UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Wondering about River bend dogs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

Wondering about River bend dogs

Anyone have heavy I mean heavy bred river bend dogs?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-14-2020 01:59 AM
Jessica knight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jessica knight Click here to Send Jessica knight a Private Message Click Here to Email Jessica knight Find more posts by Jessica knight Add Jessica knight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Here is a link to a facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top...d%20dogs

Interesting line of hounds. Have some experience with the original line of hounds. Also have some experience with some of the better ones from what I cal todays line of hounds. When I say todays line of hounds. Mr Spencer who started all of this many years ago bred River Bend June II to Stylish Harry. That produced River Bend Thunder. Thunder was then bred to Mikes Coon Crazy Kitty. So in my opinion that somewhat took the line away from the original hounds that I knew from the 90's and Mr. Spencer was building back then. But it was his line of hounds and he is allowed to breed to anything and call them River Bend. I hunted back then with a couple direct sons from flag. Several top hounds at stud today out of River Bend Lonesome II that was a Son off River Bend Thunder. I have one that is 9 years off of Lonesome II that is a very different but very nice hound. In 50 plus years I have always just focused on getting a nice hound and not into the breeding side of things. I guess I just don't value other peoples opinions on hounds. Some will fall in love with a sorry hound and say it is the best they every had. Some will neglect a good young prospect and never give it a chance and tag that line of dogs as junk. I never wanted to expose a young dog I bred to either side of that coin. I couldn't be more happy with what my dog and what he accomplished. He is a grand nite and has 3 gen grand nite pedigree. More importantly to me a few years ago before health issues on my part. I won about 8 grand with him in PKC hunts. I put him with a young inexperience handler that is a great guy and we went to town and won our fair share. He will probably go down as one regret in my hunting life. Due by pulling back from completion due to health. He will probably not make Gold Champion which requires $10,000 to be won in PKC. He has over that in PKC and CHKC together but not PKC alone. Very driven hound. Almost looks obsessed at times to find and tree a coon. I bred him once to a Drop Dead Fred female and there were a few nice pups in the litter. Had him accidentally breed a deer dog once at a friends house and people with those pups have good opinions on them. But like I said. The only opinion on dogs I own is mine and I don't cut them any slack. Go the the River Bend link I sent you and you will see several good hounds. Several are half brothers to mine. Mine is just a dog pen hound that will tree me a coon.

Old Post 10-14-2020 01:17 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Flag over Yadkin River and Yadkin River over Flag daughters always seemed to nick and produce exceptionally nice dogs.

Old Post 10-14-2020 01:52 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Yadkinriver dogs are in the background of a lot of lines. Maybe like the RiverBend dogs. They are the foundation but because of outcrossing they don't get the credit they deserve. None the less the foundation blood is there. Knew a man very well in NC named Buck Monroe. He would send a friend of mine down here young dogs to start. I seen a lot of Yadkin River and River Bend pups start. They would then go on to other parts of the country and many would become top hounds.

Old Post 10-14-2020 02:18 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey

Interesting line of hounds. Have some experience with the original line of hounds. Also have some experience with some of the better ones from what I cal todays line of hounds. When I say todays line of hounds. Mr Spencer who started all of this many years ago bred River Bend June II to Stylish Harry. That produced River Bend Thunder. Thunder was then bred to Mikes Coon Crazy Kitty. So in my opinion that somewhat took the line away from the original hounds that I knew from the 90's and Mr. Spencer was building back then. But it was his line of hounds and he is allowed to breed to anything and call them River Bend. I hunted back then with a couple direct sons from flag. Several top hounds at stud today out of River Bend Lonesome II that was a Son off River Bend Thunder. I have one that is 9 years off of Lonesome II that is a very different but very nice hound. In 50 plus years I have always just focused on getting a nice hound and not into the breeding side of things. I guess I just don't value other peoples opinions on hounds. Some will fall in love with a sorry hound and say it is the best they every had. Some will neglect a good young prospect and never give it a chance and tag that line of dogs as junk. I never wanted to expose a young dog I bred to either side of that coin. I couldn't be more happy with what my dog and what he accomplished. He is a grand nite and has 3 gen grand nite pedigree. More importantly to me a few years ago before health issues on my part. I won about 8 grand with him in PKC hunts. I put him with a young inexperience handler that is a great guy and we went to town and won our fair share. He will probably go down as one regret in my hunting life. Due by pulling back from completion due to health. He will probably not make Gold Champion which requires $10,000 to be won in PKC. He has over that in PKC and CHKC together but not PKC alone. Very driven hound. Almost looks obsessed at times to find and tree a coon. I bred him once to a Drop Dead Fred female and there were a few nice pups in the litter. Had him accidentally breed a deer dog once at a friends house and people with those pups have good opinions on them. But like I said. The only opinion on dogs I own is mine and I don't cut them any slack. Go the the River Bend link I sent you and you will see several good hounds. Several are half brothers to mine. Mine is just a dog pen hound that will tree me a coon.

For some reason it will not let me open the link.

Old Post 10-14-2020 02:34 PM
Jessica knight is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jessica knight Click here to Send Jessica knight a Private Message Click Here to Email Jessica knight Find more posts by Jessica knight Add Jessica knight to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

quote:

Never mind I am on that page the reason I came here is because of that page I am not too familiar with the clover bred dogs but I have looked at some of the pups on there and can’t seem to find any pups that have River bend up close in there which is what I am personally looking for we have plenty of house’s bred dogs and finely River bred dogs but the one we are missing is a River bend dog .

Old Post 10-14-2020 02:40 PM
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Flag over Yadkin River and Yadkin River over Flag daughters always seemed to nick and produce exceptionally nice dogs.

Also not really familiar with the yadkin River dogs but I have seen a few but never seen the papers behind the dog but I would love more information on the yadkin River dogs because if I can’t find a heavily bred River bend dog I am thinking the yadkin River dog will go good with what’s in my kennels but again I am still pretty new to all this and just getting in to all the blood lines and all of that.

Old Post 10-14-2020 02:44 PM
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

What part of the country do you hunt in. I have always felt that has a lot to do with what line of dogs would work better for a person. What lines do you have now.

Old Post 10-14-2020 03:02 PM
Jessica knight
UKC Forum Member

quote:
What part of the country do you hunt in. I have always felt that has a lot to do with what line of dogs would work better for a person. What lines do you have now.

I live in Virginia. What about you I have a few but I have a finely river dog , I have a house lippers male and a lipper female and we have a trackman male and a slow talking speed female if you happen to have Facebook we have a Facebook page it’s seven mile kennels.

Old Post 10-14-2020 06:48 PM