UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > AGM 125M 384 Thermal
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

AGM 125M 384 Thermal

Any one using this and if so do you like it?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-07-2020 08:07 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sfox91
UKC Forum Member

I’ve sold my flir and pulsar, agm seems to work well except really humid conditions.

Old Post 10-07-2020 08:29 PM
Sfox91 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sfox91 Click here to Send Sfox91 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sfox91 Find more posts by Sfox91 Add Sfox91 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sfox91
I’ve sold my flir and pulsar, agm seems to work well except really humid conditions.

Sam that's one of my concerns. I'm in NW Arkansas and it is humid here in the summer so I don't know how well it will work. If I thought it would work 90+ percent of the time I'd by it in a heartbeat.

Old Post 10-07-2020 10:09 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

Tom I think you will be good. It’s not bullet proof but it works pretty good in Eastern NC.

Old Post 10-07-2020 10:47 PM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

We doubt our dog's accuracy. Then we spend $1000 on a machine. Then we doubt the machine 10% of the time. Am I missing something?

Old Post 10-08-2020 12:59 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
We doubt our dog's accuracy. Then we spend $1000 on a machine. Then we doubt the machine 10% of the time. Am I missing something?

Donald you have a good point. I have a young dog that had been pretty accurate but lately has made several trees that I can't find the coon. The deal is they are the kind of trees that could have three coon and not find them. If he would make some obvious slicks I could do some training.

Old Post 10-08-2020 01:06 AM
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Sfox91

Which pulsar module did you have ?

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 10-08-2020 02:10 AM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jared Wilgus
UKC Forum Member

!AGM! !MVP!

AGM is the absolute only way to go! I have multiple videos in the woods with it on hand that I can send you if you need to see the results of it...812-631-4151 text/call I have no ties with them. Have had mine for probably 2 months and have found multiple coons in very very hot humid conditions when I could barely get a light in the tree.

Old Post 10-08-2020 02:28 AM
Jared Wilgus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jared Wilgus Click here to Send Jared Wilgus a Private Message Click Here to Email Jared Wilgus Find more posts by Jared Wilgus Add Jared Wilgus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

I saw something this past weekend that I thought wasn’t possible. I’ve coon hunted 30 yrs and Friday night My dog treed in a hedge apple tree about 15 ft high. It was extremely thick with vines. I could see not 1 but 2 coons in the tree with the thermal. I finally got the coon scored in the last few seconds of the tree by finding a small hole you could see the coon. I shook that tree hard enough most coons would have been shook clean out the tree. Neither coon ever looked once !! If not for the Thermal I’d swore the tree was slick. I didn’t think it possible to shake a tree that hard and a coon not look.

Old Post 10-08-2020 02:37 AM
JB Cobb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JB Cobb Click here to Send JB Cobb a Private Message Click Here to Email JB Cobb Find more posts by JB Cobb Add JB Cobb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kenneth Tavares
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by JB Cobb
I saw something this past weekend that I thought wasn’t possible. I’ve coon hunted 30 yrs and Friday night My dog treed in a hedge apple tree about 15 ft high. It was extremely thick with vines. I could see not 1 but 2 coons in the tree with the thermal. I finally got the coon scored in the last few seconds of the tree by finding a small hole you could see the coon. I shook that tree hard enough most coons would have been shook clean out the tree. Neither coon ever looked once !! If not for the Thermal I’d swore the tree was slick. I didn’t think it possible to shake a tree that hard and a coon not look.

AGM making English dogs great? (Notice I didn’t say again). 😂

1/24/02---5/21/12
Manning, South Carolina
Ph. 803-840-2013
If you text this number you won’t get a response unless you include your name.

💰💰Click blue link to check us out on Facebook💰💰
👉🏼 Tavares' First Class Black & Tans 👈🏼

Tone it down guys, or they will delete another good topic...

Old Post 10-08-2020 05:24 AM
Kenneth Tavares is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kenneth Tavares Click here to Send Kenneth Tavares a Private Message Click Here to Email Kenneth Tavares Find more posts by Kenneth Tavares Add Kenneth Tavares to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JB Cobb
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Kenneth Tavares
AGM making English dogs great? (Notice I didn’t say again). 😂

KT don’t tell anybody but I was actually hunting a Walker dog for another fella.... 😬

Old Post 10-08-2020 02:27 PM
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

I have a agm 25 and I live in middle Ga, its no miracle worker but if a coon is there it generally finds it. And yes I had mine when it was hot and muggy outside.

Old Post 10-08-2020 04:32 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for all the input. Now I just have to turn loose of the money. One way it seems like too much money just to find a coon but in another pretty cheap if it helps make the dog you want. We have all spent a lot more than this trying to find "The Dog".

Old Post 10-08-2020 09:03 PM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

Well I ordered one. We will see. Will report back here after I use it.

Old Post 10-08-2020 10:37 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Could someone explain to me how that is going to make a better dog.

Old Post 10-09-2020 12:38 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Could someone explain to me how that is going to make a better dog.

In my case he will get corrected when he misses. Trust me they will get more accurate. Hey it may not work but I'm 71 and I just want to try it.

Old Post 10-09-2020 12:58 AM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

This has always confused me. If he trees on a huge oak tree and you can't find a coon(no thermal) do you correct? If he trees on a huge oak and you can't find a coon with a thermal, do you correct. I always believed one of the most important parts of dog training was consistency. How can you be consistent when you have doubts?

Old Post 10-09-2020 01:07 AM
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

quote:
This has always confused me. If he trees on a huge oak tree and you can't find a coon(no thermal) do you correct? If he trees on a huge oak and you can't find a coon with a thermal, do you correct. I always believed one of the most important parts of dog training was consistency. How can you be consistent when you have doubts?

Donald what you say makes sense and is one of the hardest things about training a dog that misses regularly. I may never have enough confidence in it to use it for a training tool but if I could find coon in 50% of the trees that I can't really see very well or heavy leaves ( I hunt as much in summer as winter) it would be worth it to me. But if it works and I still can't find coon in those trees I will know my dog needs some instruction. You are right that being consistent in this area is really hard. I appreciate your comments.

Old Post 10-09-2020 01:16 AM
Jmiller85
UKC Forum Member

$

How much are they

Old Post 10-09-2020 04:32 AM
Jmiller85 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jmiller85 Click here to Send Jmiller85 a Private Message Click Here to Email Jmiller85 Find more posts by Jmiller85 Add Jmiller85 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Re: $

quote:
Originally posted by Jmiller85
How much are they

The best I’ve seen is $1475 the average price is around $1700

Old Post 10-10-2020 04:12 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: $

quote:
Originally posted by johnny reb
The best I’ve seen is $1475 the average price is around $1700
I guess I'll keep saying; he's up there he just won't look.

Old Post 10-10-2020 04:05 PM
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Re: $

quote:
I guess I'll keep saying; he's up there he just won't look.

No they aren’t cheap but like all electronics they have came down in price. The same quality and technology in this unit 10 years ago would of cost $5.000. There are a few monoculars like the agm-25 that are cheaper. Like the saying goes you get what you pay for. This is defeniteley one of the better units for the price point.

Old Post 10-10-2020 09:55 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Best thing I have ever bought is the AGM

Old Post 10-11-2020 03:50 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jared Wilgus
UKC Forum Member

AGM at work

https://youtu.be/Wjok9wvrrOk

Perfect example is the link right up above. 15 month old pup trees one up a small maple and a big maple next to it come together at the very top and the coon can hardly be seen with a light after finding it with the thermal. No coon would have been seen without a thermal.

Old Post 10-11-2020 02:14 PM
Jared Wilgus is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jared Wilgus Click here to Send Jared Wilgus a Private Message Click Here to Email Jared Wilgus Find more posts by Jared Wilgus Add Jared Wilgus to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ChrisS22
UKC Forum Member

Since buying my AGM I've had more instances where I found the coon using the thermal and then COULD NOT see it with my naked eye even knowing where it was than instances where I couldn't find the coon just using the thermal.

Old Post 10-13-2020 05:39 PM
ChrisS22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ChrisS22 Click here to Send ChrisS22 a Private Message Click Here to Email ChrisS22 Find more posts by ChrisS22 Add ChrisS22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote