UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Bogue Chitto Blues
Pages (87): « First ... « 76 77 [78] 79 80 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Congrats

Hooray for Mason and his team!!! Love it watching these Grand Kids succeed is a blast.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 07-10-2018 04:03 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Blues and Baseball

Thanks Mr. Ed. Mason is proud of himself and his team and I'm hoping next weekend they Win it All. He was over yesterday and we had a good day on the River and Swimming the Hounds. Not hunting much at all. Looking at all my Records, July is the sorriest month of the year for me to get a hound on a decent track. Unless you have Sweet Corn Patches its hard to get a young dog on consistent good tracks this time of year. Muscadines will be ripe soon and that's when I like to start getting back at it steady. The young Coon down here will be out moving around by then and these Layup Dogs can get under a few. I see yaw cooling off a little next week. Hope you and Mrs. Mary are doing great and we will be seeing yaw Soon.

Old Post 07-14-2018 11:27 PM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Bo and Rose

Cayden is back on the River with us for a couple weeks and we went hunting last night in Black Branch Swamp. Bo and Rose got one Running and got him treed where we could find him. Up a Big Oak that we could actually shine a light up. I shot him down to them because it’s been a while since they had some Fur in their mouth. We swimming them Everyday and if by 5 I haven’t came and got Bo for the swim he starts fussing just to remind me in case I forgot. Sometimes he’s To Smart for his on good! Mason and Team, Pike County, finishes 5th over in Texas at the World Series for 7U Dixie Youth Baseball. Very Proud of him. We headed to Kentucky with him and Cayden next week. Taking them to Mammoth Cave and the Ark. Everyone should put it at the Top of their list to see the Ark at least once. It’s an Amazing Creation even by today’s standards with today’s tools and equipment. Will Open Your Eyes to what one can accomplish with Gods Help as Noah did with the Limited Help and Tools they had during His Time building the Ark for all those years.

Last edited by steve bankston on 07-25-2018 at 03:46 AM

Old Post 07-25-2018 03:44 AM
steve bankston is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steve bankston Click here to Send steve bankston a Private Message Click Here to Email steve bankston Find more posts by steve bankston Add steve bankston to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

Fun

Steve glad you are able to hit the woods some and enjoy those grandkids. I’ve slowed down hunting a little. Been trying to go 2 or 3 nights a week but it sure is miserably hot. Hope all is well my friend.

HOME OF:
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue S&H’s Goose (Sparks&Hollis)
GrChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Cotton
GrNtCh PR Mose's Pink Floyd ( Co-Owned with Scott V)
Ch GrNtCh PR Frost Hollow Strap
ChNtCh PR Southern Blue Hardwood Dolly
ChGrNtCh PR Southern Blue Spanky ( Hollis & Hollis)
PR Southern Blue Cobb (NtChCh Uchtmans Andy x Ratliffs Blue Tell)
PR Southern Blue Betsy (Goose x Dual Grand Cotton)
(REST IN PEACE)
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Moonshine
GrNtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Frostbite
NtChGrCh PR Southern Blue Queen
NtChGrCh PR Blue Eyes Blue Jessie
NtCh PR Southern Frost Hollow Blue Bell(BB)
NtCh PR Southern Blue Hammer
NtCh PR Hollis' Southern Blue Maggie
NtCh PR Hollis' Bull Mtn. Pearl
GrCh PR Southern Blue Jet
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler
GrChGrNtCh PR Lovell’s Smokey River Blue Ann

Old Post 07-25-2018 04:47 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Steve

Good job on your first write-up in Coonhound Bloodlines for BBCHA. I know it takes a lot of work, Phone time and Computer time to put these articles togeather. I know you will do a good job. Will be looking forward to reading them each month. Take care.

Old Post 07-30-2018 06:48 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

BBCHA News

Thanks Mr. Jack. I like to write and I’m enjoying doing it. I will do the best I can and hope everyone understands that if I miss putting in some news or Hunt results that it isn’t intentional. Need people to feed me news and pictures that I can’t otherwise find on our website or the forum. Had some calls yesterday and text from people wanting to become members or renew. I think the magazine still teaches a Lot of people that don’t do the internet or don’t have signal enough to get it.
Darren it had really been Hot here to but Cooler weather isn’t far off, hang in there.

Old Post 07-31-2018 03:55 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

RAIN

Been doing some hunting a few nights a week and Rose is making good progress. She treed one alone in Black Branch Swamp the other night and looked good doing it. I put it down to her now that training season is open. Past few nights Rain has moved back in every evening and kept us out of the woods. Sitting here tonight live streaming the Nascar Race on the I Pad. Jimmie is in 4th. Had a new pup delived the other day from Dave McGinnis in New York off his Jet dog and Missy which is off Shadow and Hammerhead. Really liked the way it looked on paper and Love the new pup. Thanks a Ton for her Dave. Her name is Bogue Chitto Blue Gypsy.

Old Post 08-19-2018 02:08 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

ROSE

Been hunting Rose some by herself and with BO. She is coming around nicely and getting the job done. Very Accurate so far and TRASH FREE so far. Hasn't opened her mouth on anything that wasn't a Coon and if she trees, I find it. Last night she ran a hot track just over 100-yds and treed hard. Took a few minutes but I found him and first shot brought him down to her. Storm building down in the Bahamas and looks like we the Bulls Eye. Supposed to hit Wednesday with 60 MPH Winds and lots of Rain. I've got my Bush Hogging and Disking done for all my Food Plots so let her rain. Not quite Planting time yet but this rain will get into the ground and break the clods up so when I disc one more time ahead of planting it will be perfect. Hoping the Storm continues to move fast and gets on out of here. Looks like a Big Acorn Crop this year on All the Oaks. White Oak Water Oak and Red Oaks are Loaded around here. Good Hunting!

Old Post 09-03-2018 02:23 AM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

FALL

The Heat has been holding on tight here the past couple weeks. Mid 90's every day and hot and humid at night. Went last night and Bo made a Big Round through the Swamp and didn't get a bark. Rain moving in and cooler air later this next week so Coon Hunting should improve. Got my Food Plots planted over the past few days so I'm ready for Fall to get here. Leaving out for Illinois Soon and looking forward to lots cooler weather, treeing a Bunch of Coon and visiting with great friends. Looking forward to it.

Old Post 09-23-2018 04:28 AM
gcblues
UKC Forum Member

Hey Steve

Maybe you could write about your kennels and why they’re built like they are lol. After last years storm came across Florida and my kennels were flooded out and electrical got ruined I remembered how I looked at yours and thought what in the world ? Now I know. I raised all my junction boxes and receptacles above flood water level this time . I still have to move dogs cause kennels aren’t elevated high enough but shouldn’t have to retire again . Take care .Wayne

Old Post 09-25-2018 01:48 AM
gcblues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for gcblues Click here to Send gcblues a Private Message Find more posts by gcblues Add gcblues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Illinois Road Trip

Wayne, I learned my lesson like you, the Hard Way. Got tired of flooded kennel and muddy silt in the houses every time the river flooded. I still take my hounds with me if I leave and the river is coming out of the banks just to be safe. Also having the lower deck and then the upper deck where the houses are, it teaches them quick to jump after their 6 months old and keeps the more in shape having to jump up and down to get to there water or clean out. Faces South so in the winter time they really like laying out on the lower deck to soak in the sun.

Just got back home yesterday morning from a road trip to Mr. Ed's in Illinois. Great Time. It was Hot Wednesday and Dry. At midnight it was still 80 degrees but cooled off Thursday only to warm right back up Friday and Saturday. Lot of great memories were made with BO and Bobbie, Mr Ed and Caleb and of course Beverly and Mrs. Mary and her great cooking. Caleb kept written records of our hunts but I just go from my memory and from what I can recall we saw 17 Coons Treed, 5 Circle Trees and one Slick. They still have all their leaves on up there. I believe our Oaks here have dropped more leaves than there's. Bobbie and Bo looked sharp. I forgot how many times Bobbie treed singles and a double and BO give it right back to her treeing split or sliding under coons and having them. Watching the Garmin he would all of a sudden turn 90 degrees into the wind, go 100 to 150 Yards and slam a tree and have the Coon. I've never seen him wind one from that far and go straight as an arrow to it but he did it twice Thursday night. They both shut each other out a couple times, Split treed several times and Both had Coons, once within 50 yards of each other. And they treed together several times. Ran a Coon across an Old, Private Cemetery in a Pouring Rain and treed on the first tree at the edge. 25 Feet from Tombstones. Had the Coon. A Big One. 3 nights of Hunting. It would take me Two Weeks or More to have Stats like that down here in the thick River Bottom Swamps. I didn't count Saturday Night because we only made one drop and had to quit because of incoming Rain. They took a Coon 450 Yards and treed on a Monster Cottonwood Den Tree. I look forward to my trip each year to Illinois and the Coon Zoo. Hoping and Dreaming one day to have a Airstream Camper and travel to different states on the Fall and stay a couple weeks at each spot and enjoy some great Coon Hunting. An Old Vintage Airstream customized on the inside with some of my River Recovered Sinker Cypress Lumber. That is my future plan and I hope I live long enough to make it happen. Thanks to Mr. Ed and his Family for having us again this year. Memories that I will cherish forever.

Old Post 10-09-2018 01:43 AM
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Visit

Thanks Steve we enjoyed your visit. You know yawl always welcome.

Old Post 10-10-2018 04:47 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

TABBY

Tabby turned 8 months old this month and the weather has finally cooled off so it was time to show her the first Coon she's ever saw last week. Natural Born Hate, right out the gate. That evening I cut it loose and a minute later cut her. She ran it down and he took to the River and she bailed out in there and caught him. All the Grit a Hound will ever need is in this girl. He fought loose and got under the bank behind some tree roots. I jumped in chest deep and helped her get him out and she finished him. Hung him up and let her tree a minute then took her home. I caught 2 more coon Tuesday and at dark me and my wife took her and the coons to the swamp. Cut one loose out across a sage field and give him time then cut her. She ran him down in 2 minutes and caught him. Rounded her up and cut the other one loose. He took to the Nasty Swamp. She ran him Fast for almost 300 yards and hit the Tree with 3 Screaming Squalling Bawls and started Chopping. Coyotes went to cutting up right by her and she left. I called her in and took her home. Hunted her with Bo the other night and she went but eventually came back. Her back foot was bleeding and I looked and she had cut her pad. Been doctoring on it and shes getting better. It remains to be seen how she will progress and turn out but she is way faster on a Hot Track than any Pup I've ever had. She has lots of Energy and I believe she's going to have Huge Giddy Up in her. She's a very smart pup with the Brains to go with the Energy. Hope I'm not setting my expectations to high but I think she's gonna be a good one. Rained a lot last night and this evening, back to hunting her tomorrow night. Rose is better from her pad injury but now shes in heat. Haven't hunted her but once since I got home from Illinois. Anxious to get her back in the woods and up to speed. Bo is Bo, we go, we tree Coons.

Old Post 10-26-2018 02:37 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Bogue Chitto Blues

Steve I guess mine and your minds were crossing today. I thought about you several times and said I was going to call you and see how you were doing, but I was busy at the time and said I would call you a little later, and with a mine like I got if you think of something and put it off, you may not ever come back that way again. Sounds like Rose and Tabby are coming right along. When this water goes down some and this weather settles down some I'll give you a holler and we will make a round. Instead of dragging that big buck out I'm more interested in a young tender one these days. Take care Steve and I will talk to you later.

Old Post 11-13-2018 11:54 PM
Misty river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Misty river Click here to Send Misty river a Private Message Click Here to Email Misty river Find more posts by Misty river Add Misty river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

HUNT

Steve stay on them buddy!! Happy Thanksgiving to you too buddy!!

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 11-14-2018 01:45 PM
Darren Hollis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Darren Hollis Click here to Send Darren Hollis a Private Message Click Here to Email Darren Hollis Find more posts by Darren Hollis Add Darren Hollis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

FADING PASSION

PASSIONS IN LIFE,
ARE MORE THAN HUSBAND AND WIFE.
YOUR PASSIONS DEFINE WHO YOU TRULY ARE,
SHAPING YOUR DREAMS, BRINGING THEM NEAR FROM FAR
MINE ARE A BURNING DESIRE TO GET THINGS DONE,
LISTENING TO MY HOUND WITH A COON ON THE RUN.
DRIFTING SILENTLY DOWN A LAZY RIVER,
COLD FROSTY MORNINGS SIPPING COFFEE WITH A SHIVER
GOD'S ART WORK IN SUNRISES AND SUNSETS,
EACH ONE A MASTERPIECE AS GOOD AS IT GETS.
WATCHING AND FEELING THE RAIN FALL SOFTLY DOWN,
AS I WAIT ON A BUCK WITH A MAGNIFICENT CROWN.
GRANDCHILDREN'S LAUGHTER AS THEY RUN WITH PUPS PLAYING,
CAMPFIRES WITH HOT DOGS AND MARSHMALLOWS ON THE NIGHTS THEY'RE STAYING.
SINKER CYPRESS LOGS, BIG AS A SMALL CAR,
SAW MILLING THEM INTO LUMBER, EXPOSING HOW BEAUTIFUL THEY ARE.
MY PASSIONS ARE MANY AND BURN DEEP IN MY SOUL,
HOPING TO ENJOY EACH ONE UNTIL MY BODY GROWS COLD.
BUT AS TIME TICKS ON AND PAIN SETTLES IN,
I DONT FEEL MUCH LIKE HUNTING, EVEN WITH A FRIEND.
MY HEART AND MIND ARE STILL BEGGING TO GO,
BUT MY WORE OUT BODY SCREAMS, ' OH HELL NO"!
MY PASSIONS ARE FADING BECAUSE PAIN IS MAKING ME WEAK,
HOW I WISH TO HEAR MY HOUND TREED AS I WADE THROUGH A CREEK.
THE THINGS I LOVE ARE GETTING MUCH HARDER TO DO,
ALL MY LIFE I COULD WORK LOTS OF HOURS, NOW ONLY A FEW.
WITH TEARS IN MY EYES I LOOK TO THE SKY,
ASHAMED I'M A MAN HURTING ENOUGH TO CRY.
I PRAY PLEASE LORD, TAKE ME HOME,
WHEN I REALIZE THAT MY PASSIONS ARE ABOUT ALL GONE.

WRITTEN FROM THE HEART BY: STEVE BANKSTON

11-12-2018

Old Post 11-25-2018 01:27 AM
JHannack
UKC Forum Member

Touching read

God bless you friend!

Home of some future hopefuls.....

Old Post 11-25-2018 02:11 AM
JHannack is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JHannack Click here to Send JHannack a Private Message Find more posts by JHannack Add JHannack to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steeb_63
UKC Forum Member

VERY SPOT ON!!! THATS A TEAR JERKER, BUT ITS SO VERY TRUE FOR ALL OF US!!!MAY GOD BLESS YOU SIR AND YOU NEED TO BE WRITING A BOOK!!! YOUR POSTS ARE THE VERY VERY BEST

2018 2ND PLACE BREED WINNER PKC
2019 ILLINOIS STATE CHAMPION
2019 AUTUMN OAKS GRAND 16
2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATL GRNITECH OF BREED
2019 ZONE 3 HIGH SCORING DOG
2019 WORLD CH TOP 100
2019 PURINA NATIONALS BREED WINNER.
2019 FALL ROUND UP KING OF THE HUNT.
2019 ERCHA PKC PRO HUNT TOP 4
2020 WINTER CLASSIC SAT. 4TH PLACE CHAMPION DIVISION
2020 WORLD QUALIIFIED
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS INVITATIONAL HUNT WINNER
2020 NATIONAL BLUETICK DAYS DOUBLE CAST WINNER 3RD PLACE GRNITECH FRI AND 4TH PLACE GRNITECH SAT
2020 Natl english days high scoring dog overall fri 1rst place grnitech sat 3rd place grnitech.
2021 invitational hunt winner
2021 natl bluetick days 9th place RQE winner
T0C Top 64 winner

ALSO HOME OF
PR Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee[dual grand penny x grnitech krypt]
nitech Stebers Big Ole Slick
NITECH STEBERS MIGHTY LONESOME 3 AKA CASH[7 wins towards grnitech
Stebers Mighty Blue Bell
Stebers 5 Gen
Stebers Pure Country
Stebers Shining Diamond
Stebers Lonesome Sue
Stebers Mighty Blue Patsy
Stebers Ole Blue Betty
Stebers Lil Blue Krayzee II
AND SEVERAL YOUNG ONES IN THE MIX

Old Post 11-25-2018 12:10 PM
steeb_63 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for steeb_63 Click here to Send steeb_63 a Private Message Click Here to Email steeb_63 Find more posts by steeb_63 Add steeb_63 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Darren Hollis
UKC Forum Member

steve

You are in my prayers my friend. Hoping you feel like chasing ole blue for many more hunts!!
Darren

HOME OF:
(REST IN PEACE)
PR Southern Blue Sam
PR Southern Blue Rattler

Old Post 11-28-2018 01:17 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

OLD TIMERS

Thanks Guys. It's been a while since I had a Poem come to me in such a way that I had to write it down Right Then. This was one of those times. I knew as it poured out of my heart onto paper that it wasn't just about Me. Lot of Guys and Gals can relate to what I'm feeling and going through. We all have our Passions, we all have our struggles in life, we all have our scars and we all have our pain. If you are in your 50's or older and don't have severe arthritis or worse, then you are lucky indeed. Life goes on, slower, more painful and not near as much fun, but go on it does. Hope our passions in life keep us putting one boot in front of the other until the Good Lord sees fit to bring us Home.

Old Post 11-30-2018 01:24 AM
Misty river
UKC Forum Member

Old Timers

Amen.

Old Post 11-30-2018 03:26 AM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Kandy is looking and sounding good. That Bojangles x Ann cross has worked out well.
She is going to be something to deal with this coming Spring in the hunts. Fast, Loud and accurate.

RIP
GrNitech Overton's Breathless Blue Chief Full brother to Nite ch Snowdens Runt
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Gr Nite ch Utchmans Double Eagle Hoss
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
NiteCh Overton's Breathless Blue Dixie LOUD!
NiteCH Lienbachs Breathless Blue Jammer
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Gr Ch Nitech Rob's Blue Tomahawk
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Dolly super fast track and tree dog. accurate.
Grch Nitech Overton's Utchmans Blue Belle
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009
Nite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Sounder
GRNite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blu Magic 13 years old brother to Roler
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Gobber. Running and treeing wild coons at 5 months

Nite Ch O Breathless Blue Tree Dragon
Treeing his own wild coon at 6 months old.

Dogs living
Overton"s Breathless blue Julia. Bill Bird owner
Dual Champion Uchtman So Blue Lumber 6yrs
Owned by Cody Stader in Indiana
Dual Grand Overton's Breathless Blue Maggie
Present Owned by Luke Wood in Okalhoma

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Overton"s Breathless Blue Lincoln
Overton"s Breathless Blue Ava.

Old Post 12-12-2018 03:22 PM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

KANDY

Thanks Elmo, that's Great to hear about Kandy. I have her sister, Rose here, and like everything about her. I don't hunt like I used to because of my health but she is making a coon dog non the less. I had BO out last 2 nights and he looked good. Trying to get back in the groove of going about every night. I hope your health has improved or will improve so you can enjoy what you love to do. I haven't heard anything on the others from this cross but I bet if they weren't pushed to much at a young age then they should really be clicking now. These pups are ready to start between 8 to 12 months old. Any sooner, if you insist on taking them, I think sets them back. Once they get going they make steady progress and good solid hounds. Rose is accurate and as hard a tree dog as you would want to see. So far, a good, clean tree dog too. Absolutley no trash at all. Naturally Straight. Hope Kandy continues to roll and that you have a hard hunter pushing her. That's what it takes to make a Winning Team. Good Luck with her in the future and all your hounds. Take Care and Merry Christmas.

Old Post 12-13-2018 06:11 PM
steve bankston
UKC Forum Member

Re: ROCKET THE RACOON

quote:
Originally posted by steve bankston
Twas the night before Christmas and under a full Moon,
Not a creature was stirring except Rocket the Racoon.
The light of the Moon had other critters scared to move about,
But I ain't no coward Rocket would Shout!
As he made his way down Black Branch Swamp,
He thought of the years that had passed and miles he had tromped.
Since he was just a little kitten coon born in a hollow corner fence post,
He was the Sow's favorite and she fed him the most.
Rocket grew and grew until he was the biggest coon in the woods,
Learned every trick to outwit the hounds and tree him they never could.
But there was a man and his hounds that lived on the Bogue Chitto River,
That had a hound that located with a Bawling Quiver.
Word on the Street and in the woods was he could tree Any Coon,
I'm to smart for that Ole Bluetick thought Rocket the Racoon.
Off in the distance he heard the 4 wheeler then silence as the Hunter parked,
Not long after came the Raging Bawls as Mr. Bojangles barked.
He had picked up Rockets trail the coon knew for sure,
Because where Bo opened Rocket had searched for food but only found a fishing lure.
Not really scared but out of respect for the reputation of this hound,
Rocket picked up the pace heading for a tree where he had never been found.
Reaching the Huge Turkey Pine he sank his sharp claws deep in the bark,
Up he went to his hiding place as he listened to the hounds bawls off in the dark.
Closer and Closer they came until he heard why all other coons were hid in fear,
That Long, Quivering Bawl that let the Hunter know the Coon is Here!
Rocket listened to the hounds Raging Bawls from way down below,
Then shut his eyes as the Hunters light lit up the tree with a Glow.
It wasn't a few minutes but seemed like a long time,
Rocket heard a Click, Pop, then close to his head a Whine.
He knew he was found so swung down on a limb and hung, looking straight into the Hunters Eyes,
Then dropped to the ground far below before the Hunter got another try.
Off he ran in the darkness feeling fear from his toes to his cheeks,
Racing through the Swamp under Briars and across creeks.
Headed home to a hollow tree near the hollow fence post,
Knowing if he didn't make it he would only be a Ghost.
One mile of running faster than he had ever been,
He reached the safety of his big old Den.
Mr. Bojangles wasn't far behind and slammed the tree with that Quivering Bawl,
Roaring his Rage so loud that a half mile away it echoed off a barn wall.
The Hunter reached the tree on this night before Christmas under the Full Moon,
And knew that him and his favorite hound had been beat by Rocket the Racoon.
As he pulled Bo off the Old Den Tree,
I heard him say, " Merry Christmas! " and knew he was talking to me!

Ho, Ho, Ho!!

BO, Bo, Bo!!

Old Post 12-25-2018 12:08 AM
BETHLEHEM BLUES
UKC Forum Member

Steve

Merry Christmas to you and your family, happy hunting.

(RIP) Nt Ch HTX Uchtman first class Jack
(RIP) Gr Nite Ch Yeager’s Wild N Wonderful Ginger

Heikki Yeager (304) 905-3585

Old Post 12-25-2018 12:47 AM
BETHLEHEM BLUES is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BETHLEHEM BLUES Click here to Send BETHLEHEM BLUES a Private Message Click Here to Email BETHLEHEM BLUES Find more posts by BETHLEHEM BLUES Add BETHLEHEM BLUES to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote