UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Opportunity of a lifetime.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Opportunity of a lifetime.

Has there ever been another time in the history of our sport when you could get beat, get invited back for a do over and have a one in eleven chance of winning a World Hunt? Definately the opportunity of a lifetime!
Good luck to the chosen few.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-12-2017 12:50 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Elvis Black
UKC Forum Member

It’s called the 2017 UKC Recycled World Champion!

Old Post 12-12-2017 12:52 PM
Elvis Black is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Elvis Black Click here to Send Elvis Black a Private Message Click Here to Email Elvis Black Find more posts by Elvis Black Add Elvis Black to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Y'all just neèd a jelly donut make you put things in the right perspective !!

Tar

Old Post 12-12-2017 01:06 PM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BigContry
UKC Forum Member

Re: Opportunity of a lifetime.

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Has there ever been another time in the history of our sport when you could get beat, get invited back for a do over and have a one in eleven chance of winning a World Hunt? Definately the opportunity of a lifetime!
Good luck to the chosen few.

I never thought of it that way, but WOW you are exactly right. 11:1 great odds.

Old Post 12-12-2017 03:07 PM
BigContry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BigContry Click here to Send BigContry a Private Message Click Here to Email BigContry Find more posts by BigContry Add BigContry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

These eleven earned their way in it. They weren't picked at random.

Old Post 12-12-2017 03:09 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
elvis
UKC Forum Member

I can see this opening a can of worms, hope I'm wrong.

Lets say next year it comes out that the second place dog cheated at the zones. Obviously this kept another dog from being able to compete in the final cast. Sombody threatens to file a lawsuit if they don't rehunt and the winner threatens to sue if they do.

Last edited by elvis on 12-12-2017 at 05:56 PM

Old Post 12-12-2017 05:50 PM
elvis is offline Click Here to See the Profile for elvis Click here to Send elvis a Private Message Find more posts by elvis Add elvis to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nitehunter2004
UKC Forum Member

Still not sure how I fill about it but will congratulate the winner, only thing that I can’t understand is how a dog gets scratched for handlers misconduct (cursing) and they get a do over, scratched means scratched JMO.

Old Post 12-12-2017 05:59 PM
nitehunter2004 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nitehunter2004 Click here to Send nitehunter2004 a Private Message Find more posts by nitehunter2004 Add nitehunter2004 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by elvis

Lets say next year it comes out that the second place dog cheated at the zones. Obviously this kept another dog from being able to compete in the final cast. Sombody threatens to file a lawsuit if they don't rehunt and the winner threatens to sue if they do.

And another even bigger can, a local hunt has the same type handler mis-conduct. Now we have to throw out the local hunt, call them all up and re-hunt on a week night to get it right. Its a can of worms much larger than one can see right away. I like the odds that Jim threw out, 11:1, but it really should be 10:1. One dog that was in sambo's cast on Friday night got scratched by the MOH for mis-conduct. Seems funny that sambo is gone for that, and yet another is invited back for same rule infraction. No, the MOH scratch wasn't for cheating, but when one can't control the tongue, the same rule applies. Odd's should be 10:1. This re-hunt goes against all good reason, and precedence set over the past years of dealing with such. A no winner was the only real choice, but then I can see it can just be called a policy change, and next time it can be done different then too. YEP...the is a large opportunity for all who don't like the outcome of a hunt, the rules, or even just getting beat to have a redo. jmo...but mine don't count so disregard anything I say.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Last edited by Robert Johnson on 12-12-2017 at 06:10 PM

Old Post 12-12-2017 06:08 PM
Robert Johnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

And if you don't have a redo, it's also an opportunity to never have a winner at any other hunt.

Old Post 12-12-2017 09:22 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
And if you don't have a redo, it's also an opportunity to never have a winner at any other hunt.

Huh.....you lost me there.

Old Post 12-12-2017 09:31 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Huh.....you lost me there.
Read the last sentence of Robert Johnson's post.

Old Post 12-12-2017 09:43 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

Are the odds any different than they were in the first hunt? After the zones you have 2 full cast and one by yourself to make the finals. Same odds.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 12-12-2017 09:58 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bowling
UKC Forum Member

You can guarantee UKC lawyers are at work as we speak to come up with changes for 2018 to keep this from happening again.i think they had no choice but to have a re hunt. But rest assured they are a big money business that will cover all bases for future hunts you will see changes for the better cheaters should face harsh penalties. They got to start somewhere I personally think all world hunts should be held with the leaves off.

Old Post 12-12-2017 10:25 PM
bowling is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bowling Click here to Send bowling a Private Message Click Here to Email bowling Visit bowling's homepage! Find more posts by bowling Add bowling to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by joey
Are the odds any different than they were in the first hunt? After the zones you have 2 full cast and one by yourself to make the finals. Same odds. [/QUOTE

Odds are the excuse used by the Redbone guys. Odds don't win or lose coonhunts. Nobody cares about odds at a coonhunt.

Old Post 12-12-2017 10:28 PM
jawscardodger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by shadinc
These eleven earned their way in it. They weren't picked at random.

How is losing earning your way in?

Old Post 12-12-2017 11:12 PM
jawscardodger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jawscardodger Click here to Send jawscardodger a Private Message Click Here to Email jawscardodger Find more posts by jawscardodger Add jawscardodger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

How is cheating winning

Old Post 12-12-2017 11:32 PM
tripple river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tripple river Click here to Send tripple river a Private Message Click Here to Email tripple river Find more posts by tripple river Add tripple river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
tripple river
UKC Forum Member

Old Post 12-12-2017 11:32 PM
tripple river is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tripple river Click here to Send tripple river a Private Message Click Here to Email tripple river Find more posts by tripple river Add tripple river to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by jawscardodger
How is losing earning your way in?

They didn't loose. They made it through Thursday. All but 4 of them

Old Post 12-12-2017 11:41 PM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

You guys can keep this up all night. The fact is all 11 got beat at the World Hunt and at the WH, when you get beat, you are done. They may have got beat by a cheater but they didn't get cheated, they just got beat.
Write it up however you want, do it over all you want, however it comes out, this one has a smell that never leaves.

Old Post 12-13-2017 12:19 AM
sleepy head
UKC Forum Member

There's a little stench in the air for sure

Last edited by sleepy head on 12-13-2017 at 12:46 AM

Old Post 12-13-2017 12:44 AM
sleepy head is offline Click Here to See the Profile for sleepy head Click here to Send sleepy head a Private Message Find more posts by sleepy head Add sleepy head to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charles Pullen
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
You guys can keep this up all night. The fact is all 11 got beat at the World Hunt and at the WH, when you get beat, you are done. They may have got beat by a cheater but they didn't get cheated, they just got beat.
Write it up however you want, do it over all you want, however it comes out, this one has a smell that never leaves.

Jim you know what they say about smell ..... he who smelt it dealt it ! Lol 😂 just kidding Jim I couldn't resist that one .

Old Post 12-13-2017 12:47 AM
Charles Pullen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charles Pullen Click here to Send Charles Pullen a Private Message Click Here to Email Charles Pullen Find more posts by Charles Pullen Add Charles Pullen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

we need some cheese to go along with this thread. lol

Old Post 12-13-2017 01:30 AM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

I am telling you jelly donuts !! Maybe even some with sprinkles for Jim the old grouch lol. Y'all will all watch the play by play just like me lol.

Old Post 12-13-2017 01:35 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by joey
Are the odds any different than they were in the first hunt? After the zones you have 2 full cast and one by yourself to make the finals. Same odds. [/QUOTE

Odds are the excuse used by the Redbone guys. Odds don't win or lose coonhunts. Nobody cares about odds at a coonhunt.

You referenced 1 in 11 chance in your first post. Thats odds, but your right they really mean nothing. Luck, consistency and being in the zone for that week is what wins the world hunt.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 12-13-2017 01:36 AM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
berger
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by elvis

This is the exact reason I say UKC screwed up on having a re hunt. Everyone was looking at it as he won the world and that is why they are re hunting because they need a world champion. No you strip the title and go on. It don't need to be the second place dog either it could be number 14 or even 6 or number 100.

319-201-8445

Old Post 12-13-2017 02:00 AM
berger is offline Click Here to See the Profile for berger Click here to Send berger a Private Message Find more posts by berger Add berger to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote