UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > WORLD HUNT Thursday Nite RESULTS
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
patches9452
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Hoosier Man1
Sorry about your bad experience.. thats what happens way to often in that type of hunting. One main reason I firmly believe they shouldn't have the finals anywhere near this kind of place. This is just my opinion. People have to much time and money invested to see this happen.
anywhere in louisana you can hunt an hour and a half call time out walk 500 yards and start back hunting you are in coon.... they may not be moving but they are there..... just cause you think its a bad place to hunt doesnt make it so.... i would rather hunt there than in the north... 50 miles from there we looked at 9 coon in 2 nights of the zones... i have hunted in indiana for 2 hours and never saw a coon before more than once.... all cast no matter where you hunt dont always do the best... jmo

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-21-2012 05:05 PM
patches9452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for patches9452 Click here to Send patches9452 a Private Message Click Here to Email patches9452 Find more posts by patches9452 Add patches9452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
The Brigmans
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Alan Anderson
Thin coons takes a special dog.No offense intended,but a big difference in 1100+ up north and 500+ down south.

You're exactly right.

Michael, Jan & William Brigman

"The color of the dog doesn't matter to us, we just like to hunt."

Old Post 09-21-2012 05:28 PM
The Brigmans is offline Click Here to See the Profile for The Brigmans Click here to Send The Brigmans a Private Message Click Here to Email The Brigmans Find more posts by The Brigmans Add The Brigmans to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sox12
UKC Forum Member

Shane did not sign the card

Last edited by sox12 on 09-21-2012 at 06:56 PM

Old Post 09-21-2012 05:28 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
A W ARNOLD
UKC Forum Member

im pullin for the under dog from ky go
stromy good luck jeff eddie and paul

Smokin Sassy
270-363-6940

Old Post 09-21-2012 06:46 PM
A W ARNOLD is offline Click Here to See the Profile for A W ARNOLD Click here to Send A W ARNOLD a Private Message Click Here to Email A W ARNOLD Find more posts by A W ARNOLD Add A W ARNOLD to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

they scores reflect the type hunting many of us encounter in the south. hard hunting and a dog has to go FIND a coon rather than having thick populations with coon sitting up. Hunted many years ago in Kentucky and thought i was in coon heaven. I was raised hunting in NC and when i came to Georgia 12 yrs ago the whole way i hunted changed.

Mossy Pond Modacious (MO)
Mossy Pond Amazing Gracie

Old Post 09-21-2012 06:57 PM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

Not many northern dogs made it through.

Old Post 09-21-2012 07:01 PM
amazingcursouth is offline Click Here to See the Profile for amazingcursouth Click here to Send amazingcursouth a Private Message Find more posts by amazingcursouth Add amazingcursouth to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Hoosier Man1
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by amazingcursouth
they scores reflect the type hunting many of us encounter in the south. hard hunting and a dog has to go FIND a coon rather than having thick populations with coon sitting up. Hunted many years ago in Kentucky and thought i was in coon heaven. I was raised hunting in NC and when i came to Georgia 12 yrs ago the whole way i hunted changed.

These dogs are bred to run and tree coon. I see no reason for anyone to brag about having to have a dog go 1000 to 1500 yards before it finds a coon and if it does may not even look when its treed.

Leave the finals where there are actual coon tracks that way the best dog has a chance to show off its skills. Winning on 1 coon which is what most casts did should not be acceptable. I am not taking anything away from the winners they clearly did all they could with what was there. Its obvious coon were few and far between to be treed.

Grand Nite Ch HOF PKC Silver Ch Heatseaker Unleash the Kraken(Grand at 15 months old) BBOA Overall 1st place X2, Tournament of Champions Finalist, National Bluetic Days overall winner, Autumn Oaks Grand 16x2 PKC SS Semi Finalist PKC State Hunt Final 4 UKC World Top 20
GRNT CH BLUES AMAZING GRACE
Trevor Hack
567-231-7413

Old Post 09-21-2012 07:07 PM
Hoosier Man1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Hoosier Man1 Click here to Send Hoosier Man1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hoosier Man1 Add Hoosier Man1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

some people don't live in the land of plenty. and if you ask me it says alot for a dog to actually have to go COON HUNTING. This is how many of us hunt night after night. 3 coon is awesome in a 2 hr hunt down here where im from. and if you can get a coon up qwick its even better. UKC keep moving it. This is a test if a hound has the hunt drive, tracking ability to make it happen.

Old Post 09-21-2012 07:11 PM
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

winter classic will not much different this year either. But heck at least its CLOSER.............RIGHT?

Old Post 09-21-2012 07:15 PM
lahunter
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by James B Grice
Cast 15 was ....UNBELIEVEABLE.....wE USED 1.30 AND AGrnt from Missouri tokk 425- within 300 yards from the truck another dog finally backed and got on the card and some trouble started,dogs never barked again,2 dogs were not heard from for the first 1.30.We called time out and guess where we hunted.....THE GUIDE WALKED US 500 YRD DEEPER IN THE SAME WOODS IN THE SAME WOODS AND TURNED US LOOSE,My B o dog finally made a cold tree as the hunt was ending.............WORSE GUIDE I HAVE EVER HAD.........Richard Lambert I put you on coons out of Darlington.........ASK CHRIS COX FROM S.C OR ZAPATTA FROM MICHIGAN ABOUT CAST 15........WE DROVE 1.5 HRS 90 MILES AN HOUR TO GET NOTHIN DONE.......cast 15 was dead when it left the club house....I FEEL LIKE I HAVE BEEN ROBBED

Do you know where you hunted at? Was it in Texas or La? I was wondering where they were gonna come up with 26 spots around here, most of the land is controlled by deer leases and this time of year they don't want dogs on them.

Old Post 09-21-2012 07:15 PM
lahunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for lahunter Click here to Send lahunter a Private Message Click Here to Email lahunter Find more posts by lahunter Add lahunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WVHillBilly
UKC Forum Member

Coon hunting is about tracking and treeing a coon! In mid west why would any need a dog, a pie pan to beat on and a good spot light to SHIN THEM!!!

GLAD TO SEE IT TAKE A COON DAWG TO WIN THIS YEAR!!!

A very Wise man told me a long time ago, YOU CANT DRY HOLE A COONDAWG!!!!!

Follow Hillbilly Kennels On Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/hillbillykennelsofwv?mibextid=ZbWKwL

OWNER OF NOW DECEASED
GRCH GRNITECH HILLBILLY MR. BO JANGLES
CH GRNITECH HILLBILLY OLE SOUTH CHECK MATE
HillBillyKennels Of WVa
Salem, WV
304-782-1551(Home)
304-629-7407(Cell)

Old Post 09-21-2012 07:19 PM
WVHillBilly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WVHillBilly Click here to Send WVHillBilly a Private Message Click Here to Email WVHillBilly Find more posts by WVHillBilly Add WVHillBilly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
CHRIS SUTTON
UKC Forum Member

I dont see what all the fuss every year is about?? Its a coon "hunting competition"! Not a coon treeing competition.....Just because the coons aren't so thick that it seems like the guides planted them up every other tree doesnt mean that the south is a bad place to have a WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP! Make them dogs do what they are bred to do....GO HUNT FOR A **** COON, instead of popping them up. If they cant get deep, alone, trail a tough coon, and tree a tough coon..... they ((DONT)) deserve to be considered a WORLD CHAMPION. Im guessing some dont like the fact that in the WORLD SERIES they dont just throw 70mph fast balls for the other team to tee off on and make it a home run derby instead of a hard fought WORLD SERIES??????? Not taking anything away from dogs that won it in thicker coons but come on folks.

Old Post 09-21-2012 07:20 PM
CHRIS SUTTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for CHRIS SUTTON Click here to Send CHRIS SUTTON a Private Message Find more posts by CHRIS SUTTON Add CHRIS SUTTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
down and out
Banned

Your right ,dogs are bred to run and tree coon. What most have forgotten though is that they have to go" hunting" first in order to run and tree those coon. Don't take much of a dog to run and tree coon when they can hit a track within 100 yards majority of the time. And I'm from the north. The "hunt" in most bloodlines are lacking .

Old Post 09-21-2012 07:34 PM
down and out is offline Click Here to See the Profile for down and out Click here to Send down and out a Private Message Find more posts by down and out Add down and out to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
down and out
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by WVHillBilly
Coon hunting is about tracking and treeing a coon! In mid west why would any need a dog, a pie pan to beat on and a good spot light to SHIN THEM!!!

GLAD TO SEE IT TAKE A COON DAWG TO WIN THIS YEAR!!!

A very Wise man told me a long time ago, YOU CANT DRY HOLE A COONDAWG!!!!!

Amen brother!

Old Post 09-21-2012 07:36 PM
down and out is offline Click Here to See the Profile for down and out Click here to Send down and out a Private Message Find more posts by down and out Add down and out to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
selina1
UKC Forum Member

Anyone know why Rock Bottom Sweat-It was scratched in cast #18 Thursday ???
Didnt expect that after such a great showing at Zone 7

Last edited by selina1 on 09-21-2012 at 08:18 PM

Old Post 09-21-2012 08:15 PM
selina1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for selina1 Click here to Send selina1 a Private Message Click Here to Email selina1 Find more posts by selina1 Add selina1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
amazingcursouth
UKC Forum Member

off game.

Old Post 09-21-2012 08:39 PM
sox12
UKC Forum Member

No off game

Old Post 09-21-2012 11:48 PM
sox12 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sox12 Click here to Send sox12 a Private Message Click Here to Email sox12 Find more posts by sox12 Add sox12 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
WATUSI
UKC Forum Member

Down South

I remeber not so many years ago we carried a good dog up to AO and learned to win up north you needed a feeder bucket dog?? Well it looks as if some folks are figuring out to come south you need something other than a feeder bucket dog. Good luck to the final 4 I hope the best dog wins.

Danny
Doug
Tommy

Old Post 09-22-2012 05:02 PM
WATUSI is offline Click Here to See the Profile for WATUSI Click here to Send WATUSI a Private Message Find more posts by WATUSI Add WATUSI to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
truly
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by James B Grice
I talked with the member of cast 23,The blue dog backed on the right trees,The best dog from Ga. was beat by a me tooer from Minn.I sure have not seen any dog power...Alot of in/out around your feet ,backing whatever barks.

quote:
Originally posted by Dan Dogs
the best dog from Ga. i thought clean was in that cast. how many coon did this cast score on for a me tooer to score 450+
For the record, Clean had one very legit circle [could see the hole], one plus, and one obvious slick. Old Blue [a walker, don't get confused] covered the GA dog on one of his plus, was with Clean on another plus, they were super deep and had been working together on that track for a bit, Clean was clearly called first. In the meantime the GA dog made her second circle of the night. At the end of the first drop Blue had 275, Clean had 225 and the GA dog had 150. 20 minutes left to go. Final drop Clean had first and first, Blue struck 3rd and GA dog struck 2nd. Blue was treed shortly after Clean and GA dog after that. The dogs were split by 20 yards. Clean was empty, BLue was plus and the GA dog that backed him was plus also.
GOing into the final drop, though Brad had the lead he really wanted to tree one more. He did not want to advance without a FIRST tree. He got just what he wanted. If Blue was such a me tooer he would have been at that slick tree. Blue will take them as they come. Back if necessary, slide over if necessary.
Final score 450 on Blue, 300 on the GA dog, 0 on Clean and another dog withdrew.
If you think getting one first tree plus and two first tree circles and backing another plus makes her the best dog maybe you don't understand the UKC scoring system. Based on his record Mr Clean is clearly the best dog in the cast, but on this particular night, in this particular cast OLD BLUE was the best. Period.
Congrats to Brad.

ps- to Charlie, other MN dogs have gone this far. Tucker placed 19th, and Brad Beckmans Blue dog made it higher than that. Also Jim Gibson's Cliff dog [just over the border into Iowa] was handled by me to 20th place.

Old Post 09-22-2012 07:13 PM
truly is offline Click Here to See the Profile for truly Click here to Send truly a Private Message Find more posts by truly Add truly to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coondog charlie
UKC Forum Member

Truly; thanks for the update. Minnesota coonhunters should be proud of these guys as they made a very good showing. Thanks; Charlie Radtke

Old Post 09-23-2012 02:35 AM
coondog charlie is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coondog charlie Click here to Send coondog charlie a Private Message Find more posts by coondog charlie Add coondog charlie to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
paul ebarb
UKC Forum Member

sweat-it

quote:
Originally posted by selina1
Anyone know why Rock Bottom Sweat-It was scratched in cast #18 Thursday ???
Didnt expect that after such a great showing at Zone 7

I was in cast with sweat-it he was not scratched nor was my dog,he did have minus points.Ranger and Mojo had circle points,we made five trees some split just could not get coons to look and what might have been coon was not good enough.

Old Post 09-24-2012 01:57 AM
paul ebarb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for paul ebarb Click here to Send paul ebarb a Private Message Click Here to Email paul ebarb Find more posts by paul ebarb Add paul ebarb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
selina1
UKC Forum Member

Re: sweat-it

quote:
Originally posted by paul ebarb
I was in cast with sweat-it he was not scratched nor was my dog,he did have minus points.Ranger and Mojo had circle points,we made five trees some split just could not get coons to look and what might have been coon was not good enough.

Taken from UKC Results on the home page :

Dogs Name Breed Sex Owner & Owner 2 City State Score

7 18 GR NITE CH GR CH’PR’ Wwsome Mosquito Crk. Lick RED F Jack Bingham & Logan Shahan Montour Iowa 75-
12 18 GR NITE CH ‘PR’ Rock Bottom Sweat It TW M Curt Ahring Monroe Missouri Scratched
76 18 Ch GR NITE CH ‘PR’ Tree Talking Mojo TW M Donald Wise Greenville Mississippi 0
91 18 NITE CH ‘PR’ Ebarb's Stylish Ranger TW M Paul Ebarb Magnolia Arkansas 0

Old Post 09-24-2012 02:21 AM
selina1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for selina1 Click here to Send selina1 a Private Message Click Here to Email selina1 Find more posts by selina1 Add selina1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote