UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Plotts: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Poacher Plott Hounds
Pages (8): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Female Bred

My brother Allen Moses bred a nice female to Prettyboy Poacher a few days ago.
She is out of Gr CH Nt Ch Willy(Gr Nt Rocky Top Nitro X Moses' Rugged Ridge Quick Kate) and Ch Pine Hills Tree Jammin' Rory(Nt Ch Moses' Rugged Ridge Poacher X Moses' Rugged Ridge Lola).
This is a powerful female with a big loud mouth. She has treed coon and treed bobcat also. Call Allen at 423-507-3631 if interested in a pup.

*NT.CH. MOSES' RUGGED RIDGE POACHER*

*GR.NT.CH. MOSES' PRETTYBOY POACHER*

*FCH CH GRNITECH SHATLEY LOBO*

http://www.poacherplotthounds.com/

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-16-2018 12:35 PM
KEVIN MOSES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KEVIN MOSES Click here to Send KEVIN MOSES a Private Message Click Here to Email KEVIN MOSES Visit KEVIN MOSES's homepage! Find more posts by KEVIN MOSES Add KEVIN MOSES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Kevin , Pat and I are going to have to cull these dang X-bred depression era sportsmen hounds none of them will tree harder than 80-99 barks a minute and the one that is about 80 barks a minute is bawl and chop on tree and you need to wear dat gum ear plugs when you get close even people with hearing loss it may damage there hearing aids. LOL

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 12-10-2018 02:28 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Yeah Chuck that brings a new meaning to the saying "If they barked any harder you couldn't stand it". ha

Old Post 12-10-2018 10:50 AM
KEVIN MOSES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KEVIN MOSES Click here to Send KEVIN MOSES a Private Message Click Here to Email KEVIN MOSES Visit KEVIN MOSES's homepage! Find more posts by KEVIN MOSES Add KEVIN MOSES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEARHOUND
UKC Forum Member

PUPS

Kevin I may have a couple males left out of Sadie and Hank had a guy say he didn't think he was going to have the extra money that he thought he would. They are ready to pick up anytime been wormed 3 times and will have their first round of shots on Wednesday I think most are coming to pick them up on the 15th. All of them are pretty good looking pups. If anyone is interested they can give me a call 423-519-5728 $300.00ea

Old Post 12-11-2018 09:57 AM
BEARHOUND is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEARHOUND Click here to Send BEARHOUND a Private Message Click Here to Email BEARHOUND Find more posts by BEARHOUND Add BEARHOUND to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Pups

423-435-2139. TJ. Seymour text me and said his female had 8 pups out of pretty boy about 3 weeks old. He said he had 2 left to sale. Their mama is a top dog. Call or text tj at 423-435-2139.

Old Post 01-23-2019 02:08 AM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Tj text me and said all his pups are sold now.

Old Post 01-24-2019 05:53 PM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

I am going to say something about these Poacher dogs right now my hunting buddy Pat and I have 3 -1 year old pups out of Barry Potts Amos Moses dog who is Poacher bred these pups Dam is out of one of our X-breed females out of 2 of my X-breed dogs. If I was a Dye in the wool Plott man ya'll need to be beating down Kevins door , Pat and I do not like get deep quick at all if they go 600 yds and can not strike a coon they ain't moving or they ain't there, we breed for a lot of different traits that may not necessarily win in the hunts per say , but by golly they better start early 5 months to a year old have the coon , be fairly straight , handle , and when I say handle I mean come here when called whether trailing or treed , be cold nosed etc. My Elijah pup smoked his mom and her littermate sisters tonight , shut them out on a coon and he has even done it to his Grandam , but not his Grandsire yet LOL. All I can say is Kevin is doing something right with those Striped dogs. just the opinion of 2 dyed in the wool pleasure coon hunter who drink lots of coffee! Friday night was the second night this season we did not tree a coon on the outside made 5 dumps dogs hunted between 400-600 yds and came back , on the 4th dump they cold trailed that ended at a den tree. the other 4 dumps not a bark. the other bad night was 2 den trees.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Last edited by Chuck Allen on 01-27-2019 at 06:30 AM

Old Post 01-27-2019 06:26 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

2 testimonials

Gus Underwood sent this text of a record of his pup he has out of Prettyboy Poacher X Skinned Poplar Plott TT.

" took the time to sit down and look through my notes and videos of stormi and thought i'd give ya an update on her since she is a little over a year old now. Showed stormi her first coon at 6 months she acted like she had seen 1000 of them. She was as aggressive as any pup I have fooled with at that age and was treeing everybreath. Showed her another about a week later and turned it loose. She ran the track and treed just as I hoped. The next week when jogging some logging roads with me she jumped a bear and ran it on her own for about 2 miles. From then till the end of December that was my main focus with her. She made 16 of the first 18 races I put her in and had made every bear race since for a total of 41 out of 43 bear races at a year old. She is smart on a mean bear, keeps the pressure on him but not suicidal. She chops everybreath on the tree , but where she really shines is her nose, winding ability, speed, and her drive. She was rigging ahead of seasoned bear dogs by December and there are only 3 other dogs that can run with her in the long races that I have hunted with so far. Had at least 5 races that were 15+ miles and she never slowed down. When bear season went out I keep my pack in the woods on coon and that's when I usually do my trash breaking . Since bear season has been out I have had stormi on 17 coon . She has tried 3 deer and 1 red fox and coyote and we have got most of the trash breaking behind us. She is turning out to be the coldest nose I have with brains, speed, grit and heart. So far the only thing I really haven't liked about her is her trailing bark and sometimes she is a little noisy on the chain but her mouth is still changing for the better and I believe she will calm down with age. Those are honestly the only faults I have found in her so far and that's from hunting her 3-6 days or nights a week since she turned 6 months old. I cant take the credit for the dog she has become this far,all that is in the breeding. I want to say THANK YOU for mixing up her blood just right. I don't think we really 'train' dogs. We just give them ample opportunity and corrections when needed. The rest is up to the dog. I am really looking forward to her this upcoming season as I believe she is really going to rock and roll. I have got a few videos for ya and feel free to share my testimony with anybody wanting to know how you breed your dogs. Thanks again!"----Gus Underwood ( West Virginia)

This message is from Matt Gregory of West Virginia. Matt's pup is out of Prettyboy Poacher X Moses' Rugged Ridge Frosty Nail.

" Hello Kevin its Matt Gregory. Hope all is well. Just an update on my pup. He did an awesome job in our December bear season. He is trailing really good and he can count'em off on a tree. He's got a ton of grit. He loves to pull fur. Hope you are doing well."

Old Post 02-19-2019 07:32 PM
Kyle Sumpter
UKC Forum Member

Butter

Gonna post a report of my poacher bred pup. She is a little over a year old and out of Barry Potts' Amos Moses dog and a gyp that Ryan Ellis owns. Showed her a coon twice early last fall and she liked it but still had to much pup in her bouncing and chewing on old dog. Didnt mess with her all winter cause I was singling out a male dog I have. Showed her a coon a couple weeks ago and turn it loose for her and she ran and treed it even though it didnt go far. Decided to take her at night last weekend. Got her on a hot coon and she took it 250 by herself and treed hard till we got to her. Very proud of her. She has seen 4 coon her whole life and one of those was the one she treed. She has always been gamey treeing barn cats and squirrels, barking at cows horses and kids rabbit. Easiest dog to start ive seen. I read where you posted that pretty boy pups were easy starting, well i can atest to that. I only have puppy papers but I think Barry's dog is a half brother to pretty boy if im not mistaken.

Old Post 02-25-2019 09:05 PM
Kyle Sumpter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle Sumpter Click here to Send Kyle Sumpter a Private Message Click Here to Email Kyle Sumpter Find more posts by Kyle Sumpter Add Kyle Sumpter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Kyle, Barry's Amos dog is out of pretty boy and my brothers Izzy female. I picked that Amos pup to keep and ended up selling him to Barry around 4 months old. Barry made a top dog out of him and says he produces good natural pups too. Barry and Ryan Ellis both are top notch.

Old Post 02-26-2019 01:19 AM
Kyle Sumpter
UKC Forum Member

I’ve never gotten the opportunity to meet Barry but Ryan seems like a good fellow. This pup I have has kind of taken a back seat to a ratchet male I have that’s a little older than her or she prob would be a lot farther along. I’ve heard lots of good about the Amos dog. Gonna put some time into my pup this spring though. Really impressed with her tree. Lots of young dogs will start out tracking and then start treeing later. She treed right off and had what she was after. I’ve hunted every breed except plott in the last 30 years and like what I have so far out of two different bloodlines. ( did see that ratchet has some poacher on his mommas sided though). Don’t know if I just got lucky or what but they seem smarter as a whole than a lot of dogs.

Old Post 02-26-2019 01:33 AM
Kyle Sumpter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kyle Sumpter Click here to Send Kyle Sumpter a Private Message Click Here to Email Kyle Sumpter Find more posts by Kyle Sumpter Add Kyle Sumpter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Yes Kyle the ratchet dog is out of prettyboys Littermate sister so you might be doing some linebreeding there sometime if they turn out ha

Old Post 02-26-2019 03:27 AM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

Kyle PM some time if you would like to go hunting , I don't live that far from you My buddy Pat and I have 2-males and 1 female out of Amos and 1 of our x-bred females , the male I kept is doing pretty dang well. Pat and his son Tyler their pups are doing pretty well also , but Pat just got Married in December.

Old Post 02-27-2019 02:37 AM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

2 females bred

Hershell Combs of Hartford, Tn. brought 2 littermate females and bred to Prettboy Poacher earlier this week. (Hershell bred their littermate sister last year and folks liked the pups so well he brought these 2 and bred also.) These are trained, finished females that are hunted on bear and coon. These females are out of Gr Nt Choates Hammer and Combs Clinch Mt. Sue. Hammer is linebred Gr Nt Hatchet Mt. Ben, Buckeye Bud. Sue carries Roarks Plum Creek Hawk, Roarks Plum Creek Tanner, Buckeye Bud, Roarks Plum Creek Chuck, Stepps Tree Talking Fly, Longs Hatchet Mt. Ben, Paynes Dry Creek Slick, Roarks Plum Creek Ginger, Roarks Plum Creek Chuck, Roarks Plum Creek Dolly, Gr Nt Pearcys Tracker, and Gr Nt Pearcys Goldwater Hide. Call Hershell Combs at 865-850-3110 for interest

Old Post 03-02-2019 07:25 PM
Shepherd_
UKC Forum Member

I've been hunting a dog out of Pretty Boy for 2 months now and I can't believe how smart she is. She's a great dog all the way from the kennel to the tree. She's young and hasn't had many coon killed above her but she can hang with just about any dog I put her in the woods with. She doesn't have a lot of size but probably one of the best nosed dogs I've hunted. She's a great tree dog with a chop mouth. It's been exciting hunting her the last couple months and I think she will really do well this summer.

Keep up the good work.

NITE CH 'PR' FLINT STICK II.

Old Post 03-07-2019 07:38 PM
Shepherd_ is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Shepherd_ Click here to Send Shepherd_ a Private Message Click Here to Email Shepherd_ Find more posts by Shepherd_ Add Shepherd_ to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

I appreciate the compliment Eric. Pretty boy pups have real cold noses on them. They can trail bad tracks up naturally. The mama dog has half to do with it also and that is a fact. I always like to give the mama dog the credit they deserve too because it takes both to make a good pup.

Brett Clark from Wyoming sent a video of a 7 month old pup, out of Pretty boy and my brothers Izzy female, that cold trailed a lion track up in the snow and treed it by himself. Brett said he was overly impressed with the nose, track power and tree power this pup had to do it on his own. He has an outstanding mouth too. There were 2 mountain lions in the tree. If I knew how to post videos I would post it.

Last edited by KEVIN MOSES on 03-12-2019 at 11:23 PM

Old Post 03-12-2019 10:08 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Prettyboy/Snoopy

Bill Pearcy and Scott Long came and bred Bill's Snoopy female to Prettyboy Poacher yesterday. Snoopy is a Nite Ch I know and maybe a Gr Nt already. Bill said she is a top shelf dog. Call Bill at 276-210-2312 for interest.

Old Post 03-19-2019 02:35 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Female Bred

My Brother Allen Moses bred a nice female to Prettyboy Poacher a few days ago. She is out of GrCh NtCh Willy(Gr Nt Rockytop Nitro X Moses' Rugged Ridge Quick Kate) and Pine Hills Tree Jammin Rory( Nt Ch Moses' Rugged Ridge Poacher X Moses' Rugged Ridge Lola). Our buddy Brent Howard has been hunting this female a lot. She is a fast track dog and a lockup treedog with a nice locate and very loud mouth. Call or text Allen at 423-507-3631 for interest in this cross.

Old Post 04-06-2019 01:23 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Female Bred

My brother Chad Moses bred the first female that has been bred to my GrNt Ch Shatley Lobo dog. Lobo is a 3 year old off Gr Nt Prettyboy Poacher and Nt Ch Moses' Rugged Ridge Abby. The female bred to him (Zero) is off Nt Ch Zbar and Gr NT Bayou Banana. Zero is a good looking yellow brindle and runs and trees good, very intelligent around the house. Lobo has a very good mouth, is a very cold nose dog that can trail bad tracks up a lot of dogs cant do much with and turns into a stayput treedog when he finds the right tree. He is just what I call a blue collar hard working dog that just gets the job done. He is most gentle, best natured dog you will hunt with. Always acted like an old dog from pup up. Lobo has won a lot in UKC and PKC and also treed 15 bear by himself when I let a buddy of mine take and hunt him in North Carolina when he was younger. Should be some good natural pups. Call Chad at 423-506-3232 for interest.

Last edited by KEVIN MOSES on 04-14-2019 at 01:46 PM

Old Post 04-14-2019 12:08 PM
Sspence8213
UKC Forum Member

Guys I don't know much about the dog other than what Kevin has told me and what I've read but I am buying 2 pups out of poacher so we will see. I alsohave to say if you want southern hospitality and good conversation you can't beat Kevin at all He's answered ever question I've had with class and respect and I look forward to meeting him and maybe getting to hunt with him

Old Post 04-20-2019 12:06 AM
Sspence8213 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sspence8213 Click here to Send Sspence8213 a Private Message Click Here to Email Sspence8213 Find more posts by Sspence8213 Add Sspence8213 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Shucks Deluxe

Dustin Davis won the Thursday night RQE Hunt at Plott Days with his Shucks Deluxe male dog with 500+ 0-, overall first place. Shucks is out of Prettyboy Poacher and Moses' Rugged Ridge Pearl. Prettyboy won the RQE in 2013 with 550+0-. Prettyboy produces good coondogs with good mouths and good nose. They win a few hunts sometimes too. We always just take the draw at big hunts, never guide, if we win we win if we loose we loose ha. Dustin is an honest handler and an honest guy that tells the truth about a dogs ability no matter what it is out of.

Old Post 05-16-2019 08:48 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Female bred

My brother Allen bred his Annie female to my gr nt lobo dog this week. Lobo is out of gr nt pretty boy/nt ch Moses rugged ridge Abby. Annie is off nt ch double00 buckshot/nt ch Harris redwood queen. These will be first cousin cross back on the cross that produced pretty boy. The queen dog is prettyboys full Littermate sister and could take a cast over and dominate it like pretty boy, with nose, track, tree power and accuracy. Pups will carry old poacher twice, Wesley goods Dixie dog twice and Allen's top producing jazz female 3 times. They could be dominate pups. Call or text Allen at 423-507-3631 to reserve a pup.

Old Post 06-15-2019 07:01 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Gr nt Moses pretty boy trump

My buddy Brent Howard finished trump to grand nite champion over the weekend as a 2 year old. Brent bought trump 2 months ago. He had 2 wins on him already. Brent hunted him in 8 casts and won 6 of them to finish him out. He had competition in every cast but 1. Brent is not a professional handler, just a hard working logger that coon hunts. Call Brent and ask him what he thinks about trump. His number is 423-435-5247.

Old Post 06-25-2019 01:27 AM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Lobo/Annie Pups

Posted 6/15/2019:Female bred
My brother Allen bred his Annie female to my gr nt lobo dog this week. Lobo is out of gr nt pretty boy/nt ch Moses rugged ridge Abby. Annie is off nt ch double00 buckshot/nt ch Harris redwood queen. These will be first cousin cross back on the cross that produced pretty boy. The queen dog is prettyboys full Littermate sister and could take a cast over and dominate it like pretty boy, with nose, track, tree power and accuracy. Pups will carry old poacher twice, Wesley goods Dixie dog twice and Allen's top producing jazz female 3 times. They could be dominate pups. Call or text Allen at 423-507-3631 to reserve a pup.

UPDATE***Annie had 10 healthy pups. Allen has 8 of these pups booked so far. Call or text Allen at 423-507-3631 for interest in this litter.***

Last edited by KEVIN MOSES on 08-24-2019 at 01:39 PM

Old Post 08-06-2019 06:01 PM
KEVIN MOSES
UKC Forum Member

Female bred

Shawn McClain bred gilstraps cricket to my gr nt ch lobo dog today. Cricket is a hard going female that can tree the cold tracks and have the coon. She is out of gr nt rocky top nitro and a female off Gr nt sudden impact. These should be strong hunters, strait and accurate with an outstanding cold nose. Shawn trained and titled gr nt rocky top nitro and gr nt rocky top Onyx whom he bought as pups from my brother. Call Shawn at 931-319-9931 for more info on this cross.

**all of my brother Allen Moses' pups out of lobo and his Annie female are sold**

Old Post 09-16-2019 04:24 AM