UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > garmin and trail cameras
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Black Ash Bawl
UKC Forum Member

garmin and trail cameras

my garmin told me tonight I was getting interference issues with another unit. A deer hunter who has 20 acres along side the swamp I hunt has installed a bunch of trail cameras that are all linked so he only has to check one camera and he can get a signal on his phone to check the cameras also.... Is this causing the interference my 320 garmin is picking up.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-10-2018 06:13 AM
Black Ash Bawl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Black Ash Bawl Click here to Send Black Ash Bawl a Private Message Find more posts by Black Ash Bawl Add Black Ash Bawl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

To find the answer to your question. You would have to check out the model of the trail camera and see what frequency they are communicating on. If it is the same as the garmin unit then yes that could be the problem. Anything that is operating on that frequency can interfere with your garmin.

Old Post 12-10-2018 12:09 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I did some quick reading on the the cuddeback cameras and I could not find an exact frequency number they operate on but I read the FCC rules they are covered by and it is the high frequencies like the ones cell phones and garage doors operate on. I did copy this from their page.FCC Notice
Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party responsible for compliance could void the user’s authority to operate the equipment. This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) this device may not cause harmful interference, and (2) this device must accept any interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation. This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation. This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:

Old Post 12-10-2018 12:30 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Torey Wood
Banned

Garmin Alphas and I believe the 320 and 430 operate on 4 different frequencies around 145mHz. Not 100% sure what the cameras are operating at by I have a feeling it will either be ~900mHz or 2.4gHz.

Old Post 12-11-2018 01:18 AM
Torey Wood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Torey Wood Click here to Send Torey Wood a Private Message Click Here to Email Torey Wood Find more posts by Torey Wood Add Torey Wood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Torey Wood
Banned

Cuddelink which may be the most "available" or brand name linkable camera is 900mHz which is near the cell phone band. Any cellular(3G or 4G) camera is using cell phone towers so we know it is ~900mHz. Unless your neighbor found an odd duck camera, the camera shouldn't be the issue.

Old Post 12-11-2018 01:32 AM
Torey Wood is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Torey Wood Click here to Send Torey Wood a Private Message Click Here to Email Torey Wood Find more posts by Torey Wood Add Torey Wood to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote