UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > White River Flood Watch Info
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

See everyone there!!!

Steve you are correct it is an outdoor cathedral. My wife doesn’t understand my excitement to get to hunt those big bottoms and see that amazing timber but as I pack the more excited she gets each year and I think she enjoys this hunt more than any I go on due to the excitement it brings to our house with myself and my buddies preparing. It is an awesome experience and like I have said many times, IT IS HOUNDSMAN HEAVEN, EVERYONE SHOULD GO AT LEAST ONCE!!!!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-15-2018 07:20 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Have y'all hiked out to see the giant cypress on the South Unit?

Old Post 11-15-2018 08:50 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Billy Carter

Tree a few for me old buddy. Dave

Old Post 11-15-2018 10:15 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I have always though about it Richard. I keep hoping the dogs will tree near it.

Old Post 11-16-2018 12:40 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Rex and I did one night. It is as big around as your truck at the base.

Old Post 11-16-2018 12:55 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

pretty nice out here today.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 11-16-2018 04:27 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wormy
UKC Forum Member

Does everyone think it will be ok to go next week? I'm ready that's for sure. We have 8'' of snow here and I'm sick of it.. Ready to go..

Trader's Midnight Money RIP
Dempsey’s Whiz Bang
Wipeout Weapon
NtCh 1000 $ Baby

Old Post 11-16-2018 08:31 PM
Wormy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wormy Click here to Send Wormy a Private Message Click Here to Email Wormy Find more posts by Wormy Add Wormy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It looks like water level is just barely going down. But at least it isn't going up. Why is Brown Shanty campground closed?

Old Post 11-19-2018 03:38 PM
fatherof4
UKC Forum Member

I'll be heading down there Wednesday morning so yall save me one or two. I got one that needs to be freshened up and one to start. Try to leave me an easy one. LOL

Ch GrNiteCh. Ch. Ramey's Oakwood Woody
PR Ramey's Crockett Rose
NITECH CH PR Hardin-Williams Spider
PR Ramey's Lute

Old Post 11-19-2018 04:42 PM
fatherof4 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for fatherof4 Click here to Send fatherof4 a Private Message Click Here to Email fatherof4 Find more posts by fatherof4 Add fatherof4 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dowell Phillips
UKC Forum Member

Water is everywhere! The road leading out of Brown Shanty Campground across Maddox Bay is flooded!

Old Post 11-19-2018 04:47 PM
Dowell Phillips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dowell Phillips Click here to Send Dowell Phillips a Private Message Click Here to Email Dowell Phillips Find more posts by Dowell Phillips Add Dowell Phillips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Water has dropped even more. Someone drive down into the South Unit this week end and see how much water is still there.

Old Post 11-21-2018 02:13 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Water has dropped even more. Someone drive down into the South Unit this week end and see how much water is still there.

Unless something changes you will be able to hunt it but there will be places that are bad. River levels are falling pretty steady. Its going to be a muddy mess though.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 11-21-2018 03:44 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, the water level has dropped 2 feet since Sun. What does it look like out there?

Old Post 11-23-2018 03:03 PM
Dowell Phillips
UKC Forum Member

Richard I’m not sure about the water now but when we left Tuesday there were several dead beavers floating in the water around the edge of the South Unit. It appeared they had died from drowning....

Old Post 11-23-2018 07:42 PM
Dowell Phillips is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dowell Phillips Click here to Send Dowell Phillips a Private Message Click Here to Email Dowell Phillips Find more posts by Dowell Phillips Add Dowell Phillips to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
STROKIN
UKC Forum Member

Hunted there Thursday night. Treed a few but we got lucky. Lots of water. Last dump we had trouble with a dog getting treed in waist deep water. We called it quits after that

Old Post 11-24-2018 09:38 PM
STROKIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for STROKIN Click here to Send STROKIN a Private Message Click Here to Email STROKIN Find more posts by STROKIN Add STROKIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Water level is dropping like a rock now. It has dropped. 3 1/2 feet since Tuesday. It will look like a desert by Sat night.

Old Post 11-25-2018 02:22 PM
shane_atchison
UKC Forum Member

I only had to use a winch 3 times last night. It was so wet during the deer hunt the ruts are as bad as I've ever seen. The dogs got across water twice in 6hrs. Don't let a gauge fool you, several inches of rain snow and ice up north will be on its way in a few days and 5 of the next 10 days calling for rain in refuge..

Old Post 11-25-2018 02:45 PM
shane_atchison is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shane_atchison Click here to Send shane_atchison a Private Message Click Here to Email shane_atchison Find more posts by shane_atchison Add shane_atchison to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

It sounds like I had better bring my waders then.

Old Post 11-25-2018 03:02 PM
Short335
UKC Forum Member

I’m heading that way in two weeks i was just wonder how the hunting has been for the ones that have been able to hunt? Are the coons there? Are you having to deal with water everywhere or is there places to can hunt with out worrying about your dog getting across deep water that you can’t cross with getting wet? Any info will be helpful I’m trying to see if I need to cancel my trip or not.

Old Post 11-26-2018 04:27 AM
Short335 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Short335 Click here to Send Short335 a Private Message Click Here to Email Short335 Find more posts by Short335 Add Short335 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

There is always deep water. There are numerous lakes and bayous running through the refuge. You just have to walk around them at times. The problem is when the swamps or whole refuge is under water.
Weatherman says feels like 26 degrees out there right now. I hope everyone has a cabin and no one is in a tent.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-26-2018 at 02:03 PM

Old Post 11-26-2018 01:49 PM
mike bennett
UKC Forum Member

The water is falling out. To the guy that asked about the coons- they are still plenty and in true WRR fashion take the tree early. We treed 12 opening night and never got more than 300 yards off Brown Chanty road. I did have to wade chest deep water twice, but it was worth it. Hope to see everyone on the south unit Saturday night. It is going to be muddy, and busy but fun.

Old Post 11-26-2018 08:57 PM
mike bennett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike bennett Click here to Send mike bennett a Private Message Click Here to Email mike bennett Find more posts by mike bennett Add mike bennett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Only 4 more days, it looks like the water level drop is slowing down now.

Old Post 11-27-2018 04:01 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shane_atchison
I only had to use a winch 3 times last night. It was so wet during the deer hunt the ruts are as bad as I've ever seen. The dogs got across water twice in 6hrs. Don't let a gauge fool you, several inches of rain snow and ice up north will be on its way in a few days and 5 of the next 10 days calling for rain in refuge..

I got stuck 3 times when I was in there in October before all the rain. The stuff up north will take weeks to get down there. I'm 2 hours north of it and it takes a week for our river levels to reach the refuge.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 11-27-2018 05:10 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
POP
UKC Forum Member

Anyone seeing any squirrels?

Old Post 11-27-2018 09:36 PM
POP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for POP Click here to Send POP a Private Message Find more posts by POP Add POP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I heard Cable and Tate got 33 one day last week on North

Old Post 11-28-2018 03:14 AM