UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Forum Obituary
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Forum Obituary

With deepest regards and regrets I hate to see the death of this forum. Seems to have started years ago with ole Lyle. Used to be I couldn't wait to look every morning to see what he'd been up to. The later he posted the harder it was to decipher what he was saying, then when he went to talking about his girlfriend , I'd roll. Then suddenly, poof he was gone.
Then along came Tar. Love him or hate him he brought up some interesting points and made you think. Might not have been the most diplomatic with his wording but he's been there and done that and loved his hunting and competition enough that he would travel long distants and master of hounds for free. So much for that controversy, suddenly, poof and he's gone.
Now Richard is either pouting or having second thoughts about his vaccination. Hard to get a response out of him. Nobody holds it against him for hunting red dogs, we all make mistakes.
Even Bruce is now riding around on his golf cart with his thermal imager shining trees and thanking the good Lord the thermal doesn't show whether there is hair on the tail or not. However he will take time for help or advice.
Even now our faithful Fox news lady that has accurate news and advice has been made a moderator and even Richard is afraid to argue with her.
Now everyone has come to the conclusion if their dog isn't any good it's from the wrong feed or disease not the lack of hunting or handling.
Allen I'll make a deal with you. If you'll reinstate some of the fellows that start controversy I'll apologize to Richard for poking the bear and lets bring this forum back to life.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-07-2021 02:11 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Paul Frederick
UKC Forum Member

Unfortunately, I don't think this Forum is ever coming back to life. When it was really hopping (10-ish years ago and more) it was nothing to have 2-3 pages of new comments and threads every morning just on the Coonhounds forum. Now I check it once or twice a week and still won't have half a page full to look at.

I've always liked this forum, but social media has killed it. It's much easier to get on the Facebook app on my phone and check one of the many coonhunting groups for updates. I also get frustrated with the new type of ads that are on here that open and make me click on them before I can see the thread or forum I want.

It's sad to see, but forums like this one are going the way of the Dodo faster than we know. If you think this one is slow you should check out the traffic over on PKC's forum!

Old Post 06-07-2021 02:32 PM
Paul Frederick is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Paul Frederick Click here to Send Paul Frederick a Private Message Click Here to Email Paul Frederick Find more posts by Paul Frederick Add Paul Frederick to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

YadkinRiver I have been disappointed by these dogs so many times in my life. I have to look for new and exciting Electronic Devices to keep me interested. Thing is after 50+ years of searching for the right dog. I found him in a dog that 5 years ago. I did not like. I thought his ears were too short. Thought he was too hard headed. I put a young set of legs behind him then and we won plenty that year. Now he is like me. Kind of wore out. Vet says his thyroid level is less that 1. But that doesn't stop him from treeing all the Coon I need to tree. Throw in the fact I can call and tone him once and he will be my side within minutes. Treed or running. He will respond. That makes life so much easier on me. That's a good thing. I know dogs get sick. But a Heart for Coon can keep an old dog going. Just like an old man with a Heart for God can also keep going. Just in a kinder way when they were young.

Old Post 06-07-2021 02:38 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RC-Abby
UKC Forum Member

Yadkinriver

I have only been on here 4 years. And I sure miss the Rebel Rousers. They were able to make you think and laugh. Most are like me can't type what you really mean,but with some thought it has meaning. Good luck with Allen.

Randi Bidlack

Old Post 06-07-2021 09:27 PM
RC-Abby is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RC-Abby Click here to Send RC-Abby a Private Message Find more posts by RC-Abby Add RC-Abby to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

stirring the pot again

Just got off the phone with Tar. Told me he has his new puppy's papers in the mailbox. Said he was a little concerned about getting them back since he found out why UKC was having so much trouble getting them back to people. Said they are printed on bamboo paper that comes from China and it was all used up on mail in votes. Appears he's still working undercover.

Old Post 06-07-2021 09:50 PM
yadkinriver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkinriver Click here to Send yadkinriver a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkinriver Visit yadkinriver's homepage! Find more posts by yadkinriver Add yadkinriver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ClayBottom11
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Paul Frederick
I also get frustrated with the new type of ads that are on here that open and make me click on them before I can see the thread or forum I want.

X2

Old Post 06-07-2021 10:30 PM
ClayBottom11 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ClayBottom11 Click here to Send ClayBottom11 a Private Message Find more posts by ClayBottom11 Add ClayBottom11 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
abshire
UKC Forum Member

x3

Old Post 06-09-2021 09:22 PM
abshire is offline Click Here to See the Profile for abshire Click here to Send abshire a Private Message Click Here to Email abshire Find more posts by abshire Add abshire to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Drama Queens

Lol. For those lamenting the death of this Forum message board, there is no need to fret. Simply tune in to the off topic section and you can partake in all the drama you seem to desire. Exactly where it should be, not cluttering the main message board just to please a few drama queens. Dave

Old Post 06-10-2021 08:52 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Rex Ridge
UKC Forum Member

Re: stirring the pot again

quote:
Originally posted by yadkinriver
Just got off the phone with Tar. Told me he has his new puppy's papers in the mailbox. Said he was a little concerned about getting them back since he found out why UKC was having so much trouble getting them back to people. Said they are printed on bamboo paper that comes from China and it was all used up on mail in votes. Appears he's still working undercover.

LOL...tell him I said "hi"

Old Post 06-10-2021 09:00 PM
Rex Ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Rex Ridge Click here to Send Rex Ridge a Private Message Find more posts by Rex Ridge Add Rex Ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

be happy to!

Old Post 06-10-2021 09:41 PM
JDR
UKC Forum Member

I quess we all have to get use to an upside down world.

Let's face it, Tar was never the problem in the first place. The problem was and is a whole host of thin skinned whiners whose lifes' consist of reporting "misbehavior" to mommy and daddy.

Old Post 06-11-2021 04:15 AM
JDR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JDR Click here to Send JDR a Private Message Find more posts by JDR Add JDR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

ttt

Old Post 06-30-2021 01:47 PM
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

Mr. Dobson

Are you that bored that you are trying to stir the pot on here? Lol Truthfully I’ve not been on here for awhile cause I missed lyles posts myself! Trying to figure out what in the world he was talking bout had m rolling most of the time

Old Post 07-01-2021 02:24 AM
Ralph Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ralph Williams Click here to Send Ralph Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Ralph Williams Find more posts by Ralph Williams Add Ralph Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkinriver
UKC Forum Member

Now Ralph you know I would not do that. I'm just adding to the clutter. How's everything across the ridge?

Old Post 07-01-2021 01:00 PM
Ralph Williams
UKC Forum Member

It’s just warm and sunny Mr Dobson lol

Old Post 07-07-2021 02:43 AM
Ralph Williams is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ralph Williams Click here to Send Ralph Williams a Private Message Click Here to Email Ralph Williams Find more posts by Ralph Williams Add Ralph Williams to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote