UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > White River Flood Watch Info
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Lambert

Glad you are back, you been missing things, Tar is now featured in Tartoons, sleepy head has made ole Tar famous. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-08-2018 12:54 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Steve Fielder
Returned home on Saturday after hunting six nights on the North Unit. It rained us out on Friday, the last night of our trip. We harvested 45 coons in the six nights. It was one of the most enjoyable of the nine trips I've taken out there. Great fellowship, ideal hunting conditions and plenty of coons to tree. Some of the areas around Kansas Lake were inaccessible early in the week but improved as the week went on. Two of our group hunted around Kansas Lake Thursday night. Of course, all that closed on December 1st.

I learned a lot from my conversations with a game warden out there. I learned that coon hunter conduct needs to be a part of the vocabulary of everyone that goes out there. The manager of the refuge holds our future in his hands and he is not a big coon hunting fan. Hunters do foolish things and it impacts the attitude of those that have the power to close the gates. Think about it if you are going out. Don't leave stacks of dead coons in the campgrounds. Don't ride ATV's on the gravel roads. Don't cop an attitude when being addressed by game officials. Just a few of the things we need to think about.

One hunter that I talked to, who was on his first trip out there, said, "I'm not coming back. I can tree more coons in Ohio." I didn't comment but I'm thinking, "That may be true but you will also likely to be hunting in mile sections with whizzing traffic on all four sides and may encounter hostile land owners and deer hunters that don't want your hounds there." I go to the White River Refuge for the magnificent "cathedral-like" atmosphere of those awesome delta river bottoms, majestic oaks, open timber and the opportunity to turn my hound loose in any direction I choose. To each his own. I hope I live to make nine more trips.

Thanks to Nubbin Moore, Keith Durkee, Randy Smith (Mississippi), Morris Hardy, Frog Hayes, and Jon and Bubba, the coon hunting fishermen for a great week in camp. God willing, I'll be back next year.

wow 45 southern coon killed . what ya going to do with all that hide money ? folks like you make it sound like a war going on in every direction and ruin the cathedral like atmosphere for others .

Last edited by thomasg on 12-08-2018 at 09:22 AM

Old Post 12-08-2018 09:10 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It is a War, dogs against coons. The dogs win some battles and the coons win some. But it sounds like Mr Fielder's dogs won the war.
The water level has risen 4 ft in the last few days.

Old Post 12-08-2018 01:36 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Was a great time. Water started rising Thursday night. I think we treed 68.

I sincerely pray they don’t shut this down to coon hunters.

Old Post 12-08-2018 03:49 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rockin12
UKC Forum Member

could anyone offer some advice for some Oklahoma Guys wanting to go hunt this area? we have never been, what do we need in the way of licenses? good areas to hunt ? areas to steer clear from ? any information would be greatly appreciated.

thanks !

Old Post 12-12-2018 10:32 PM
rockin12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rockin12 Click here to Send rockin12 a Private Message Click Here to Email rockin12 Find more posts by rockin12 Add rockin12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Arkansas small game non resident or 5 day
Refuge user permit

Turn them anywhere. Greatest place on earth. Watch your Garmin and turn away from the big water. Just enjoy

Take you side by side hit trail and go

Old Post 12-13-2018 12:19 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote