UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Off Topic > 9-11...where were you?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Reuben
UKC Forum Member

9-11...where were you?

I was at work in the control center...the TV was on and breaking news came on the CNN station we were allowed to watch at work...the breaking news was one of the twin towers was hit by a commercial plane...it showed video and all...my wife calls me and tells me what I already know...I was trying to make sense of what just happened...

A little while later the second tower was hit by another commercial plane...then I realized it wasn’t an accident or mechanical failure...

A little while later I remembered a documentary I watched about 5 years earlier...It was about analyzing and trying to figure out what Nostradamus predictions were...

I remember one of his writings they spent some time on was...great iron birds coming to the new city towards the east and that great loss of life...agony and despair...

And the analysis was nuclear missles hitting the new city what many were thinking New York City and others were thinking the White House...

In Nostradamus times there weren’t any missles now airplanes...that vision was truly amazing...

So was his prediction accurate or did it give Al Quaeda the idea? That is a question that can only be answered by the Al Qaeda members involved in the planning stages of the hit...

September 11, 2001, was a sad day for the USA...

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-11-2020 01:58 PM
Reuben is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Reuben Click here to Send Reuben a Private Message Click Here to Email Reuben Find more posts by Reuben Add Reuben to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

I had dropped my kids off at school and was running errands I remember pulling out of the post office when the news broke on the radio. I went back to the school and got the kids then went to my moms house.
This year our oldest grandson turned 8 years old on 9-10. I asked him if he knew what 9-11 was and he starts telling how to dial if there is an emergency. I knew it was time to educate him on the enormity of that day. I pulled up a video for us to watch together and was kind of taken back when he watched a plane crash into a tower with a huge explosion and said "wow, that was cool". The little guy had no idea about them filled with people of all walks of life and that thousands of others died because of the actions of a few. His mind in a life of innocence had a hard time grasping all of this. It has made me come to realize that my own children as did many of us had part of this stripped from them at an early age. We raise our children to be compassionate to others but teaching the evils of this world until they experience them in some way can be difficult.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER PRO SPORT TRUCK WINNER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-16-2020 06:10 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote