UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Coon hunting is a dying sport....
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Coon hunting is a dying sport....

They hunted 400 dogs with a $300 entry fee in Salem, Illinois tonight.

That is almost $120,000 in entry fees.

Over 4 nights that is over $400,000 over the 4 nights.

Those 400 hounds were probably worth a Million dollars (one recently sold for $100,000) right in one location.

This kind of money is hard to wrap your head around and people say that Coon hunting is dead. Or some say that $500 is expensive for a pup.

Where else can you take a pup that you bought for $500, raised and trained and go compete and hang out with millionaires? m

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 10-22-2020 at 01:00 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-22-2020 12:57 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
novicane65
UKC Forum Member

446 dogs not 400, the first night it was 394 dogs. Which 446 is a new 1 night record for entries.

And
Partners on a few common trashy young dogs

Gone but not forgotten

GrNtCh, PKC Ch Hillbilly Bildo
Pr Broken Oaks Wild Blue Gypsy

Old Post 10-22-2020 01:12 AM
novicane65 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for novicane65 Click here to Send novicane65 a Private Message Click Here to Email novicane65 Find more posts by novicane65 Add novicane65 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Anderson Kennel
UKC Forum Member

What dog sold for $100,000

Old Post 10-22-2020 02:50 AM
Anderson Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Anderson Kennel Click here to Send Anderson Kennel a Private Message Click Here to Email Anderson Kennel Find more posts by Anderson Kennel Add Anderson Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by novicane65
446 dogs not 400, the first night it was 394 dogs. Which 446 is a new 1 night record for entries.

Are these numbers for both rounds eachnight?

Old Post 10-22-2020 03:59 AM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GCH Viper
UKC Forum Member

Re: 100,000

quote:
Originally posted by Anderson Kennel
What dog sold for $100,000

The Z dog.

Old Post 10-22-2020 04:23 AM
GCH Viper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GCH Viper Click here to Send GCH Viper a Private Message Find more posts by GCH Viper Add GCH Viper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Ricochet17
Are these numbers for both rounds eachnight?

First Round Numbers!! Trucks absolutely everywhere even with kinda nasty weather about every night.

Old Post 10-22-2020 05:44 AM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Coon hunting

Mr. Lambert, lol. Dying sport only in the eyes of a few doom and gloomers who can not run a successful Club. Maybe they need to look in the mirror, as that's where the problem lies. Numbers do not lie, ALL IS WELL in the coon hound competition World. Dave

Old Post 10-22-2020 07:12 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Lets Be Clear

$500 is a lot for a REDBONE puppy

Old Post 10-22-2020 01:50 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Re: Lets Be Clear

quote:
Originally posted by Corey Gruver

Ouch 😂

Old Post 10-22-2020 02:32 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

quote:

You must be one of the people saying that coon hunting is a dying sport. .

Old Post 10-22-2020 04:00 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
$500 more like for the whole litter ! 😂

Old Post 10-22-2020 05:00 PM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

I wish I had the patients to fool with puppies. The sport is not dying , the quality of hounds is dying. Some of these hounds that are going for big money really is not worth a crap. Right handler behind it an the right money man is the thing. A man that is good at starting pups will make a killing right now. Especially if it’s out of a blood line that’s winning.

Old Post 10-22-2020 05:47 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sgraves
I wish I had the patients to fool with puppies. The sport is not dying , the quality of hounds is dying. Some of these hounds that are going for big money really is not worth a crap. Right handler behind it an the right money man is the thing. A man that is good at starting pups will make a killing right now. Especially if it’s out of a blood line that’s winning.

If these hounds are so bad then step right up go win ya 30k... should be an easy task since I'm sure you're packing one 10x's better than the ones winning... You see the scores they have been having this week?! Pretty dang good if you're asking me!

Team Mafia
2022 UKC World Champion
2019-2022 UKC World Qualifier
2019 Ok Prohunt Semi-finalist
2019 Spring SS Top 20
20,21, and 23 OK State PKC Champion
2020 Spring SS Top 7
2019-2023 PKC National Qualifier
2020-2023 TOC Qualifier
2020 UKC Top 100
2022 UKC Top 100
2023 JOY Super Hunt Champion
2022 UKC WORLDCH PKC PCH CH GRNTCH3 "Get Gone Jenna"
DOB- 9/30/2017

Old Post 10-22-2020 05:52 PM
TylerOSU is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TylerOSU Click here to Send TylerOSU a Private Message Click Here to Email TylerOSU Find more posts by TylerOSU Add TylerOSU to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sgraves
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TylerOSU
If these hounds are so bad then step right up go win ya 30k... should be an easy task since I'm sure you're packing one 10x's better than the ones winning... You see the scores they have been having this week?! Pretty dang good if you're asking me!
Don’t have the money or time. There is some very stiff competition there this week. Not putting down anyone or any dog. There is a lot of money being passed around on these dogs today. Have seen some that has been bought for real good money that was literally not worth a crap for the money that was spent. Tyler your doing good with what you have going on. It’s not easy to win consistently at the level that is being played right now . All am saying is a man that’s good with young dogs can end up with a fat pocket right now. You can disagree if you want. A lot of the dogs today is the people that’s pushing them that makes them stand out.

Old Post 10-22-2020 06:07 PM
Sgraves is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sgraves Click here to Send Sgraves a Private Message Click Here to Email Sgraves Find more posts by Sgraves Add Sgraves to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rodney batiste
UKC Forum Member

What dog and who are the owners of the hound that sold for $100,000. That's got to be a record for the price paid for a coon hound. What breed is it male or female and what bloodline. I really would like to know what makes a hound worth that much.

Old Post 10-22-2020 07:16 PM
rodney batiste is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rodney batiste Click here to Send rodney batiste a Private Message Click Here to Email rodney batiste Find more posts by rodney batiste Add rodney batiste to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Re: 100,000

quote:
Originally posted by rodney batiste
What dog and who are the owners of the hound that sold for $100,000. That's got to be a record for the price paid for a coon hound. What breed is it male or female and what bloodline. I really would like to know what makes a hound worth that much.

Wipeout Z a 3 coming 4 year old walker dog. Dustin Weed came with the dog as the handler so they got more than a dog for the deal. They have offered that much for a few more and didn't get them bought.
Heather Island is the kennel that bought him. They have bought
20-30 dogs this year. They are some newcomers that have some money and wanted to make a statement and WIN.