UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Beagles > Wow is this correct?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jackson Boys
UKC Forum Member

Wow is this correct?

We called to verify that Bainbridge Ohio club was holding Performance Pack hunt tomorrow and was told that all of their hunts for the year are cancelled. We were looking forward to attending the club for the first time. Not to mention, we have been running their guts out. Anyhow, if anybody is going it sounds like it is cancelled even though it isn't cancelled on the UKC hunt listings. Hope we saved somebody a long drive for nothing.

Bills cell # (614)965-2643

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-16-2016 08:57 PM
Jackson Boys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson Boys Click here to Send Jackson Boys a Private Message Click Here to Email Jackson Boys Find more posts by Jackson Boys Add Jackson Boys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hspencer
UKC Forum Member

Yes, unfortunately this is correct. We received notice of this but did not get it posted on the website in a timely matter.
The Upcoming Events listing does show this hunt as cancelled now. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Old Post 09-16-2016 09:14 PM
Hspencer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hspencer Click here to Send Hspencer a Private Message Click Here to Email Hspencer Find more posts by Hspencer Add Hspencer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rjgjr
UKC Forum Member

Unfortunately we are having problems with getting folks license to judge in Southern Ohio. For the past 7 or 8 hunts in this area we only have had two judges. Me 56 and Kent Ward 57. I personally haven't seen one of my dogs run in 90% of the hunts I attended in the past year or longer. I haven't entered a champion dog or a reg dog in quite sometime, not because I don't have them I DO but because we have no judges but us two so my dogs stay at home and we come and judge. Several hunts I was the only judge. I do know Ryann tried to cancel this hunt several weeks back and was told she couldn't. I have plans with family this weekend or I would have made the hunt and I did forward this information to Ryann several weeks ago.
We have had folks come to the hunts that are very capable of judging but wont and the reply I have gotten over and over is I wont get to see my dog run. True story..

Old Post 09-16-2016 11:24 PM
rjgjr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rjgjr Click here to Send rjgjr a Private Message Click Here to Email rjgjr Find more posts by rjgjr Add rjgjr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ringer3 Kennels
UKC Forum Member

Unfortunately Performance Pack is going to fail because no one will step up and judge. That is why our club was shut down. Couldn't beg, borrow, or steal judges.

Miss Ryann McMurray
740-656-2196 call/text
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Walkers
AKC Supreme Grand Champion, UKC GRCH Ringer3's Million Dollar Baby (2014 AKC Kentucky State Female and 2014 AKC Ohio State Female).

CH Ringer3's Layback Star Struck

GRCH Ringer3's Layback Blastin BB

Ringer3's History's Been Made
Ringer3's Made Of Millions

The English
Ringer3's Briar Creek Goldnrod

The Beagles
Ringer3's Radiant Ruby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Close only counts in HORSESHOES and hand grenades!

Old Post 09-16-2016 11:43 PM
Ringer3 Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ringer3 Kennels Click here to Send Ringer3 Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email Ringer3 Kennels Visit Ringer3 Kennels's homepage! Find more posts by Ringer3 Kennels Add Ringer3 Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson Boys
UKC Forum Member

What a shame. But maybe here is some food for thought: Increase the entry fees and pay the judges more.

Old Post 09-17-2016 02:08 AM
Jackson Boys is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson Boys Click here to Send Jackson Boys a Private Message Click Here to Email Jackson Boys Find more posts by Jackson Boys Add Jackson Boys to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rjgjr
UKC Forum Member

Food for thought come take the test and help out do 3 apprenticeships and be a judge. Money isn't the issue.LOL

Old Post 09-17-2016 02:36 AM
rjgjr is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rjgjr Click here to Send rjgjr a Private Message Click Here to Email rjgjr Find more posts by rjgjr Add rjgjr to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson Boys
UKC Forum Member

Just curious, are the other states having this problem or is it just the clubs in Southern Ohio?

Old Post 09-17-2016 02:23 PM
TOUCHSTONEBEAGL
UKC Forum Member

I feel your pain and want to shed some light on the subject.

Our new club in East Sparta will be attempting to have PP hunts. Our first few HB hunts have been very successful. I posted requesting judges and received NO replies. Hmmm!We are going to give it a try regardless and hope for the best. Pull up the Ohio PP certification judge list and only 11 judges listed. 9 from the Coshocton area. Would it help to have all PP judges listed??

As far as not getting to see your dog run... If it gets the job done while you are out judging a different cast it still wins its cast. You get to see em every day so I don't see the issue with not seeing it run that day.

At the same time your dog is out winning its cast, you can be running with a pack and scoring hound work up close. I have had great experiences in beagles since 72. Running with a pack and scoring the dogs are some of the most memorable. You will get the privilege to run with some great hounds and see some awesome hound work. If you are physically able to judge PP pack but you aren't, then you are really missing out. IMO

Long post but the Performance Pack rules promote some ideal hunt characteristics. Hope to see the program grow. Judges are key to success.

Old Post 09-17-2016 05:20 PM
TOUCHSTONEBEAGL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Click here to Send TOUCHSTONEBEAGL a Private Message Click Here to Email TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Find more posts by TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Add TOUCHSTONEBEAGL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TOUCHSTONEBEAGL
UKC Forum Member

Last edited by TOUCHSTONEBEAGL on 09-17-2016 at 05:42 PM

Old Post 09-17-2016 05:20 PM
TOUCHSTONEBEAGL is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Click here to Send TOUCHSTONEBEAGL a Private Message Click Here to Email TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Find more posts by TOUCHSTONEBEAGL Add TOUCHSTONEBEAGL to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
broken gun
UKC Forum Member

If you never get to see your dog compete what is the point in going to a trial? Sure you get to see your dogs run at home but that is hardly the same as seeing them run in competition.
I'm happy to judge at any trial I go to but I am going to see my dogs run. If that means casts have to be held so be it. If that is a problem for anyone at the hunt they are more then welcome to step up and take the test.

Old Post 09-17-2016 08:50 PM
broken gun is offline Click Here to See the Profile for broken gun Click here to Send broken gun a Private Message Click Here to Email broken gun Find more posts by broken gun Add broken gun to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ringer3 Kennels
UKC Forum Member

When we began we held casts for judges to see their dogs run. It got to the point where the hunts were taking all day because people had more than one dog they were running, etc. Too many people complained (Again people that could have easily got their judges license). The biggest complaint I hear when I ask people to judge is that the judges get run down so bad on their judging just because such and such dog doesn't win they say "why judge". Just because they hear their dog bark and are not right up with the dogs they think they should get scored. It doesn't work that way. I don't know how many times I've had to explain the rules to people out on the cast.
As far as charging more to pay judges more well I have offered 20.00 over the entry fee to judges to judge. I've offered to pay their 20.00 test fee back to them after they judge 3 times at our club. We feed judges for free at both Bainbridge and Southern Ohio. Most beaglers I know couldn't bring more than one dog if you raise fees to say $40.00.

Miss Ryann McMurray
740-656-2196 call/text
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Walkers
AKC Supreme Grand Champion, UKC GRCH Ringer3's Million Dollar Baby (2014 AKC Kentucky State Female and 2014 AKC Ohio State Female).

The English

The Beagles
Ringer3's Radiant Ruby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old Post 09-17-2016 09:13 PM
Ringer3 Kennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ringer3 Kennels Click here to Send Ringer3 Kennels a Private Message Click Here to Email Ringer3 Kennels Visit Ringer3 Kennels's homepage! Find more posts by Ringer3 Kennels Add Ringer3 Kennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Moe
UKC Forum Member

Looks like a dog from In. or I'll. will win the world this year.

Old Post 09-17-2016 09:59 PM
Moe is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Moe Click here to Send Moe a Private Message Click Here to Email Moe Find more posts by Moe Add Moe to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rjgjr
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TOUCHSTONEBEAGL

Our new club in East Sparta will be attempting to have PP hunts. Our first few HB hunts have been very successful. I posted requesting judges and received NO replies. Hmmm!We are going to give it a try regardless and hope for the best. Pull up the Ohio PP certification judge list and only 11 judges listed. 9 from the Coshocton area. Would it help to have all PP judges listed??

As far as not getting to see your dog run... If it gets the job done while you are out judging a different cast it still wins its cast. You get to see em every day so I don't see the issue with not seeing it run that day.

At the same time your dog is out winning its cast, you can be running with a pack and scoring hound work up close. I have had great experiences in beagles since 72. Running with a pack and scoring the dogs are some of the most memorable. You will get the privilege to run with some great hounds and see some awesome hound work. If you are physically able to judge PP pack but you aren't, then you are really missing out. IMO

Long post but the Performance Pack rules promote some ideal hunt characteristics. Hope to see the program grow. Judges are key to success.

Not seeing my dogs run is one thing.. I CANT ENTER MY DOGS PERIOD IF I AM THE ONLY JUDGE. Check the rules I cant judge my own dogs. LOL I wont let Kent judge my dogs because we work together and it WILL cause problems if my dog would happen to win its cast. Not worth the grief. We have done everything we can do to keep these two clubs above water. 2 judges for two clubs is a bit much but we will continue to do so for good of the program. This weekend Bainbridge had a hunt and Kent and I could not attend do to prior commitments. I hope to rebuild over the winter and we do have several prospects willing to come on board. Time will tell.

Last edited by rjgjr on 09-17-2016 at 11:32 PM

Old Post 09-17-2016 11:21 PM
Jackson Boys
UKC Forum Member

We hope it all gets worked out. We like the format.

Old Post 09-18-2016 01:34 AM
ericwaddle3
UKC Forum Member

is this the club hosting the World in October?

Old Post 09-18-2016 03:00 AM
ericwaddle3 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ericwaddle3 Click here to Send ericwaddle3 a Private Message Find more posts by ericwaddle3 Add ericwaddle3 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rjgjr
UKC Forum Member

Batavia club is hosting PP world hunt. We have plenty of running grounds. Bruce Farmer has been working this for sometime with a few others. Rabbits will be plentiful.
We have camping. Some sites have electric capabilities.
There are also showers on site. We have been working diligently to make this hunt a success. The kitchen will be open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Last edited by rjgjr on 09-19-2016 at 02:30 AM

Old Post 09-18-2016 03:35 PM
rjgjr
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by ericwaddle3
is this the club hosting the World in October?

Clarification BATAVIA CLUB is hosting the world hunt.
Bainbridge is a separate club that we do support.

Old Post 09-19-2016 02:26 AM
rjgjr
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by TOUCHSTONEBEAGL

You are at a disadvantage letting total strangers handle your hound. Your hound will handle better for YOU than it will for someone they never seen. Case in point SPLITS, do you think a total stranger will get your hound back into the race as quickly as you the owner would? Have had this happen twice and the handler on one occasion got mad because he couldn't call my dog off a hot rabbit and made no attempt to put the dog back in the race.

Old Post 09-19-2016 01:52 PM
VICKY B
UKC Forum Member

Is this the club hosting the PPworld hunt this year?

Old Post 09-21-2016 04:30 PM
VICKY B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for VICKY B Click here to Send VICKY B a Private Message Visit VICKY B's homepage! Find more posts by VICKY B Add VICKY B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ringer3 Kennels
UKC Forum Member

No it is not. Southern Ohio CH and Beagle Club is hosting the world.

Miss Ryann McMurray
740-656-2196 call/text
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Walkers

The English

The Beagles
Ringer3's Radiant Ruby

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old Post 09-21-2016 05:54 PM
st line beagle
UKC Forum Member

december 10th

december 10th will be smokin C s first performance pack hunt we are trying to get judges lined up now keep your eyes open and if any of you want to judge or interested in it please respond

hbch straight line screaming trixie
chumney's straight line AL Capone
chumney's straight line zenyatta

Old Post 09-25-2016 08:59 PM
st line beagle is offline Click Here to See the Profile for st line beagle Click here to Send st line beagle a Private Message Click Here to Email st line beagle Find more posts by st line beagle Add st line beagle to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote