UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Coon Feeders
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
highyellerdog
UKC Forum Member

Re: LOW COON POPULATION ?

quote:
Originally posted by Mark Wiles
Well ............you know what you want and what you have .............by the way do you have a low coon population in the state you live if that is the case I can see why you might need to use those man made feeders, but I hope you would know when to put a stop to it. I will not continue to insult you here and did not intend to at all. A young hound that I wish to train/hunt must pocess these natural traits........1. Desire 2. Hunt. 3. Strike, Trail , Tree........The desire shown by a young hound to hunt, trail and tree and the great feeling it gives one to know you have that special hound that has the abilities to do it the natural way is what I like in a hound. Good luck with what ever you want in a hound

John like a bad cold you come back just when it looks like things are getting better.

John Vaught, John Vaught

Call yourself what you want now but we all know who you are. Glad you learned how to take the caps lock off.

Gr Ch, AKC Ch 'PR' Powerbawl Zoe's Jewel
'PR' Zoe's Twister Bustin' Ruby

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-11-2007 07:53 PM
highyellerdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for highyellerdog Click here to Send highyellerdog a Private Message Click Here to Email highyellerdog Find more posts by highyellerdog Add highyellerdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jay Dangers
UKC Forum Member

WOW.........

Old Post 04-12-2007 12:28 AM
Jay Dangers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jay Dangers Click here to Send Jay Dangers a Private Message Click Here to Email Jay Dangers Find more posts by Jay Dangers Add Jay Dangers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
GA DAWG
UKC Forum Member

That cant be John. He didnt believe in feeders in thin coon or any reason!!!! Cant be him.

Old Post 04-12-2007 01:37 AM
GA DAWG is offline Click Here to See the Profile for GA DAWG Click here to Send GA DAWG a Private Message Click Here to Email GA DAWG Find more posts by GA DAWG Add GA DAWG to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Boggs
Banned

coon feeder

i make them out of 5 gallen buckets cut a 2 inch hole in the botten side and put a two inch nipel with lock nuts on each side of the nipel,,fill it with the cheepest dog food and put it on a small platform up in a tree about 5 feet off the ground,,it healps start the pups i have them on my farm and let the pups run loose till they start treeing on there owen,then they go back in the kennel and are never huntted on them again,

Old Post 04-12-2007 02:49 AM
David Boggs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Boggs Click here to Send David Boggs a Private Message Click Here to Email David Boggs Find more posts by David Boggs Add David Boggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
David Boggs
Banned

if you

have the rite tools for a job it makes it easer rite,so a bucket feeder is a tool to use if used the rite way to healp them coom along faster and if you dont use it ,,you are going to work with out all your tools,and it also helps the coon rase there young better,

Old Post 04-12-2007 02:54 AM
David Boggs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for David Boggs Click here to Send David Boggs a Private Message Click Here to Email David Boggs Find more posts by David Boggs Add David Boggs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allbritton
UKC Forum Member

feeders

not being smartass or nothin but i wouldnt think a dog would know to check a feeder. now iv seen dogs when you cut them lose to come up on a feeder and sniff it but i would think that was because the dog smells coon scent or squirrel or whatever around the feeder, and it would get any dogs interest. now i dont believe in huntin dogs on feeders all the time but i dont see how it would hurt a young dog getting started.plus i dont konw how it is where yall hunt but down around here coon are pretty thin, and even with a good dog you wont tree a ton of coon around here very often. so i think its kinda nice to go hit a feeder every now and then when coon aint movin to good. jmo

Last edited by Allbritton on 04-12-2007 at 10:06 PM

Old Post 04-12-2007 10:00 PM
Allbritton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allbritton Click here to Send Allbritton a Private Message Find more posts by Allbritton Add Allbritton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mikyle White
UKC Forum Member

HERE IS THE BUCKETS WE USE TO START OUR PUPS.

THIS ONE IS JUST SITTING ON THE GROUND TIED TO TREE WITH A STRAP, WE JUST PUT BREAD IN THIS ONE. IT WORKS REALLY GOOD, IT 35 GALLOON DRUM, AND WE FILL IT ABOUT ONCE EVERY TWO WEEKS. WE PUT REALLY SMALL HOLES IN IT JUST SO COON CAN REACH IN AND GET THE FOOD OUT OF IT.

THIS ONE WE JUST HUND BETWEEN TWO TREES, AND HAVE A PVC PIPE HANGING OUT OF THE HOLE SO THE COON HAVE TO REACH IN IT AND GRAB IT. WE JUST PUT CORN IN THIS ONE. WE FILL THIS ONE UP ABOUT TWICE A WEEK.

THEY BOTH WORK REALLY WELL.

Old Post 11-26-2007 12:02 AM
Mikyle White is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mikyle White Click here to Send Mikyle White a Private Message Click Here to Email Mikyle White Find more posts by Mikyle White Add Mikyle White to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote