UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > White River Flood Watch Info
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, it looks like they opened the Brown Shanty Campground back up on the North and all of the campgrounds on the South today. Water must be dropping pretty fast now. All that is left is the mud.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-28-2018 01:31 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

I just looked at the weather report and it is supposed to get up to 70 degrees in Ethel, Arkansas Saturday. I might be able to get a tan next week. I better pack some Suntan lotion.

Old Post 11-28-2018 02:20 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

My hunting buddy went down last week treed a sack full. Said water started going down. He went back today said looks like a different place. Water receded and coons wearing shirts that say here I am

Old Post 11-29-2018 01:54 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BANJO PICKER
UKC Forum Member

I will be headed there around the 10th. Hope my plugs can tree a few.

Old Post 11-29-2018 05:27 AM
BANJO PICKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BANJO PICKER Click here to Send BANJO PICKER a Private Message Click Here to Email BANJO PICKER Find more posts by BANJO PICKER Add BANJO PICKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

There won't be any left by the 10th. There will be at least 30 groups hunting. If only 20 of them take only 5 coons/night, then, that is 100/night or 1,000 in 10 nights. Now that is a very conservative estimate. There will be more than 30 groups Sat and Sun nights and some of them will take out 10 each. That gives you an idea of what goes on down there.

Old Post 11-29-2018 02:04 PM
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
There won't be any left by the 10th. There will be at least 30 groups hunting. If only 20 of them take only 5 coons/night, then, that is 100/night or 1,000 in 10 nights. Now that is a very conservative estimate. There will be more than 30 groups Sat and Sun nights and some of them will take out 10 each. That gives you an idea of what goes on down there.
Thats a shame too !!!!

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 11-29-2018 02:16 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Wilbanks, why is that a "shame"?

Old Post 11-29-2018 02:22 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

They need killed on the south unit. Between me and my hunting partner we seen over 50 in the daytime on a 2 day hunt.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 11-29-2018 03:27 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

We must be doing something right. The more we harvest the more they grow. I guess when they hit the ground a baby one sprouts. I will try and do my best to leave some sprouts

Old Post 11-29-2018 04:01 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Mr Wilbanks, why is that a "shame"?
Because you used to be able to tree 20 to thirty easily Knew I would get ya Richard

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Last edited by wjoey on 11-29-2018 at 05:46 PM

Old Post 11-29-2018 04:42 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Bad weather coming in tonight so be careful.

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 11-30-2018 01:04 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Mr Wilbanks, any more over 10 is just a waste. I just cleaned and oiled my rifle. I am getting ready to start packing. I won't sleep a wink tonight. I feel like I am 25 again.

Old Post 11-30-2018 03:55 PM
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Mr Wilbanks, any more over 10 is just a waste. I just cleaned and oiled my rifle. I am getting ready to start packing. I won't sleep a wink tonight. I feel like I am 25 again.
Good but be careful they say its gona get rough out there around dark tonight.

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 11-30-2018 05:54 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

When the going gets tuff, the tuff get going. And the sissys stay home.

Old Post 11-30-2018 06:50 PM
wjoey
Banned

quote:
When the going gets tuff, the tuff get going. And the sissys stay home.
sometimes the smart ones stay home and the dumb ones get going 🤪

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 12-01-2018 12:14 AM
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Hunted all over the south tonight. I did get in some knee deep water crossing a slough. Other than that thousands of acres dry ground. I love this place. Everyone should come. Every year I hear about all this water. Every year I come. Never have I experienced a water problem. I know some do but the Good Lord must bless me each year on this trip

Old Post 12-02-2018 12:12 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Hunted 2 nights on the south unit. Never got in over knee deep water. Treed 24 trees with coon. Probably seen 60 to 70. Treed 14 of them last night walk hunting from 6 to 930. Talked to 3 different wardens. Got checked both nights. They were all really nice, but all said the Mississippi is predicted to go to 31 feet by next weekend. That will knock all the hunting on the south unit completely out.

Home Of:

Old Post 12-03-2018 06:29 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 12-03-2018 06:35 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Good picture, but with your eyes I hope you had someone along to find that coon! Man that was a hugh tree, but made a pretty picture. Dave

Old Post 12-03-2018 09:08 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CONRAD FRYAR
UKC Forum Member

Great picture! Coon falling out of that tree could hurt someone!

"Life is short boys, Hunt an intelligent hound"

Born in sin, convicted by the Word, saved by Grace.

Old Post 12-04-2018 01:29 PM
CONRAD FRYAR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CONRAD FRYAR Click here to Send CONRAD FRYAR a Private Message Click Here to Email CONRAD FRYAR Find more posts by CONRAD FRYAR Add CONRAD FRYAR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Steve Fielder
UKC Forum Member

Returned home on Saturday after hunting six nights on the North Unit. It rained us out on Friday, the last night of our trip. We harvested 45 coons in the six nights. It was one of the most enjoyable of the nine trips I've taken out there. Great fellowship, ideal hunting conditions and plenty of coons to tree. Some of the areas around Kansas Lake were inaccessible early in the week but improved as the week went on. Two of our group hunted around Kansas Lake Thursday night. Of course, all that closed on December 1st.

I learned a lot from my conversations with a game warden out there. I learned that coon hunter conduct needs to be a part of the vocabulary of everyone that goes out there. The manager of the refuge holds our future in his hands and he is not a big coon hunting fan. Hunters do foolish things and it impacts the attitude of those that have the power to close the gates. Think about it if you are going out. Don't leave stacks of dead coons in the campgrounds. Don't ride ATV's on the gravel roads. Don't cop an attitude when being addressed by game officials. Just a few of the things we need to think about.

One hunter that I talked to, who was on his first trip out there, said, "I'm not coming back. I can tree more coons in Ohio." I didn't comment but I'm thinking, "That may be true but you will also likely to be hunting in mile sections with whizzing traffic on all four sides and may encounter hostile land owners and deer hunters that don't want your hounds there." I go to the White River Refuge for the magnificent "cathedral-like" atmosphere of those awesome delta river bottoms, majestic oaks, open timber and the opportunity to turn my hound loose in any direction I choose. To each his own. I hope I live to make nine more trips.

Thanks to Nubbin Moore, Keith Durkee, Randy Smith (Mississippi), Morris Hardy, Frog Hayes, and Jon and Bubba, the coon hunting fishermen for a great week in camp. God willing, I'll be back next year.

Last edited by Steve Fielder on 12-04-2018 at 02:36 PM

Old Post 12-04-2018 02:33 PM
Steve Fielder is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Steve Fielder Visit Steve Fielder's homepage! Find more posts by Steve Fielder Add Steve Fielder to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

Your right Steve. I talked to them, there are 2 wardens for the whole 160k acre refuge. The state wardens help them out some and one of them is a coonhunter. I stood on the side of the road and talked to one of the federal wardens for over a hour Sunday night. He mentioned complaints about piles of dead coons being left. Cant remember but I think he said Columbus lake last year. I'm sure some one on here knows who did it. The biggest complaint was 4 wheeler getting off the trails. To tell the truth they have more problems out of deer hunters but we stick in there mind because all the other hunters do not want us in there and to deal with us they are having to be out in the middle of the night. People need to simply follow the rules and act like they got some home training.

We treed 24 in 2 nights and had a ball was going back Saturday but from my understanding if the Mississippi does what its supposed to it will be under water.

Home Of:

Old Post 12-04-2018 06:01 PM
BANJO PICKER
UKC Forum Member

Richard what's the update. You still out there?

Old Post 12-07-2018 11:31 PM
BANJO PICKER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BANJO PICKER Click here to Send BANJO PICKER a Private Message Click Here to Email BANJO PICKER Find more posts by BANJO PICKER Add BANJO PICKER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Highfill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Your right Steve. I talked to them, there are 2 wardens for the whole 160k acre refuge. The state wardens help them out some and one of them is a coonhunter. I stood on the side of the road and talked to one of the federal wardens for over a hour Sunday night. He mentioned complaints about piles of dead coons being left. Cant remember but I think he said Columbus lake last year. I'm sure some one on here knows who did it. The biggest complaint was 4 wheeler getting off the trails. To tell the truth they have more problems out of deer hunters but we stick in there mind because all the other hunters do not want us in there and to deal with us they are having to be out in the middle of the night. People need to simply follow the rules and act like they got some home training.

We treed 24 in 2 nights and had a ball was going back Saturday but from my understanding if the Mississippi does what its supposed to it will be under water.

We hunted Columbus Lake for years, but haven't the last 3-4. That area got so crowded we gave it up. I'd be willing to bet I know who piled those coons, and I'd bet they weren't Arkansans...

Old Post 12-07-2018 11:58 PM
Cory Highfill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Highfill Click here to Send Cory Highfill a Private Message Click Here to Email Cory Highfill Find more posts by Cory Highfill Add Cory Highfill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Weatherman said that it was going to start raining so I headed home.

Old Post 12-08-2018 12:16 AM