UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Opportunity for YOUTH HUNTER ONLY
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Opportunity for YOUTH HUNTER ONLY

If you are looking for a dog to hit some hunts I have a couple.

The youth will selected based on a written essay and must provide pictures of where dog will be housed and have references from one individual based upon their work ethic and from 2 current teachers to verify their work ethic in the classroom.

The youth must also have written consent from their parents allowing them to have a dog.

It will be the youths responsibility for feed cost and travel cost. I will provide the dog and $150 per month for entries. That be five $30 hunts or three $50 hunts. Youths decision. Youth keeps all winnings if money Hunt all trophies and prizes if Ukc hunt.

If youth has any write ups or altercations by not acting like a young man or woman on a cast deal is over and dog comes home.

ESSAY TITLE

What coonhunting means to me and how it will positively influence my future

Mail to
897 Dunmor Deerlick rd
Lewisburg ky 42256
Postmarked by 4/30/18

Dog come to you in May. Stay with you through pkc youth world.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-02-2018 10:28 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Billy Carter

Now that's a great idea, hope this catches in with other hunters. My thanks to you for caring about the youth and being a stand up guy. Dave

Old Post 04-02-2018 11:11 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluestorm
UKC Forum Member

If I wasn't trying to finish storm to NtCh this summer I'd be interested. And having dizzy I have to high of hopes to not try my hardest to get her to her full potential. As a 16 year old kid that enjoys running the hunts, I appreciate the offer

2018 Fred Lingo Memorial & BBOA Zone 4 Championship King of the Hunt
2018 6th place and overall high scoring bluetick, UKC Youth Nationals
2018 BBOA Zone 4 Hunt Dog of the Year
Double Cast Winner at the 2019 National Bluetick Days
2020 UKC world qualifier
CW at bluetick days RQE
Qualified for 2021 UKC world hunt

Old Post 04-03-2018 01:08 PM
bluestorm is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluestorm Click here to Send bluestorm a Private Message Click Here to Email bluestorm Find more posts by bluestorm Add bluestorm to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

I know I'm going to catch flack for this and I positive you are doing this for all the right reasons but $150. You expect your handler to pay for travelling expenses, dog food, the dog will have to be keep hunted up, that's a lot of gas $. You made no address of who is paying for wormer, tick and flea preventative. Unless this kid has a great job afterschool if old enough to have one or parents willing to foot the bill how is a youth supposed to do this? It is a long time till October and he or she better win alot of $ hunts along the way.
Why not find a youth hunter in your area who needs a mentor to take under your wing and take pleasure hunting, pay the expense for them to hunt in some hunts then work out a deal on winnings you are both comfortable with?

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 04-03-2018 02:34 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I understand your side of it. I also know that when I was a young man and didn’t have a dog I would have done about anything to have had a dog that treed a coon instead of ran.

I agree also it takes a lot of money to travel. I didn’t say anything about them having to go anywhere. I just stated I would give them $150 per month for entries.

Nothing in this world is free. And, I by no means am looking for a kid to put wins on these dogs. They are gold champions. They have nothing left to prove

But, I do want to provide an opportunity to a young person that has enough work ethic to get a side job and pay their way. That is exactly what this is for. If you notice in original ad it states work ethic referrals a couple times. And, they need supportive parents. The care is cheap compared to the purchase price of a competitive dog.

5-6 months with a dog be 5-6 bags feed. $150. If it needs a vet I be glad to handle that. These dogs did enough for me I can handle that, but I don’t run a dog to the vet unless they at deaths door. Little flea and tick plus wormer may be $40. I again don’t spend a large amount there other than kennel spray and spot on and a drontal tablet now and again. They are my work animals not pets. I take good care of them but at the end of day they are like my other livestock to me. Gas, you are right. That could get pricey depends on where and how much they go. Again, not saying they got go anywhere but I would like to see them win $100 for youth world.

This is not intended to be a pat on the back here is you a dog and money now go have fun. This is intended to help teach that if you want to play you got to pay. And, it a whole lot more fun to pay to play if you can win a little instead of participate. That way when they become adults they will understand that same scenario as it pertains to house payments, raising children, and helping others instead of standing around with a hand out waiting to be helped out. It is also about learning to make a deal with another individual and living up to your end of the bargain. I think that is pertinent in today’s time. Kind of like an employer, they give you money and your responsibilities are to put out the work.

Stand on your own, lean on no one, is kinda my motto and it has worked well for me and I think it a lesson that should be taught.

If there were any local kids that had enough gumption to go hunting I would be happy to find one here. I take kids hunting but none really enjoy it or seem enthused about going. I made an assumption that if I posted there may be a young person out there as on fire as I was about it and that would make me smile.

By no way am I offended by your comments as they are pertinent, but to play the game with me I expect the other party to tow the rope also.

Last edited by high ridge on 04-04-2018 at 01:55 AM

Old Post 04-04-2018 12:26 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Billy Carter

Well stated my friend, life is a 2 way street, you get what you are willing to put in. Gardens don't plant themselves, if you want to eat, you should be willing to work for it. You are taking a big risk, with a valuable dog, there ed should be some sense if responsibility on the other end. If they can not provide some monetary value, they aren't the one to be hunting your dog. IMO. Dave

Old Post 04-04-2018 12:59 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

Billy I would have jumped right though my hine end to have an opportunity like that when I was a kid... Nice job.. Because I know the world class caliber of hound you are offering.... This is an opportunity of a lifetime for a serious young Man or young Lady that wants to go to town with a good one....

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 04-04-2018 05:21 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Yes sir I would had jumped all over this.

Mr Tim.

Old Post 04-04-2018 06:02 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Just my .01cents worth

This just goes to show where our sport is. Can't believe that the young ones in this sport ain't knocking down your door to get a dog, I would be calling every day bugging him to death till he let me have one of his dogs may not wright good but he would get tired of me calling.
high ridge you are offering a young person a once in a lifetime chance in the coon hunting world my hat is of to you.

Old Post 04-04-2018 06:57 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, a good dog and $150 a month. What do you consider a "youth"? How about "young at heart"?

Old Post 04-04-2018 07:23 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

YEP

That's what I'm talking about

Old Post 04-04-2018 08:08 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JR Collins
UKC Forum Member

Outstanding Opportunity

I showed this post to my son yesterday evening. He thought it was cool but reminded me there is very few hunts local and he had enough dogs to take care for now.
I want congratulate MR. Carter on a great idea to help the youth. I was lucky to have a mentor in my youth to make sure I had a dog to hunt.
Your standards of work and school ethic's is outstanding. I did not get the money incentive as a youth to chase the competition arena, so I wish I could have had this type of opportunity back then.

Old Post 04-04-2018 09:35 PM
JR Collins is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JR Collins Click here to Send JR Collins a Private Message Click Here to Email JR Collins Find more posts by JR Collins Add JR Collins to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

Too me it sounds like a great geasture. When we were young we begged to get a hound to handle. There are many young hunters out there I bet that parents too would think this is great and more offers like this is needed. Good job!

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 04-04-2018 09:48 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote