UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Cur and Feist Classifieds > Game Terrier Pups...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dan McDonough
UKC Forum Member

Game Terrier Pups...

I have two female black and tan terrier pups born over the Labor Day weekend 2014. They are 7/8 Jagdterrier and 1/8 JRT. I put the JRT in there to bring up the natural retrieving and tighten up the hunting range a little. There's no sense in a terrier that goes in holes 1/2 mile away. This family of terriers is tough but not suicidal and make very useful all around game dogs. They have good noses and are busy hunters. They also tend to be very well behaved in the house.

If your sick of looking for a terrier that is supposed to be like the breed description and falls short and just want one that works and is nice to be around I think you'll be very happy with either of these two females.

One is hairy and one is nearly smooth with a little bit of flagging on the legs and near the corners of her mouth.

$200/ea.

Dan McDonough
507-261-912

Superstition Mtns., AZ
American Leopard Hounds
& Lurchers

Last edited by Dan McDonough on 03-30-2015 at 08:06 PM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-18-2014 06:49 PM
Dan McDonough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan McDonough Click here to Send Dan McDonough a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan McDonough Find more posts by Dan McDonough Add Dan McDonough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
triker
UKC Forum Member

is there any tree bred into these dogs

GRCH GRNTCH CARGILLS JEWELL

Old Post 12-19-2014 02:36 AM
triker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for triker Click here to Send triker a Private Message Click Here to Email triker Find more posts by triker Add triker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan McDonough
UKC Forum Member

Many of the Jagdterrier side of this breeding tree. In fact one of the females made it as high as second in the race for squirrel dog of the year in 2003. I ran out of trials within 4 hours of my place when the Oct. hunts were done. I believe that was the year that Skeeter got the honors. I never bred any traditional treedogs in there because I didn't need it that much. If I was trying to make a line of comp. type dogs I would have but it's a hunting line first that occasionally produced a very good comp. dog. Most treed plenty well enough to find and they have always been good locators. I know that many Jagdterriers don't tree very well but this strain does pretty good.

Superstition Mtns., AZ
American Leopard Hounds
& Lurchers

Old Post 12-19-2014 06:23 PM
Dan McDonough is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dan McDonough Click here to Send Dan McDonough a Private Message Click Here to Email Dan McDonough Find more posts by Dan McDonough Add Dan McDonough to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan McDonough
UKC Forum Member

Superstition Mtns., AZ
American Leopard Hounds
& Lurchers

Old Post 01-08-2015 06:49 PM
joey bryant
UKC Forum Member

Sent you a pm

Old Post 01-09-2015 04:35 AM
joey bryant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey bryant Click here to Send joey bryant a Private Message Click Here to Email joey bryant Find more posts by joey bryant Add joey bryant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nickpeterkin
New UKC Forum Member

Do you still have the hairy female

Old Post 01-11-2015 11:32 PM
Nickpeterkin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nickpeterkin Click here to Send Nickpeterkin a Private Message Click Here to Email Nickpeterkin Find more posts by Nickpeterkin Add Nickpeterkin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan McDonough
UKC Forum Member

Yes I do.

Superstition Mtns., AZ
American Leopard Hounds
& Lurchers

Old Post 02-09-2015 07:34 PM
Dan McDonough
UKC Forum Member

Still here. They are small and well suited for small game and twisting into tight areas.

Superstition Mtns., AZ
American Leopard Hounds
& Lurchers

Old Post 03-30-2015 08:08 PM
huntsmenbob
UKC Forum Member

What do they hunt? What is their hunting style? Do they range close and flush game or run wide? Are they hole dogs or gun dogs?

Old Post 04-01-2015 06:08 AM
huntsmenbob is offline Click Here to See the Profile for huntsmenbob Click here to Send huntsmenbob a Private Message Click Here to Email huntsmenbob Find more posts by huntsmenbob Add huntsmenbob to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dan McDonough
UKC Forum Member

Hunt Sytle...

They can go either way as far as hole or gun dogs. They're young. They are bred to hold a close range and not blow the country side like some of the jagds in their pedigree will do. That was accomplished from the first cross with the JRT. They are small and made for flushing game and working piles and holes.

The hairy female has sold and the smooth is still here.

Superstition Mtns., AZ
American Leopard Hounds
& Lurchers

Old Post 04-14-2015 04:13 PM