UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > question.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

question.

How many people on Ukc boards beside me still hunt on a regular basis that were born before the start of WWII?
I posted this on the off topic board, but thought it may get more response here.

You can't fix STUPID!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-06-2020 12:06 AM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bob

I was born just a few years after WW11 (1948) I still coon hunt, my hunting partner is 82 and was prewar WW11 and he hunts 5 to 6 nights a week in hunting season. I am nursing a complete tear in my right knee ACL and mostly regulated to sitting in truck, listening to dogs run and tree, while my hunting buddies actually go to the dogs treed. Not ideal for me, but it let's me enjoy the Hunt. Dave

Old Post 10-06-2020 01:24 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mhardy
UKC Forum Member

I was born in 1944 and still enjoy it very much . i still hunt three to four nights a week.

Old Post 10-06-2020 02:28 PM
mhardy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mhardy Click here to Send mhardy a Private Message Click Here to Email mhardy Find more posts by mhardy Add mhardy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bob Hennessey
UKC Forum Member

Born 1939. Not many of us born before the middle 40' able to still hunt. I'm one of the lucky ones. Can still walk to the tree. When you tell people "dogs treed 600 yards away" they will say well that's not that far. yes but it's 600 yards back to the truck LOL! Don't hunt comp. any more can't hear good enough.

You can't fix STUPID!

Last edited by Bob Hennessey on 10-06-2020 at 04:02 PM

Old Post 10-06-2020 03:58 PM
Bob Hennessey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bob Hennessey Click here to Send Bob Hennessey a Private Message Find more posts by Bob Hennessey Add Bob Hennessey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

You guys are making me feel young. Born in 49 and still hunt 4-6 nights a week. I am blessed to still be able to walk to them about anywhere they get.

Old Post 10-06-2020 06:42 PM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I was born in 1949 and hunt on a semi regular basis. Actually making plans for this weekend. When younger made plans for about every night. Congratulations on yourself still going.

Old Post 10-06-2020 07:06 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I was born in 1943 and hunt 2 or 3 night a week alone. Without the Garmin and the ATV (and the slow hunting dog) I don't know if I could make it.

Old Post 10-07-2020 12:09 AM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Donald Bergeron

I wish we had the kind of land that you could use an ATV to hunt, that would be right up my alley. Lol. Dave

Old Post 10-07-2020 12:53 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Preacher Tom
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shadinc
I was born in 1943 and hunt 2 or 3 night a week alone. Without the Garmin and the ATV (and the slow hunting dog) I don't know if I could make it. [/QUOTE

I agree with the Garmin part. Don't guess I would be hunting without it but I don't have anyplace to use the ATV. Sure wish I did.

Old Post 10-07-2020 01:04 AM
Preacher Tom is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Preacher Tom Click here to Send Preacher Tom a Private Message Click Here to Email Preacher Tom Find more posts by Preacher Tom Add Preacher Tom to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
critter
UKC Forum Member

Born in 1945,still try to go on average every other nite.Still love it.

Old Post 10-07-2020 06:57 PM
critter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for critter Click here to Send critter a Private Message Click Here to Email critter Find more posts by critter Add critter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Born in 44

And still go every chance I get. To listen and drive.

Old Post 10-08-2020 08:58 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote