UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Question on Marlin 22 rifle
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
dan6195
UKC Forum Member

Question on Marlin 22 rifle

Several years ago I had a Marlin 22 clip fed,it was shorter than a model 60. I dont remeber if it was a bolt action or not. I'd like to find another one but don't remember the model number. Anyone got any ideas?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-21-2009 04:00 AM
dan6195 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dan6195 Click here to Send dan6195 a Private Message Find more posts by dan6195 Add dan6195 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Virgil
UKC Forum Member

Go to Wal-Mart and talk to someone in sporting goods and they should have a catalog with thousands of guns in it that they can order. I just got some prices a couple days ago on a couple bolt action clip fed Marlin 22's there.

Old Post 10-21-2009 04:02 AM
Virgil is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Virgil Click here to Send Virgil a Private Message Click Here to Email Virgil Find more posts by Virgil Add Virgil to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

I would check with a reputable gun smith or dealer. Locally i have been able to get hard to find clips from Wiliam Gun Sights in Davison, MI.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 10-21-2009 02:43 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plottpower
UKC Forum Member

ive got a marlin 70pss, it is awesome i love it and swear buy, it weighs in at just over 3 lbs and is only 35 in long

Old Post 10-21-2009 02:51 PM
plottpower is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plottpower Click here to Send plottpower a Private Message Click Here to Email plottpower Find more posts by plottpower Add plottpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
dan6195
UKC Forum Member

thanks plott power is a70 shorter than model 60? what kind of action does it take to get the first shell in the chamber?

Old Post 10-22-2009 02:32 AM
dan6195 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for dan6195 Click here to Send dan6195 a Private Message Find more posts by dan6195 Add dan6195 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
plottpower
UKC Forum Member

yeah its a 2 in shorter and over 2 lbs lighter, the model 70pss is an autoloading rifle with a 7 round clip. i like the clip better i think its safer and easier than the tube fed, and for being a papoose style gun it is very accurate

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firea...ading/70PSS.asp

Old Post 10-22-2009 12:46 PM
plottpower is offline Click Here to See the Profile for plottpower Click here to Send plottpower a Private Message Click Here to Email plottpower Find more posts by plottpower Add plottpower to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jeffm
UKC Forum Member

I have an old Marlin that says Glenfield model 25 on it. It is clip fed will shoot any .22 round, bolt action with 7 shot clips. Deadly accurate, but a little heavy. It has been the death of many a coon and squirrel.

Old Post 10-22-2009 09:46 PM
jeffm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jeffm Click here to Send jeffm a Private Message Click Here to Email jeffm Find more posts by jeffm Add jeffm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote