UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > garmin instinct
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ma taylor
UKC Forum Member

garmin instinct

i know im techonology challenged but getting this thing set up even has the wife cunfused cant get it pick up collars

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-30-2020 03:48 AM
ma taylor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ma taylor Click here to Send ma taylor a Private Message Click Here to Email ma taylor Find more posts by ma taylor Add ma taylor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Huntnharris
UKC Forum Member

Make sure your handheld is set to broadcast in the dog settings

www.harrishoundsupply.net

Old Post 08-30-2020 03:53 AM
Huntnharris is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Huntnharris Click here to Send Huntnharris a Private Message Click Here to Email Huntnharris Visit Huntnharris's homepage! Find more posts by Huntnharris Add Huntnharris to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ma taylor
UKC Forum Member

got that done it says searching but that is all it will do

Old Post 08-30-2020 03:57 AM
ma taylor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ma taylor Click here to Send ma taylor a Private Message Click Here to Email ma taylor Find more posts by ma taylor Add ma taylor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Andy212
UKC Forum Member

Had the same problem when I called about it I was told to let the collar run dead and charge it full then try. It actually worked for me hope this helps.

Old Post 08-30-2020 07:33 AM
Andy212 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Andy212 Click here to Send Andy212 a Private Message Click Here to Email Andy212 Find more posts by Andy212 Add Andy212 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
randywoodard2
UKC Forum Member

waste of money

I bought my girlfriend one, Biggest waste of 300 bucks I've ever wasted! I hate it. Not user friendly at all

Pr.Woodards Late Night Trix

Old Post 08-30-2020 04:08 PM
randywoodard2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for randywoodard2 Click here to Send randywoodard2 a Private Message Click Here to Email randywoodard2 Find more posts by randywoodard2 Add randywoodard2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Re: garmin instinct

quote:
Originally posted by ma taylor
i know im techonology challenged but getting this thing set up even has the wife cunfused cant get it pick up collars
Are you outside?

Old Post 08-30-2020 09:25 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

I'm techno challenged and I love mine. Set up easy and works perfect as far as the gps collar is concerned. Now this watch will do hundreds of functions and those are a challenge for me. I just figured out how to calculate the speed of my jon boat to troll for bluegills. lol But as far as the dog gps function goes, mine was painless. I love this watch!!! Charge lasts 1 week plus.

I will say, I am using mine to run bird dogs. I only need to know what direction they are and how far. Always less than 200 yards. I realize as a houndsman you need to know and see more. I get that. I love mine.

Old Post 09-01-2020 03:38 AM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Taylor. I don't have an instinct but I have the Fenix. I think the first thing with these watches and most of the electronic equipment today is. We have to change our mindset about using it. I know several that have the instinct and they seem to enjoy them.

In the old days when you purchased a watch or something electronic you then had to figure out what it could do. TODAY it is different. These products can do a bunch of stuff and you have to figure out what YOU want it to do for you. My fenix watch has so many options that I couldn't them all in a week. Push the face of the watch only has so much room for you to set up what you want it to do. Plus something as simple as just what time it is can be shown to you in many different ways.

The only thing I find discouraging is at my age my memory is not what it use to be. I can set down and figure out how to set one up and get everything just right. But in a month if I want to change something. I can't remember just how to do that. So it has to be a project of learning everything over again.

I almost hate to try and answer these questions on a message board anymore because there is such a range in knowledge on the product and I don't know the persons knowledge that I am talking to. Have to start with the most basic questions and most people think you're talking down to them. When the issue is really something simple they missed.

The watch is blue toothed to your handheld. I first have to ask what handheld and has it been updated lately. An old handheld that came out before the watch might not have the capability to communicate with your watch until you update it. If they are compatible then I have to ask about the distance between your watch and handheld. When your using the product the handheld is generally with your and the watch is on your are. Sometime when setting up the product people seem to forget then need to be together fairly close and the watch is here and the handheld over there or in another room. I would start with everything together. Handheld and collars turned on and having gps signal. Then the searching watch should find the handheld. I would investigate your handheld and see what Model it is and has it been updated.

Old Post 09-01-2020 11:38 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote