkc national championship with him bred him a bunch and hunted him in all kinds of hunts , jp got shot by his wife and killed (claimed self defense ), she said he was going to be sold ,I was supposed to buy him for myself and frankie but Bobby jumped in front and took all the rest jp owned from frankie. He pleasured hunted and bred a few females till he died, His name was MARTINS HIGH STYLE in UKC and JP'S HIGH STYLE IN PKC

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Last edited by wjoey on 04-12-2017 at 03:19 AM

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:02 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Where did J.P. come in?

You're right about Bobby owning him. Is J.P. the one that got killed? There's a stud ad with J.P. as the owner at one time.
You ever hunt with Tack Cosby? He hunted a lot with Buddy. Said he knew him since they were 8 yrs old. He told me so many stories about High Style. Said he came into the world trained. Treed a coon by himself the first nite in the woods. Had to pick him up and put him in the box he was so young.
He was a great hound by all accounts.
Tack told me tonite one season they killed and sold 113 coons he treed in one season. A heck of a reproducer as well. He's behind some major studs if you look far enough back.

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:15 AM
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
I spent many many nights with ole style in the woods both with frankie and bobby and alone ,I sure did like him. Bobby Trainum In Ashland Mississippi owned him for the last 5 or so years of his life Here is styles history Jp bought him from martin , frankie dukes handled him and won the pkc national championship with him bred him a bunch and hunted him in all kinds of hunts , jp got shot by his wife and killed , she said he was going to be sold ,I was supposed to buy him for myself and frankie but Bobby jumped in front took him from frankie and pleasured hunted and bred a few females till he died

Alright...so, Bobby Trainum owned at his death. That's the name that'll go on the ballot. Is Bobby still around?

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:18 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Tack just turned 76 this week...

He couldn't remember the name of who bought him first or last.
I went by the stud ad ...so Bobby should get the credit I assume.
Buddy just bred the mom Ole Bee to produce him. Maybe Buddy could get a mention as Breeder.
Congrats Ole Style!!!

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:20 AM
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

Re: Tack just turned 76 this week...

quote:
He couldn't remember the name of who bought him first or last.
I went by the stud ad ...so Bobby should get the credit I assume.
Buddy just bred the mom Ole Bee to produce him. Maybe Buddy could get a mention as Breeder.
Congrats Ole Style!!!

He hasn't won, yet. He's just on the ballot. I'm trying to get them ready to be printed and mailed out.

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:21 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Here's the old feller

https://flic.kr/p/JqyKWB

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:22 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Oh man it's an honor to even be considered!

Most of us go a lifetime and never achieve that status. How many are there total? Out of the tens of thousands of treeing Walkers that have been produced. Can't wait to see the list.

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:27 AM
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Grant Noeske
Alright...so, Bobby Trainum owned at his death. That's the name that'll go on the ballot. Is Bobby still around?
Yes I'm afraid so lol Trainum lumber co Ashland Mississippi

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:27 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

I found some of his old ads I'll put on later..

That dog had a winnings list as long as my arm.

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:33 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Joe did you know the game warden

Down in Ashland named Jimmy Kimbrey?
Ex marine or something? Man he was something else. We hunted together a few times with a fellow named Snuffy Williams. Jimmy would sneak up on us or be setting at the truck and make us show our license just to bug us.lol

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:37 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

John...sent you a pm

Thx

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:43 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Here's an old ad

https://flic.kr/p/Tcc2P5

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:45 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Check out this hardware

https://flic.kr/p/THz8vC

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:46 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

John..my newest pup came from that cross on Duchess

That was 6 gen from my pup. It produced a dog called Diesel and my pup came down through him and a bunch of Hillbilly Mac.

Old Post 04-12-2017 03:55 AM
wjoey
Banned

Re: Joe did you know the game warden

quote:
Down in Ashland named Jimmy Kimbrey?
Ex marine or something? Man he was something else. We hunted together a few times with a fellow named Snuffy Williams. Jimmy would sneak up on us or be setting at the truck and make us show our license just to bug us.lol

Yes lol bought a full sister to houses tom tom from the game warden ,man he had some good bloodlines back then, is he still alive and hunting? Here is you a story on Style, I had a female direct off houses clint she was not worth a dime but I liked her breeding ,she came in heat and I saw the first add on style in the book , I called frankie he told me to come on and he would take us for a hunt after we bred my female, I took a buddy with me and we bred my female and I paid my $300,I had my best dog wich was not much that night we cut loose style and box got treed my dog split ,style and box were slick and my pos had a coon my buddy started laughing and said you just spent $300 to breed to a bigger pos than what you have ,well for the next 2-3 hours I cant remember but styled treed 8 coons all alone, When the pups were born my buddy wanted one I think it was styles first grnt Lees Treestylin Flash, I liked style so much I ran a add on him myself, Frankie and I made good friends , I would leave work Friday evening drive to meet Frankie hunt all night sleep all day Saturday hunt all night again sleep Sunday hunt a few hours and head home in time to get to work.Ole Style and Frankie taught me a lot.

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 04-12-2017 04:11 AM
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

Wow...love those old stories...

I never get tired of um.

Old Post 04-12-2017 04:21 AM
wjoey
Banned

Re: Wow...love those old stories...

quote:
I never get tired of um.
Here is you another one after jp died and Bobby got Style I was mad but when lady came back in heat , she was getting old now .I called him up he said come on and bring those style dogs you have, we got to Bobby's and man what a character he was , he made me drive to Memphis to get a brucellosis test he said he would not breed his own dog without one lol, I don't remember the name of the vet clinic but back then to this day I'm amazed of how sophisticated it was it was a nice nice place. so we bred my female bobby said he would decide a price after he hunted with southern style and flash, first thing I know he has a horse trailer hooked up a mule standing in the bed of the pickup and a mule and horse in the trailer and style in the front seat lol, the mule in the bed of the truck was named johny ,I have never to this day saw such a site , of we go I had 2 friends with me one was a high school rodeo champ, bobby had asked us all before we left if we could ride and of coarse the cowboy kid had to brag lol, After a catfish house dinner for them at some catfish restaurant that I did not eat at because I hate catfish we finally made it to the woods, We all saddle up and bobby tells the cowboy kid this is your horse , I get on johnny and bobby gets on the other , my buddy that's gona have to walk cuts the dogs loose , when he did that horse that bobby put the cowboy on broke bad right there in the forestry road , I was laughing so hard I was crying ole bobby said I thought that kid could ride he is ruining my horse lol, well about the time the rodeo quit the dogs were struck except for southern style as he was silent then they all three treed quick bobby told the walking friend to bring a gun , we got to the tree pretty quick as the horse my friend was on took off straight to the dogs when they treed , bobby told that kid who had fussed after almost getting bucked off I told you that horse knew when a dog treed he is just a little bronky to begin with lol , he told the friend with the gun to give it to the cowboy who immediately refused to take so bobby shot the coon out off his mule and we rode back to the truck style followed us back but our dogs were gone again we sat there till flash struck and bobby said hunt him up style and in about 10 min we were split treed with 2 coons style with one and the 2 pups with one, bobby gave up his mule the rest of the night and told us to hunt as long as we wanted , well about 3am we wound up in a swamp that did not look deep but the mules would not go in it the dogs were just about 75 yards away , ole cowboy and his horse started and there was no bottom to that swamp he almost could not get the crazy horse out . we got off tied them up and called the dogs in. We had no idea where we were but we heard a horn blowing after we got the dogs and rode to it we were only maybe 200 yards from the truck lol no charge for the breeding got 1 pup

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Last edited by wjoey on 04-14-2017 at 03:56 AM

Old Post 04-12-2017 05:02 AM