UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Dogtra vs. Garmin
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Cbrown1080
New UKC Forum Member

Dogtra vs. Garmin

Anybody have experience with both of theses? Looking for Pros and cons and what the actual range is on both.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-05-2020 04:17 PM
Cbrown1080 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cbrown1080 Click here to Send Cbrown1080 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cbrown1080 Find more posts by Cbrown1080 Add Cbrown1080 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

GPS Trackers.....

Not much difference in Range between the 2 Systems. Sometimes one will Track a little better & other times the other one is better....LOL.
Maps are way better on Pathfinder & I think its a little more user friendly. I have both a Pathfinder & a Garmin 320. I use both and really dont prefer one over the other.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 10-05-2020 06:15 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blacklabel
UKC Forum Member

I prefer pathfinder maps. And it's easy to use

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win." - Bobby Knight

Old Post 10-05-2020 07:37 PM
Blacklabel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blacklabel Click here to Send Blacklabel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blacklabel Find more posts by Blacklabel Add Blacklabel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I've only seen one Pathfinder and it was used with the largest phone I ever saw. Made it look a lot better than the small screen on my Alpha.

Old Post 10-05-2020 08:47 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cbrown1080
New UKC Forum Member

Re: GPS Trackers.....

quote:
Originally posted by Triple K Kennel
Not much difference in Range between the 2 Systems. Sometimes one will Track a little better & other times the other one is better....LOL.
Maps are way better on Pathfinder & I think its a little more user friendly. I have both a Pathfinder & a Garmin 320. I use both and really dont prefer one over the other.
Tim

thanks! What kind of range do you average with them?

Old Post 10-05-2020 10:25 PM
Cbrown1080 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cbrown1080 Click here to Send Cbrown1080 a Private Message Click Here to Email Cbrown1080 Find more posts by Cbrown1080 Add Cbrown1080 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: GPS Trackers.....

quote:
Originally posted by Cbrown1080
thanks! What kind of range do you average with them?

They advertise them at I think 9 Miles.......No way will you get even close to that....with either System.
I average 1 to 1.5 Miles and and a couple times 2 Miles if Conditions are near Perfect.
Tim

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 10-05-2020 10:37 PM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
houndsound
UKC Forum Member

I've found there are just too many variables to know what an average is on either of them. I'd guess in general you can about always reach out to them at a mile... past that it can be hit and miss depending on terrain.

Old Post 10-05-2020 10:38 PM
houndsound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for houndsound Click here to Send houndsound a Private Message Click Here to Email houndsound Find more posts by houndsound Add houndsound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Range

quote:
Originally posted by houndsound
I've found there are just too many variables to know what an average is on either of them. I'd guess in general you can about always reach out to them at a mile... past that it can be hit and miss depending on terrain.

I Agree 100% with this Statement....!!

** Superior Lights

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

Old Post 10-05-2020 10:45 PM
kybufford
UKC Forum Member

Just bought Pathfinder. I've always had Garmin, If price wasn't a factor I would of bought a Garmin just because that's what I've always used. But you can get a track train for 2 dogs for $605.00, cant beat that.

No issues with mine at all, i like it just as well as my Garmin.

God only knows who we'd be without soldiers and Jesus.

Rack'em Up Willy pup
--County Line's Rammy(Rambo)

Black and Tans
TREE BANGIN White Boy
*UKC win Friday night Red Bone days 2021
BnT TREE BANGIN BUFFORD the start of it all

Old Post 10-05-2020 10:56 PM
kybufford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kybufford Click here to Send kybufford a Private Message Click Here to Email kybufford Find more posts by kybufford Add kybufford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wayne arrington
UKC Forum Member

one is just as good as the other, i have a garmin 320 garmin alpha and the dogtra pathfinder. range is the same, pathfinder maps are way better

Old Post 10-06-2020 12:18 AM
wayne arrington is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wayne arrington Click here to Send wayne arrington a Private Message Click Here to Email wayne arrington Find more posts by wayne arrington Add wayne arrington to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cbrown1080
New UKC Forum Member

Thanks guys. I'll probably pick up a Pathfinder since there doesn't seem to be an advantage to a garmin and its half the price

Old Post 10-06-2020 01:08 AM