UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > 2016 Tacoma 6 speed
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
kbrown
UKC Forum Member

2016 Tacoma 6 speed

Looking at byeing a Tacoma with a manual transmission. My concern is how long the clutch lasts, does anyone have one. Have you had any problems? I don't want to have to put knew friction plates in every two years. Thanks for the input.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-01-2018 03:31 AM
kbrown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kbrown Click here to Send kbrown a Private Message Click Here to Email kbrown Find more posts by kbrown Add kbrown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Re: 2016 Tacoma 6 speed

quote:
Originally posted by kbrown
Looking at byeing a Tacoma with a manual transmission. My concern is how long the clutch lasts, does anyone have one. Have you had any problems? I don't want to have to put knew friction plates in every two years. Thanks for the input.

Got a Mazda B4000 310,000 miles, put a cluch in at 280,000.. if you need a new one every 2 years you may need to drive an automatic.

Mr Tim.

Old Post 04-01-2018 11:51 AM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Richardson
UKC Forum Member

Just replaced the clutch in my 2002 Toyota Tacoma at 235,000 miles. I have pulled a couple of vehicles out. I also had a buddy in a 3/4 ford with a Diesel engine call me one night with a mechanical problem and I pulled him out of his deer lease to a nearby house which was about a mile down the road.

NITECH CH 'PR' MILL CREEK BO-R.I.P.
NITECH CH 'PR' HOUSE'S SCREAMIN NELL

Old Post 04-01-2018 03:42 PM
David Richardson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Richardson Click here to Send David Richardson a Private Message Find more posts by David Richardson Add David Richardson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

You Tore the clutch out of yours, A clutch should last the life time of the vehicle. Good advice, get a automatic and never buy a Chev or a Ford because if you don't like a Toyota you will very disappointed with the other trucks.. LOL!

Old Post 04-01-2018 04:15 PM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
farmertick
UKC Forum Member

I had a 09 it had 160,000 on it and I never had the clutch even offer to slip, the only thing I ever replaced was wheel bearings, I would take a look at the nissan frontier also the are nice trucks and are use ally at least in my area are quite but cheaper than a Tacoma

Old Post 04-01-2018 05:25 PM
farmertick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for farmertick Click here to Send farmertick a Private Message Click Here to Email farmertick Find more posts by farmertick Add farmertick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kbrown
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: 2016 Tacoma 6 speed

quote:
Originally posted by nitehunter2004
Got a Mazda B4000 310,000 miles, put a cluch in at 280,000.. if you need a new one every 2 years you may need to drive an automatic.

Mr Tim.

Sometimes smaller foreign cars have really bad friction plates that wear really quickly. Just wondering about the Tacoma that's all.

Old Post 04-01-2018 07:30 PM
kbrown is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kbrown Click here to Send kbrown a Private Message Click Here to Email kbrown Find more posts by kbrown Add kbrown to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JAH
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by edwardfasteddy
You Tore the clutch out of yours, A clutch should last the life time of the vehicle. Good advice, get a automatic and never buy a Chev or a Ford because if you don't like a Toyota you will very disappointed with the other trucks.. LOL!

I agree with you on the never buy a Chevy.And that a clutch should last a lifetime.But that is it.All I ever have had is Fords.Had a problem with one of them.Usually have around 180,000 miles on them when I trade them off.Not because anything is wrong with them but because just want a new one.As far as a Toyota or any jap brand goes.I won't even allow one of those in my driveway I don't care who is driving it.They can park in the road and walk up to the house or stay away their choice

Old Post 04-01-2018 08:25 PM
JAH is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JAH Click here to Send JAH a Private Message Click Here to Email JAH Find more posts by JAH Add JAH to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
edwardfasteddy
UKC Forum Member

Listen, any time you here someone jumping in a saying fords or chevs are better then a TOYOTA, very good example of someone on a chat board that don't know a hog troph a chicken feeder! LOL

Old Post 04-02-2018 01:21 AM
edwardfasteddy is offline Click Here to See the Profile for edwardfasteddy Click Here to Email edwardfasteddy Find more posts by edwardfasteddy Add edwardfasteddy to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chaz2012
Banned

quote:
Listen, any time you here someone jumping in a saying fords or chevs are better then a TOYOTA, very good example of someone on a chat board that don't know a hog troph a chicken feeder! LOL
I can show you a couple pretty new toyo with bad trannys and transfer cases ,clutches there no where like the 01 back yotas

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 06-10-2018 03:12 AM
chaz2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chaz2012 Click here to Send chaz2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email chaz2012 Find more posts by chaz2012 Add chaz2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chaz2012
Banned

quote:
bring any toyo you want and we will compare 3 chevys with 200k to over a million miles on them and still running like new.

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 06-10-2018 03:14 AM
chaz2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chaz2012 Click here to Send chaz2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email chaz2012 Find more posts by chaz2012 Add chaz2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
B&Ttreed2017
Banned

Tacoma

In the oilfields around here alot of Tacomas are used by Pumpers , Drillers, and Roughnecks in general. They put several miles a day on some of the roughest lease roads in this part of the country.. Most of em are driven by younger guys that dont give a crap cause its a company truck and the trucks dont see an easy life. Citation has use every truck possible and nothin has held up to the Tacoma. Tundras were used 2 years ago cause some of the Rough Necks wanted a bigger truck. The balljoints were gettin replaced every other month. One of the Tacomas was just serviced at 473,255 miles. Engine has never had the valve covers off and still a strong engine. This truck is one that was drove hard and parked wet several times.

Qualified for UKC World 2017
Won his first 4 Shows in a row
Made Champion at 11 months
Qualified for the Illinois Govenors Cup 2017
Owned & Handled by 10 yr old Lil Darik
Titus has been found!!! 4 hours north of us. Dariks Happy Again!
God Is Great!!

Bradleys Tenacious Super Star
Leons Darkside x Blue Label Lilly
2 Wins towards UKC Show Champion
Owned & Handled by 9 yr old Bradley__________________________
618-320-0880 Cell
~Rest In Peace Ole Boy~
Biehls Tenacious Jet
Hobo Hoss x Kansas Jewell

Old Post 06-15-2018 07:32 AM
B&Ttreed2017 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for B&Ttreed2017 Click here to Send B&Ttreed2017 a Private Message Click Here to Email B&Ttreed2017 Find more posts by B&Ttreed2017 Add B&Ttreed2017 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Trucks

Toyota's are really good trucks, I own 3 trucks, Ford f150 4 x 4, Chevrolet Silverado 4 x 4 and new Tacoma 4 x 4. I prefer the Toyota Tacoma. Less maint on the Toyota and less repair on the Toyota. My wife owns a Toyota FJ Cruiser and it has been trouble free. Buy what you like is my motto. Dave

Old Post 06-28-2018 01:09 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

The original question being how the clutch holds up I can't say. Mine 05 Tundra, which is the old body style, is an auto. My truck has 298k on it and just last week got its first wheel bearing and rear brakes. Runs and drives as tight as the day I bought it. Most dependable and maintenance free vehicle I have ever owned. When it comes to a clutch or brakes it probably varies from driver to driver?

So the question for me is, has this quality been compromised in recent years. One poster above says yes, sounds like many of you are saying not. I wish they still built the old Tundra platform. Because they don't, I will buy a long box Tacoma. I want a '16 or newer because I want the better gas mileage of that new V6 and 6 speed auto. I will do so even with fair warning that I will never be allowed to park in JAH's driveway.

Old Post 06-28-2018 01:47 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
rocky tanner
UKC Forum Member

1982 Dually K30 4WD Short Wheel Base 350 CI 4 Speed

original clutch I haven't found what it wont pull

Only Jesus knows the miles

Old Post 07-03-2018 03:34 PM
rocky tanner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for rocky tanner Click here to Send rocky tanner a Private Message Click Here to Email rocky tanner Find more posts by rocky tanner Add rocky tanner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kbrown
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for all the replies, I ended up buying the 16 Tacoma with the manual transmission, so far i am very pleased with the truck. Time will tell i hope it lasts so that ot can be handed down to my son for his first vehicle.

Old Post 07-03-2018 05:11 PM