UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Frozen Semen Storage and AI in Madison, Wisconsin. Sondel Family Veterinary Clinic.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Grant Noeske
UKC Forum Member

Frozen Semen Storage and AI in Madison, Wisconsin. Sondel Family Veterinary Clinic.

For what it's worth, and for anyone in the upper Midwest looking for frozen semen storage, I used these guys in Madison, WI to store some frozen semen and also perform an AI surgery. https://www.sondelfamilyveterinaryclinic.com/

The AI surgery cost $800. They told me that they only do it surgically, but their website says that they also do it vaginally or trans-cervically. You'd have to call to confirm. They were voted best vet in Madison, WI for the last six years and specialize in reproductive services.

I can't even tell you how good they were to work with. Great facility and staff. They AI'd a gyp for me on July 28th and it looks like I have a litter of pups coming at the end of this month. I know they are out of the way for many coonhunters, but it's another good option for anyone looking to have semen transferred and stored.

Here's some information copied from the "Reproductive Services" page of their website:

Reproductive Services
Breeders from around the country rely on Dr. Sondel for advanced canine reproductive services, and our well-equipped facility allows our experienced staff to assist with the process from insemination through new puppy care. Here are some of the specialized services we routinely provide.

1. Orthopedic evaluations, performed without anesthesia
2. Breeding soundness evaluations
3. Computerized semen analysis to determine viability and maximize outcomes
4. Cryopreservation of semen for safe storage and shipping
5. National or international shipping of semen
6. Progesterone assays to diagnose issues and optimize timing of insemination
7. Vaginal, trans-cervical and surgical inseminations
8. Pregnancy confirmation by ultrasound and litter size estimations via radiograph
9. ER availability for immediate concerns
10. Neonatal care to assure new litters get off to a healthy start

Our clinic is a certified member of the Society for Theriogenology, an organization of veterinarians dedicated to excellence in animal reproductive medicine.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-09-2020 06:52 PM
Grant Noeske is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Grant Noeske Click here to Send Grant Noeske a Private Message Visit Grant Noeske's homepage! Find more posts by Grant Noeske Add Grant Noeske to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99nighttrain
UKC Forum Member

I just talked to them the other day. They were very helpful answering my questions. We’ll probably be moving our semen there. If anyone else is interested maybe we could cut shipping costs

Old Post 09-12-2020 02:16 PM
99nighttrain is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 99nighttrain Click here to Send 99nighttrain a Private Message Find more posts by 99nighttrain Add 99nighttrain to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Whats storage cost for a year?

They also collect.

Old Post 09-12-2020 02:58 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
99nighttrain
UKC Forum Member

$12 a year per straw

Old Post 09-12-2020 06:49 PM
99nighttrain is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 99nighttrain Click here to Send 99nighttrain a Private Message Find more posts by 99nighttrain Add 99nighttrain to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slinger1
UKC Forum Member

I spoke to Jen and she said they will store each straw for $7.00 each year. I have arranged with Never Gone to ship mine. The more folks that ship to Sondel family vet will save on the cost for shipping. Karen at never gone said it is a cost of $350 to $375 for an individual to ship there semen by itself. The more that sign up will save on cost.

Old Post 09-13-2020 02:53 AM
slinger1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for slinger1 Click here to Send slinger1 a Private Message Click Here to Email slinger1 Find more posts by slinger1 Add slinger1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hitman79
UKC Forum Member

Nevergone to Sondel

Slinger..... how do we get signed up???? Who has the list??? When is the shipping taking place??? Don't want to miss the boat. Thanks.

Old Post 09-13-2020 06:33 AM
Hitman79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hitman79 Click here to Send Hitman79 a Private Message Click Here to Email Hitman79 Find more posts by Hitman79 Add Hitman79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
slinger1
UKC Forum Member

Call Karen Bitzell at Never Gone 260 571 1422 and let her know that you would like your semen shipped out to Dr. Sondel Veterinary in Madison. Let her know know you want grouped in with others to save on shipping.After you let Karen know your wishes then call Jen at Dr. Sondels vet and have her get you set up in there system. They will want a couple days notice when it is being shipped. Hope this helps.

Old Post 09-13-2020 12:04 PM
slinger1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for slinger1 Click here to Send slinger1 a Private Message Click Here to Email slinger1 Find more posts by slinger1 Add slinger1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hitman79
UKC Forum Member

Nevergone to Sondel

I'm kind of curious how many people will be shipping to Dr. Sondel Veterinary???

Old Post 09-13-2020 02:48 PM
Hitman79 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hitman79 Click here to Send Hitman79 a Private Message Click Here to Email Hitman79 Find more posts by Hitman79 Add Hitman79 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ricochet17
UKC Forum Member

Call them the earlier the better.

Old Post 09-13-2020 09:45 PM
Ricochet17 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ricochet17 Click here to Send Ricochet17 a Private Message Find more posts by Ricochet17 Add Ricochet17 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote