UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > What Were the Dominant Traits of Cowee Creek Clint Dogs?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

What Were the Dominant Traits of Cowee Creek Clint Dogs?

Walker men, help me here.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 08-26-2018 01:31 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

He was the cross of two lines. Sackett, jr which goes back to the Yadkin River dogs. Those dogs then crossed on Lipper and house bred hounds. Produced Cowee Creek Clint

So you have two combinations that are powerful in the Walker breed. Sackett, jr had some tree power in his offspring. Rat is a good example while also having some good Yadkin River track dogs behind him.

The House line of dogs had the track dogs that would tree.

John the answer to your question will probably come out in what female you he was bred to.

I know you like most hunters are always looking and searching. My search stops with a dog I got from you. Really becoming a nice package that all you had to do is turn him loose. His genetics did the rest.

Old Post 08-26-2018 02:06 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jay brademeyer
UKC Forum Member

Large frame Hounds.. generally big mouths.. Allot of them had natural independence.. these were common denominators that I seen from Cowee Creek Clint

"Building on a solid foundation starts on the bottom side"

Old Post 08-26-2018 04:22 PM
jay brademeyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jay brademeyer Click here to Send jay brademeyer a Private Message Click Here to Email jay brademeyer Find more posts by jay brademeyer Add jay brademeyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jhouchin
UKC Forum Member

Clint Dogs

I was around several of them.
The good was they had big mouths and big locates and could track well. Large frame dogs but could move around good.

The bad most of them were very average hunters.

They crossed well on Harry Females.

Old Post 08-26-2018 04:29 PM
jhouchin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jhouchin Click here to Send jhouchin a Private Message Click Here to Email jhouchin Find more posts by jhouchin Add jhouchin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MOX
UKC Forum Member

I'm a huge fan of the clint blood line. I've been hunting this line for about 11 years now. Currently hunting great grandpup of clint's. I've seen more than a few have the ability to run cold tracks very fast. Even tracks that other dogs had trouble smelling.

Old Post 08-26-2018 06:53 PM
MOX is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MOX Click here to Send MOX a Private Message Find more posts by MOX Add MOX to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John Carroll
UKC Forum Member

Thank you, gentlemen.

You are helping me.

Old Post 08-26-2018 07:03 PM
John Carroll is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John Carroll Click here to Send John Carroll a Private Message Click Here to Email John Carroll Find more posts by John Carroll Add John Carroll to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daniel urffer
UKC Forum Member

Mean as hell.

Old Post 08-26-2018 07:13 PM
daniel urffer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daniel urffer Click here to Send daniel urffer a Private Message Click Here to Email daniel urffer Find more posts by daniel urffer Add daniel urffer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

The mean as hell is something I've not experienced. I am no expert on Clint dogs. I have owned 5 directly off Clint and hunted with numerous others and being mean as hell is something I have not seen or experienced. I'm sure,there may ha e been some that were rough and my definition of mean may not be the same as Daniels.

Old Post 08-26-2018 09:29 PM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Wes Coffman
UKC Forum Member

Good reproducer. I liked the pups better out of the Teflon Don dog that was out of Clint.

Old Post 08-26-2018 11:10 PM
Wes Coffman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Wes Coffman Click here to Send Wes Coffman a Private Message Click Here to Email Wes Coffman Find more posts by Wes Coffman Add Wes Coffman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gmccall
UKC Forum Member

Give Jim McConnell in Franklin NC a call he raised him won all the hunts with him.

Old Post 09-24-2018 04:18 AM
Gmccall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gmccall Click here to Send Gmccall a Private Message Click Here to Email Gmccall Find more posts by Gmccall Add Gmccall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

Cowee Creek Clint Dogs

Were they aggressive on track as well as tree?

Old Post 10-04-2018 02:48 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote