UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bruce Conkey
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conkey

Bruce, Friday I asked about collars showing up on my map that weren't even turned on. Today one of those collars that is NOT turned on is making tracks on the map and the collar that is turned on is making tracks where the dog has NEVER been. This is a refurbished Garmin that I've had less than 90 days, from Garmin. My original Garmin I bought from you. I'm in an area right now that I dont have enough service to call them. But I will asap. Just wondering if you had any thoughts?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-14-2020 06:24 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

what is the zoom level of your map?

Old Post 09-14-2020 07:36 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Pup

200 to 300 feet. The only collar that's on is on a pup running loose on the property. I've used it this way on free range pups for over 2 years now. 7 days a week when were home.

Old Post 09-14-2020 07:53 PM
Pat Miltons is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Pat Miltons Click here to Send Pat Miltons a Private Message Click Here to Email Pat Miltons Find more posts by Pat Miltons Add Pat Miltons to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I am thinking that only Garmin can help you.

Are you sure your not zoomed in close and you are seeing satellite drift? I can zoom my handheld in close. Set it on something. It will draw the screen full of tracks showing movement. Anyway, Garmin should be able to answer your questions.

Old Post 09-14-2020 08:25 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

I know

I'm not crazy Bruce. Like I said I've used it the same everyday for a long time. I wont waste your time telling you everything. But for one today, like I said. I had a collar that was off all of the sudden show tracks as if it was on. It took me several times to delete them. The handheld and the Garmin collar had been on the pup for hours before the other tracks appeared.

Old Post 09-14-2020 09:05 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Most of the people I help, can't get them to work. You can't get yours to stop working. I don't have much experience in that area. But please share with me what you find out. By the way. You mess with dogs I know you have to be a little crazy. At least I know I am. Take care.

Old Post 09-15-2020 01:26 AM
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Thanks

I appreciate your time Bruce. Haven't been able to call Garmin yet. But hopefully today,or tomorrow. I've got the same scenario right now as yesterday. The only tracks on the map for the last six hours are from the collar that's turned on. Then...bam, at 1oclock I have 2 sets of tracks showing on the map all over our property. One from the collar that's on and the other from the collar that's off and has been off! I delete EVERYTHING DAILY. So I just dont get it???

Old Post 09-15-2020 06:15 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Do a master reset on your handheld. Then add the two collars back and problem will be solved.

Old Post 09-15-2020 07:41 PM
Pat Miltons
UKC Forum Member

Thank you

I didn't expect a reply from you to be honest. I know it all sounds crazy but I tell you it's the truth. Even the collar that I use daily is frequently showing a diagonal but perfectly straight line track each morning. Ranging from a couple hundred yards to 3 or more miles away. It's been frustrating. I will do that tonight. Thank u very much!

Old Post 09-15-2020 08:44 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Not sure why you would think that. Most of the stuff you described I have seen on mine.

Old Post 09-15-2020 09:30 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Was wondering if you did a master reset and readied the collars and got your system working? I will help you over the phone if necessary and would probably be the best way if you have trouble with the master reset and reading the collars.

Old Post 09-17-2020 12:57 PM