UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Frog Creek Whitey
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
DanielCoon
New UKC Forum Member

Frog Creek Whitey

The last known person I heard that owned him was Jerry Frazier down in Georgia and that was in the early 2000s. Does anyone know how to get a hold of him? or know if someone else bought him?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-25-2020 01:06 PM
DanielCoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DanielCoon Click here to Send DanielCoon a Private Message Find more posts by DanielCoon Add DanielCoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DanielCoon
New UKC Forum Member

Since I haven't got much response, If you've ever hunted with whitey, do you have any stories on him?

Old Post 08-28-2020 01:14 PM
DanielCoon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DanielCoon Click here to Send DanielCoon a Private Message Find more posts by DanielCoon Add DanielCoon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

As far as I know, Jerry owned him when he died. I tried to get the dog up here and try to get him back to producing pups when he was old. Did not work out. No semen stored on him that I know of.

The majority of Bluetickers, especially the ones today, would not own Whitey. He went too far, too fast, and did not cold trail around. That little dog had enough hunt for 4 dogs. I was offered the opportunity to keep him and hunt him once and turned it down. I was afraid I would get him smashed on the road. I loved everything about him. If he was alive today, I would breed a female to him ASAP. He had something most don't....get your head up and go tree a coon RIGHT NOW. Don't boodle around for two hours on a track that ends up on a den. I would buy one just like him today if I knew where he was and could get him bought!

Old Post 08-28-2020 02:21 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DanielCoon
New UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by hat creek mac
As far as I know, Jerry owned him when he died. I tried to get the dog up here and try to get him back to producing pups when he was old. Did not work out. No semen stored on him that I know of.

The majority of Bluetickers, especially the ones today, would not own Whitey. He went too far, too fast, and did not cold trail around. That little dog had enough hunt for 4 dogs. I was offered the opportunity to keep him and hunt him once and turned it down. I was afraid I would get him smashed on the road. I loved everything about him. If he was alive today, I would breed a female to him ASAP. He had something most don't....get your head up and go tree a coon RIGHT NOW. Don't boodle around for two hours on a track that ends up on a den. I would buy one just like him today if I knew where he was and could get him bought!

Do you know what the closest up anyone has to him is?

Old Post 08-28-2020 03:55 PM
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

not sure on that

Big Country goes back to the Whitey X Little Bit cross

Old Post 08-28-2020 08:15 PM
hat creek mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hat creek mac Click here to Send hat creek mac a Private Message Click Here to Email hat creek mac Find more posts by hat creek mac Add hat creek mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAVE H
UKC Forum Member

I remember seeing some ads on the dog, but don't recall any info on him or his offspring.
Just wondering how he reproduced, did he throw his hunting style and what he threw in his pups?
Always knowing where traits come from in a pedigree that you haven't hunted .
Thanks

BLUE GHOST HAUNTED SKY

Old Post 08-29-2020 12:12 AM
DAVE H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAVE H Click here to Send DAVE H a Private Message Click Here to Email DAVE H Find more posts by DAVE H Add DAVE H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

I guided and judged him in a Pro hunt one night he looked good that night stayed treed with coon after looking like he had been cut with a switchblade covered with blood.He had a well known mean dog in cast that was a state champion and two others that was in the cast both had been in the final 4 of that years world championship.He won the cast and won second overall in hunt.

Old Post 08-29-2020 03:55 AM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mike

Must of been a decent dog, I hate a mean dog, but it sounds like bulldog met his match or one that he could not run off. Lol. Dave

Old Post 08-29-2020 04:00 AM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pinehillkennels
UKC Forum Member

He was just as Ritchie described ! I hunted with him quite a few times , 3 things about him 1) he was going hunting 2) didn’t matter where 3) had a Coon when he parked!

Old Post 08-29-2020 02:05 PM
pinehillkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pinehillkennels Click here to Send pinehillkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email pinehillkennels Find more posts by pinehillkennels Add pinehillkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

I’m not saying he was mean I didn’t see anything in him to say he was mean I think he was treed and got ambushed

Old Post 08-29-2020 08:23 PM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

I’m not saying he was mean I didn’t see anything in him to say he was mean I think he was treed and got ambushed

Old Post 08-29-2020 08:23 PM
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by pinehillkennels
He was just as Ritchie described ! I hunted with him quite a few times , 3 things about him 1) he was going hunting 2) didn’t matter where 3) had a Coon when he parked!

Exactly right and covered ground in a HURRY

Old Post 08-29-2020 08:25 PM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Mike Fleming

I did not mean that he was mean, I just was impressed that he was not leaving his tree regardless , even though he was ambushed. It takes a solid tree dog to stand that kind of pressure. Dave

Old Post 08-29-2020 08:43 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DAVE H
UKC Forum Member

Would anyone have a picture of Whitey they could post?

BLUE GHOST HAUNTED SKY

Old Post 08-31-2020 08:38 PM
DAVE H is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DAVE H Click here to Send DAVE H a Private Message Click Here to Email DAVE H Find more posts by DAVE H Add DAVE H to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hat creek mac
UKC Forum Member

There was a picture of him floating around on here somewhere. It was where he won at the American Heritage hunt I believe.

I'm guessing a 55 pound dog put together as good as any hound ever born. A fair amount of black on him, but where he was blue, he was very light blue. White with black ticks in those places. Some might not have liked his color. I thought he was a super nice looking dog. Built like a Quarter horse with cat feet and a good square head.

Yes I sure did like him LOL

Old Post 09-01-2020 12:17 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Whitey

I would like to own one like him, no better or no worse, would make me happy. Dave

Old Post 09-01-2020 12:25 AM
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Hat creek mac

Your description of Whitely describes exactly what I want in a coon dog, man I would like to find one exactly like him for sale. Dave

Old Post 09-01-2020 01:02 AM
pinehillkennels
UKC Forum Member

That dude had a set of wheels on him ! He was built like a male dog should look, straight up athlete ! That hound has stuck in my head since the 90’s!

Old Post 09-01-2020 03:23 AM
pinehillkennels is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pinehillkennels Click here to Send pinehillkennels a Private Message Click Here to Email pinehillkennels Find more posts by pinehillkennels Add pinehillkennels to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
V. Cannon
UKC Forum Member

I tried to buy Whitey but at that time it didn’t seem that money could buy the dog.
Whitey was the real deal and from what I saw he was a coon treeing machine.

Old Post 09-01-2020 03:36 AM
V. Cannon is offline Click Here to See the Profile for V. Cannon Click here to Send V. Cannon a Private Message Find more posts by V. Cannon Add V. Cannon to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Whitey/ Mr. Cannon

Yes, dogs like Whitey are rarely sold, I know if I had one like him that money could not buy him. I enjoy hunting the good ones way too much to ever sell one. Dave

Old Post 09-01-2020 03:49 AM
frogcreekkennel
UKC Forum Member

I wish a many of time we had never sold him he was a COONDOG from his 3rd nite in woods but I couldn't hunt him now day. I would love to hunt him just one more time

Old Post 09-09-2020 11:08 PM
frogcreekkennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for frogcreekkennel Click here to Send frogcreekkennel a Private Message Find more posts by frogcreekkennel Add frogcreekkennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Whitey

quote:
Originally posted by frogcreekkennel
I wish a many of time we had never sold him he was a COONDOG from his 3rd nite in woods but I couldn't hunt him now day. I would love to hunt him just one more time

You still have the memories, I would like to hunt him, but age and health would prevent me from keeping up with him, especially in these mountains. Dave

Old Post 09-09-2020 11:15 PM