UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Blueticks > BBCHA Historicial BLUE BOOK
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ormiston
UKC Forum Member

BBCHA Historicial BLUE BOOK

Your BBCHA "HISTORICAL BLUE BOOK" Committee is hard at work bringing you another "big 'n wonderful" 2019 breed journal. A sampling: biographies on respected active Bluetickers from Canada, NC, Kansas (2), west Texas, old Mexico, Missouri, east Texas, Mississippi (3) and Oklahoma. Biographies on pioneer Bluetick icons from Ohio (4), Nebraska, TN, MS, IN and AZ. Two articles on big game pioneers who hunted Blues. A couple of articles on hound breeding.
The famous Blue Pages will feature 100+ vintage/historical photos of influential Bluetick hounds and men. We expect to feature over 100 ads this year (114 last year) of breed fanciers from all over the U.S., Mexico and Canada. Plus commercial product ads from many vendors. Contact information on approximately 1,000 BBCHA members.
To receive this celebrated (300+ pgs.) Bluetick journal in early 2020 - Be sure you've paid your 2019 BBCHA membership dues ($30), additional family members $5 each. To pay go to BBCHA.net website and click "Membership" at top of page; then click on "Buy Now" tag to pay dues by credit card, Debit Card or PayPal. Or send dues by U.S. Mail to Lana Hammer, 14801 E. 140th St. N, Collinsville, OK 74021.
THANKS! Guy G. Ormiston...Historical Blue Book Editor.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-14-2019 06:07 PM
ormiston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ormiston Click here to Send ormiston a Private Message Find more posts by ormiston Add ormiston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

I joined in December 2018

But did not get a book when they were sent out earlier this year. I will get one of the 2019 books when they are sent out in early 2020, correct? Also, I need to update my address. Who do I contact?

Old Post 09-22-2019 02:24 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ormiston
UKC Forum Member

Nick B

Hello Nick B....thanks for your email. Since there are several Bluetick organizations, these messages apply to the Bluetick Breeders and Coon Hunters Assoc. (BBCHA).

If you ascertain that we are talking about BBCHA we want to correct this as soon as possible. I checked the 2018 Blue Book membership listing by state and found no name for TN which would match a first name "Nick" and a last name beginning with a "B". So, for whatever reason, perhaps you weren't correctly entered into the BBCHA membership roles.

Please send me a personal email (my email: guy.g.ormiston.com) with your name and present mailing address. I will see that you are sent an '18 Blue Book and that any address we have for you will be updated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Guy

Old Post 09-22-2019 10:15 PM
ormiston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ormiston Click here to Send ormiston a Private Message Find more posts by ormiston Add ormiston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

Re: Nick B

quote:
Originally posted by ormiston
If you ascertain that we are talking about BBCHA...
Please send me a personal email (my email: guy.g.ormiston.com) with your name and present mailing address. I will see that you are sent an '18 Blue Book and that any address we have for you will be updated.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Guy

Hey Guy,
If you will clarify your email address (the domain is missing), I will send you my paypal receipt. I joined on January 8, 2019, not December 2018.

Old Post 09-26-2019 02:56 PM
Nick B is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Nick B Click here to Send Nick B a Private Message Find more posts by Nick B Add Nick B to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOE H BROOKS
UKC Forum Member

Horse Breeding verus Hound Breeding

Hello Mr Ormiston, i wanted to reply, about an article you wrote, about breeding horses, verus breeding Hounds. My thoughts are the hounds are required to think, trailing, going the right way on a track, treeing for accuracy, and other things that require, some horse sense. Where a horse is not required to think much, unless he's a cutting horse, but to run for speed. Yes, there are some things in common, but i always, thought a hound needs to use his brains. PS i did buy one of your books, but i did not agree, with all of your thought processes, i'm just an old farm boy from Ohio.

Old Post 09-26-2019 11:30 PM
JOE H BROOKS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOE H BROOKS Click here to Send JOE H BROOKS a Private Message Find more posts by JOE H BROOKS Add JOE H BROOKS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ormiston
UKC Forum Member

Re: Nick B

Sorry. Should be guy.g.ormiston@gmail.com

Old Post 09-27-2019 12:05 AM
ormiston
UKC Forum Member

Re: Joe Brooks

Hello Joe.....thanks for your input. It's good to hear from another old farm boy.

Guy

Old Post 09-27-2019 12:12 AM
JOE H BROOKS
UKC Forum Member

Books

Thanks for replying, Mr Ormiston, your's is one of the first columns, that i read, you've recommmended several good books over the years. And i'll tell you about one i've bought recently, writtened by Neil Giffin, about a line of English dogs, they were called the West Tenn. Line or Beech River Line of english dogs. The fellow that writes the english column, Vic Mcmillian has them for $30.00 includes shipping, they are hard copy, his e-mail, is vicmcmillian@bmts.com, probably the best i've read about breeding, storys, about a line of coon hounds. I think it starts around the 1920's, go's to 1960, and they were long eared, could fly on a cold track, tree coons nothing else could smell, loud hard tree dogs, a lot of different lines, of hounds went to them, bluetick, english, black&tan, just a real good read. I liked the Back Trackin book and others. I use to have to go to Norman, Ok for schoolin, for my job, i stopped in to see Tim Ball, at Ardmore, he invited me to go hunting, which i declined, cause i don't like snakes, we would have to go for 2 to 3 weeks, on different engines, diesel and gas.

Last edited by JOE H BROOKS on 09-27-2019 at 01:47 AM

Old Post 09-27-2019 01:44 AM
JOE H BROOKS is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOE H BROOKS Click here to Send JOE H BROOKS a Private Message Find more posts by JOE H BROOKS Add JOE H BROOKS to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Nick B
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Nick B

quote:
Originally posted by ormiston
Sorry. Should be guy.g.ormiston@gmail.com

Email sent. Thank you.

Old Post 09-27-2019 12:54 PM
ormiston
UKC Forum Member

Hello Joe

I appreciate the book tip!

Guy

Old Post 09-27-2019 03:29 PM
ormiston
UKC Forum Member

Time is running out!

Hello Good Bluetickers….the time is running out for you to place your personal BBCHA Blue Book ad and to join BBCHA for 2019 (see above on how to do it). You will receive your own copy of the 2019 famous BBCHA Historical Blue Book included in your membership. To be mailed in the 1st quarter of 2020.

The upcoming book will be the grandest breed book in the sport. Over 30 articles dealing with Bluetick history and what's happening now with several present day hunters and breeders.

Featured will be a couple of Mexican Bluetick kennels and their hunting of exotic game; Some present Big Game Bluetickers and their stories, a longtime Bluetickers from Ontario submits a fun article; an enjoyable Lee Bros. hunt will be re-lived; multiple present day Bluetickers are visited; for history read of Bill Green, Galoway hounds, the whole story on Welsh's Blue Warrior. Several huntsmen of the World War II era are remembered. Over 130 private kennel ads are expected. ON
AND ON!

You'll want to be a part of this 2019 keepsake Bluetick achievement.

Old Post 11-12-2019 12:41 PM
Gary Roberson
UKC Forum Member

Thanks Guy! Just went on line and renewed my membership. Looking forward to the Blue Book!
Adios,
Gary

Old Post 12-03-2019 10:30 PM
Gary Roberson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gary Roberson Click here to Send Gary Roberson a Private Message Click Here to Email Gary Roberson Find more posts by Gary Roberson Add Gary Roberson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

BTT

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 03-10-2020 10:52 AM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimmy ballard
UKC Forum Member

blue books

when will the books be mailed

Old Post 03-13-2020 10:40 PM
jimmy ballard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimmy ballard Click here to Send jimmy ballard a Private Message Click Here to Email jimmy ballard Find more posts by jimmy ballard Add jimmy ballard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bluebooks

They were mailed out Tuesday, the 10th. You will have them Soon.

Old Post 03-14-2020 03:56 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jimmy ballard
UKC Forum Member

books

thank you

Old Post 03-14-2020 02:47 PM
jimmy ballard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jimmy ballard Click here to Send jimmy ballard a Private Message Click Here to Email jimmy ballard Find more posts by jimmy ballard Add jimmy ballard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote