UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > ???? About DVD and books on training a coondog
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Joseph Nalley
UKC Forum Member

???? About DVD and books on training a coondog

First thanks for taking the time to read. Is the DVD call treed my pup or treed my dog worth watching/purchaseing? Walk with wick books can you get them anymore? And are they worth reading? Is there any other books or DVD about training, if so where can a person get them? Thanks to all any and all information is appreciated

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-01-2020 05:05 AM
Joseph Nalley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph Nalley Click here to Send Joseph Nalley a Private Message Click Here to Email Joseph Nalley Find more posts by Joseph Nalley Add Joseph Nalley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

You are the answer to all them questions. If your looking for one book or dvd to answer your questions on training a puppy. You need to understand that is not the answer. It is a combination all that has been written and that info selected by you to meet your circumstances.

First and foremost the care and handling minor health issues and routine worming should be investigated and read about. What ever question you have. Example "caring for a pup" or "worming schedule for a pup or dog" type that into google and you have plenty of reading.

Same with starting a pup. Type that into google and you get plenty of answers. Just pick one that works for you in your location.

Part of your question asked "are they worth doing". Everything you can read or experience is worth doing in this sport. Just be careful and read something and start telling other that is how something is done. They will probably laugh at you. Take your dog hunting, read information and what works for you and that dog do it. In this sport the next dog you get might require a different book to train it. If your fortunate and start with the right quality pup or dog. They will train you a lot more than any book will. That special pup or dog. Your best training is to stay our of their was and let them progress. You control the big picture. When you will hunt, where you are hunting, the safety of your hunting grounds. The other dogs you expose your do to. You make good decisions there and you have a dog trying to make good decisions. Things will go well for you. If you see one thing your dog is doing and you don't like that or don't understand that. Then google that specific thing and you should get plenty of help on how to solve that issue. Hope everything works out for you and your dog.
I see your in KY. Hot bed of coonhunters there. Should be plenty of local help to get information from.

Old Post 09-01-2020 11:51 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Joseph Nalley
UKC Forum Member

I was wounding i trained a few coonhound only one i would call a coondog. He basically was just natural. Show him a couple coon and after that he just know what to do. I am alway looking to learn a new method or trick. Just had a litter ahould say 3 pups. They will be dual sire. Wanting to get one firing on all piston. Just want to know other opinions on the book and dvd

Old Post 09-01-2020 07:34 PM
Joseph Nalley is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Joseph Nalley Click here to Send Joseph Nalley a Private Message Click Here to Email Joseph Nalley Find more posts by Joseph Nalley Add Joseph Nalley to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote