UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > Turkey Season
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
bobbycagle1
UKC Forum Member

Smile Turkey Season

Who is ready for Turkey season? Arkansas season: April 12,13 youth hunt. April 19 opening day for us. Can't wait to try to kill that long beard! Got about a month in a half.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-28-2014 03:27 AM
bobbycagle1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bobbycagle1 Click here to Send bobbycagle1 a Private Message Click Here to Email bobbycagle1 Find more posts by bobbycagle1 Add bobbycagle1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Im ready to work on one myself. We have a youth season this hr. First yr ever. It starts March 15. Ours starts the 22nd. Plus Todd needs to make us a sticky thread on here to show our kills. I may go listen this weekend. See if I can hear one.

Old Post 02-28-2014 06:49 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobbycagle1
UKC Forum Member

They were starting here last week. Buddy of mine heard 3 the other morning! I'm afraid their going to be gobbled out by the time the season gets here.

Old Post 02-28-2014 02:49 PM
bobbycagle1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bobbycagle1 Click here to Send bobbycagle1 a Private Message Click Here to Email bobbycagle1 Find more posts by bobbycagle1 Add bobbycagle1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

Hey I'm ready too! Only problem is I still have to wait until the end of April ! That's hard when you all already have a couple ground checked before I can even start ! I'm thinking about a land between the lakes hunt this spring. Got a connection down there and some unused vacation time! Be nice to get an earlier start.

Let me know when the first season starts and I'll get a thread stuck for us.

Old Post 02-28-2014 09:19 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobbycagle1
UKC Forum Member

I know what you mean Todd, it seems like they keep moving the season back further every year. Ours really needs to be in March like it used to be 30 years ago.

Old Post 02-28-2014 09:32 PM
Dustin gay
UKC Forum Member

Don't say that bobby I'm looking forward to our trip mason
Can't wait he is ready to go

Old Post 02-28-2014 09:34 PM
Dustin gay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dustin gay Click here to Send Dustin gay a Private Message Click Here to Email Dustin gay Find more posts by Dustin gay Add Dustin gay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dustin gay
UKC Forum Member

I read a post about resin got a pine tree by the house bleeding
Seen it before I left gonna have to try it

Old Post 02-28-2014 09:36 PM
Dustin gay is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dustin gay Click here to Send Dustin gay a Private Message Click Here to Email Dustin gay Find more posts by Dustin gay Add Dustin gay to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobbycagle1
UKC Forum Member

Hey Dustin, I saw it earlier. We're gonna have a good time! I hope the kids tear em up.

Old Post 02-28-2014 11:20 PM
Mark V.
UKC Forum Member

Todd I hunt a satilight club for that other world hunt thing dn. there( land between the lakes) Couldnt hardly walk any where with getting birds off their roost. good luck!

Old Post 03-03-2014 02:13 AM
Mark V. is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mark V. Click here to Send Mark V. a Private Message Click Here to Email Mark V. Find more posts by Mark V. Add Mark V. to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobbycagle1
UKC Forum Member

Their still gobbling in Arkansas! We've got over a month left before season starts. Anyone else heard any gobbling yet?

Old Post 03-04-2014 08:23 PM
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Every field around has strutter's in it. Its almost time.

Old Post 03-08-2014 05:23 PM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

I like to hear them spittin and drummin,,you know they're close then .

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 03-08-2014 07:59 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

I like for one to gobble when he's about 10 yards out. By golly if that don't excite you. Ain't nothing going to. Its like a coon dog puppy treeing its first coon.

Old Post 03-08-2014 09:02 PM
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

Yeah man ,they bow up in the back ,let loose that gobble then you hear those feathers rustleing , that's an adrenalin rush for sure .

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 03-08-2014 09:20 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bobbycagle1
UKC Forum Member

It wont be long! Ain't nothing like calling an ol long beard in, full strut, neck stretched out, looking for that hen. Then let him get behind a pine tree, get the ol 12 Guage in position, and CA blue ee Louie! Flop and drop!

Old Post 03-09-2014 03:13 AM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

i just like to hear them gobble and watch em strut only good part on them is the breast i ain't crazy over it i see them all spring when im up the barn when we feed the tradeing horses out side they come right up to the barn

Old Post 03-10-2014 05:30 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

i just like to hear them gobble and watch em strut only good part on them is the breast i ain't crazy over it i see them all spring when im up the barn when we feed the tradeing horses out side they come right up to the barn

Old Post 03-10-2014 05:30 PM
hillbilly56 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hillbilly56 Click here to Send hillbilly56 a Private Message Click Here to Email hillbilly56 Find more posts by hillbilly56 Add hillbilly56 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

Ours starts Saturday!!!!!!! It's youth season but some gobblers will die. Hillbilly next one you kill. Slow cook the legs in Crockpot till they dern near falling off the bone. Then make some dressing with it all. That's good stuff. I use to only keep the breast till I had that dressing.

Old Post 03-10-2014 08:42 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
Ours starts Saturday!!!!!!! It's youth season but some gobblers will die. Hillbilly next one you kill. Slow cook the legs in Crockpot till they dern near falling off the bone. Then make some dressing with it all. That's good stuff. I use to only keep the breast till I had that dressing.
lol i might cook me a young ground hog but i don't know about anymore turkeys id have to use stovetop dreesing lol i can easily kill 1 right out my back door in the spring they come within 20 yrds of the house right after daylight had a couple last yr that had close 10 inch beards on them

Old Post 03-10-2014 11:58 PM
hillbilly56
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by GA DAWG
lol i might cook me a young ground hog but i don't know about anymore turkeys id have to use stovetop dreesing lol i can easily kill 1 right out my back door in the spring they come within 20 yrds of the house right after daylight had a couple last yr that had close 10 inch beards on them

Old Post 03-10-2014 11:58 PM
bobbycagle1
UKC Forum Member

That's the way we cook it. But we fry up the breast, cook some poke salad up with it, and then the dressing! Mmmgood! PS. Make you some gravy out of the grease! Heartlovers special!

Old Post 03-13-2014 04:24 AM