UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Outstanding Living Hound That You Have Hunted
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Outstanding Living Hound That You Have Hunted

Have you hunted against a living coon treeing hound that you know before turning loose will consistently dominate your dog strike, track, and tree?

Tis the season of giving!
Give recognition to the owner of an outstanding hound whether owned by friend or foe.

Merry Christmas to all!
Ken Risley

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-09-2018 06:34 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Ken Risley

Don't know about dominating other dogs, but a friend has one that absolutely will tree a coon and have the coon about every time he is cut loose in these mountains in thin coons. I don't see how one could do any better and I have hunted over 50 years, he is one if the best that I have ever seen. Dave

Old Post 12-10-2018 03:19 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
lucas foster
UKC Forum Member

Best dog

An English dog up here in Indiana owened by Andy Fisher named crazy river blue screamer. He is by far the best dog I’ve hunted with in a long time. From what I’ve seen he’s a quick Honest strike dog. Takes his tracks as he comes to them n has the meat when he parks. Can tree em close or get deep if he has to. Straight up nails in the wood tree dog. In my opinion greatly underutilized in the breeding pen . English guys should really check him out. Andy’s a good guy n knows what coondog is. IMO

pr’ Hooper ridge hangem high huck
ntch. pr’ Kettle hollow Sandy

Old Post 12-10-2018 09:50 PM
lucas foster is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lucas foster Click here to Send lucas foster a Private Message Click Here to Email lucas foster Find more posts by lucas foster Add lucas foster to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

Dual Grand Champion Backwater Rainy, owned by James Lacey.

A Bone Collector female that trees any kind of coon and looks good in thin coon or thick.

If they aren't moving she will tree layups left and right.

Old Post 12-10-2018 10:30 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

GrNt GCh Spring Hollow Major Pain. David Blake

GrNt GCh Full Throttle Psycho Matthew Bailey

PCH Topper Chris Hatfield Zack Burden

Ch Dew Patrick Burch Derrick Nettles

GrNt PCh Insane X Con Phillips Daughtery

NtCh PCH Jiggs Pete Olivia Nickey Hale

Pch Meltdown Pete Olivia Nickey Hale

Those 7 immediately come to mind.

Old Post 12-10-2018 11:20 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daniel urffer
UKC Forum Member

Eye Knot - Al Noneman

Too Much Alcohol - Al Noneman

Lock Box - Keith Medley

Tin Man - Steve Ratcliff

Busy B - Ed Stokes

Briar Creek Chaser - Ed Stokes

Wipeout Annabelle - Derrick Roberts

Tree Shakin Champ - Jason Miller

Dark Hollow Rumor - Bruce Gilliam

Some of these dogs just got to kick my tail once, and a couple have done it alot, they are good ones either way you look at it.

Last edited by daniel urffer on 12-10-2018 at 11:41 PM

Old Post 12-10-2018 11:38 PM
daniel urffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daniel urffer Click here to Send daniel urffer a Private Message Click Here to Email daniel urffer Find more posts by daniel urffer Add daniel urffer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

Annabelle is a nice one for sure

Old Post 12-10-2018 11:52 PM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

I think many have answered this without thinking about the first part of your question. Which was. Have you hunted against a living coon treeing hound that you know before turning loose will consistently dominate your dog strike, track, and tree?

If anyone is hunting a dog that can be dominated by any dog alive. They should be looking for a new dog. That is if they competition hunt and having top dogs mean anything to them. Are there a lot of nice dogs? Yes Should a lot of men be congratulated for having a nice dog. Yes Many nice dogs mentioned in this post by others. I could throw a few more names out there and if Bone Collector or Hardwood Dan were alive they would be at the top of the list. They were Dominators.
Again any man that has a dog he knows will be consistently dominated by another. Should change his game plan. Many years ago, I spent a lot of money being dominated by a handful of quality hounds. Now my dogs get beat by a lot of different ones but not dominated by any.

Old Post 12-11-2018 04:18 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conkey

In that case, I agree with you, I don't think there is any dog that can dominate all the casts they hunt in. Look at the top money winners in $kc and you see them getting beat. My theory of dominating a cast is never getting beat and making the other dogs look bad. Dave

Old Post 12-11-2018 06:14 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Stan Ferrell
UKC Forum Member

I believe the intent of this thread was to throw a little respect towards some really nice hounds, not to be all defensive about what you are haulin. I am certain that everyone has a dog in mind that they do not want to draw out against, that would be a dominator.

Old Post 12-11-2018 11:15 AM
Stan Ferrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Stan Ferrell Click here to Send Stan Ferrell a Private Message Find more posts by Stan Ferrell Add Stan Ferrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Re: Outstanding Living Hound That You Have Hunted

quote:
Originally posted by Kler Kry
Have you hunted against a living coon treeing hound that you know before turning loose will consistently dominate your dog strike, track, and tree?

Tis the season of giving!
Give recognition to the owner of an outstanding hound whether owned by friend or foe.

Merry Christmas to all!
Ken Risley

My intent was to give recognition to any dog who's ability is at such a level and balance that on 10 coon tracks on any given night, anywhere, under any weather conditions they will dominate the hunt by treeing more coon scored with a .22. There is only one best in a list and that best is what needs recognition whether it is a World Champion your neighbors dog who has never entered a hunt.

Old Post 12-11-2018 11:49 AM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Dual Gn Homemade Josie, she is Never in a hurry but will be under a coon Behind you, in Front of You, she will take a bad track away from dogs that are standing on there head and get under there coon.

GrNtCh Big Money
GrNtCh North Mt Mort
T&R’s Homemade Trouble

GrNtChGrCh Homemade Josie.
Homemade Tank.
GrNtCh Hardwood Bean (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Abbotts Bawling Rebel (SEMEN)
GrNtChGrCh Tj's Stylish Lipper (SEMEN)
GrNtCh Nite Life Pay Dirt (SEMEN)
GrNtCh PKC Ch Poison Smoke (SEMEN)

HomeMade Kennels
Newton N.C

2010 SETWA BREEDER OF THE YEAR!!
(828) 302-5480

Old Post 12-11-2018 12:58 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Redneck Backwoods Shack

I may be partial but as far as a consistent get through the country and be parked under a coon every time kind of dog my pick has to be Shack. I've hunted with him probably 500 dumps and see no less than 480 coons. He's also a one bark no checking tree dog so its rare for him to be that accurate. As far as a young dog I have a 14 month old female out of Redneck Baby X Bones Backwoods Banjo that is an absolute freak. Hustler that has her coons as well. She's treed a ton of coons and maybe missed a handful of times. Hasn't had a chance in the hunts really yet but her time is soon to come. She's already 3-4 in UKC hunts and a Ntch.