UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Critters aren't moving
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
jdgher
UKC Forum Member

Critters aren't moving

The last couple nights it seems nothing is moving. Went coonhunting early Saturday night, hunted til 10pm, nothing. Started at 10:30 last night, hunted til 1:30 nothing. Not seeing anything cross the roads except a red fox Saturday and a grey fox last night. Seeing a fox is kinda rare, so wonder what's up with that.
Hunting east central IL. The Wabash valley.

GRNTCH PR' Steve-O and Chili's Red Flow
NTCH PR' Twisters Musical Red Huey DNA-VIP Perf Sire 06'07 Deceased 11/07
Former Home of
NTCH 'PR' Swann's Lonesome Red Music/ Kitty
NTCH. CH PR' SawBlade Red Reckon
NTCH. CH PR' Gher's Timber Mt. Brandy
Breeder of
GRNTCH PR' Daugherty's Red BUBBA
NTCH CH PR' BA'S Tree Top Rockin Griddle
NTCH PR' Lickcreek Backwoods Lil Red Annie

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-11-2017 04:30 PM
jdgher is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jdgher Click here to Send jdgher a Private Message Click Here to Email jdgher Find more posts by jdgher Add jdgher to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ed Mauney
UKC Forum Member

Movement

They moved early on the other side of the state. Both nights Friday and Saturday.

Old Post 12-11-2017 04:45 PM
Ed Mauney is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ed Mauney Click here to Send Ed Mauney a Private Message Click Here to Email Ed Mauney Find more posts by Ed Mauney Add Ed Mauney to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Nephew was deer hunting yesterday and sent me a picture of a coon out at 2:15 yesterday afternoon.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 12-11-2017 04:56 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KevinP
Banned

Moving great south of you a hour.

Old Post 12-11-2017 06:59 PM
KevinP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KevinP Click here to Send KevinP a Private Message Find more posts by KevinP Add KevinP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chad west
UKC Forum Member

Went to Pkc double header Sat night in Mt Vernon Il we scored on 3 singles in a hr plus 2 dens back at the truck around 9 pm on the early round didn't hunt late rd .

'NITECH' WEST'S REPO COLLECTOR
    GRNITECH PKC CH WEST'S BIG JIM TREE JAMMER{RIP}

Old Post 12-11-2017 11:32 PM
chad west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chad west Click here to Send chad west a Private Message Find more posts by chad west Add chad west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

There moving like crazy here in Georgia so the world hunt ought to be fun.

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Old Post 12-12-2017 01:24 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blacksc1
UKC Forum Member

dont know what the deal is here, either the wheels have fallen off the dogs or the coons just aren't moving three turnouts and a couple of miles later one slick (no track bark just treed) but other than that no strikes at least they got some excersise it dang sure wasn't for a lack of trying

Old Post 12-12-2017 03:22 AM
blacksc1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blacksc1 Click here to Send blacksc1 a Private Message Click Here to Email blacksc1 Find more posts by blacksc1 Add blacksc1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
arkansas cooner
UKC Forum Member

Been like that here. Just dead out there. See nothing going in or out of the woods. It's tuff on a young dog. Dens, old cold tracks that the pup gets bogged down on and pulls up short. Been like that for the past couple weeks. Sunday night the pup treed 2 in 20 min. Even saw coons on the road driving home. Went last night, back to nothing.

Old Post 12-12-2017 11:45 AM
arkansas cooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for arkansas cooner Click here to Send arkansas cooner a Private Message Click Here to Email arkansas cooner Find more posts by arkansas cooner Add arkansas cooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H Stonesifer
UKC Forum Member

I turned loose last night at 7:30 and finished 11:00 pm.Treed six singles,one den and two slicks.Not bad for old dog that aint been out of the pen in two months.

Old Post 12-12-2017 08:58 PM
H Stonesifer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H Stonesifer Click here to Send H Stonesifer a Private Message Click Here to Email H Stonesifer Find more posts by H Stonesifer Add H Stonesifer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kylej15
UKC Forum Member

You guys in southern PA must not have gotten hit with this cold spell or the 18 inches of snow, 9 trees with 7 coon isn't bad congrats.

Old Post 12-12-2017 11:02 PM
kylej15 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kylej15 Click here to Send kylej15 a Private Message Click Here to Email kylej15 Find more posts by kylej15 Add kylej15 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

You folks need to move to Georgia perfect coonhunting here

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 12-13-2017 12:00 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H Stonesifer
UKC Forum Member

Kyle,two inches of snow now gone and cold yes.Our coon done move in snow at all.But as soon as it melts they will move then

Old Post 12-13-2017 01:19 AM
H Stonesifer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H Stonesifer Click here to Send H Stonesifer a Private Message Click Here to Email H Stonesifer Find more posts by H Stonesifer Add H Stonesifer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SHC's Walkers
UKC Forum Member

Same here, no action. Hunting hasn't been good since last Thursday night.

Old Post 12-13-2017 03:20 AM
SHC's Walkers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SHC's Walkers Click here to Send SHC's Walkers a Private Message Find more posts by SHC's Walkers Add SHC's Walkers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cain99
UKC Forum Member

them goodns will find them coons when they ain't stirring! I promise u that...

#765-617-1725

Old Post 12-13-2017 04:17 PM
cain99 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cain99 Click here to Send cain99 a Private Message Click Here to Email cain99 Find more posts by cain99 Add cain99 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by cain99
them goodns will find them coons when they ain't stirring! I promise u that...
That's right

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 12-13-2017 07:42 PM
pigsit
UKC Forum Member

I wouldn't know when they move, I don't hunt past 10:00.

Dual GRNTCH Wendy
GRNTCH Cola
GrNtCH Honky Tonk Rock and Roll
Dual GRCH Bumper
Dual CH June
Dual CH Jill

Old Post 12-14-2017 04:17 AM
pigsit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pigsit Click here to Send pigsit a Private Message Click Here to Email pigsit Find more posts by pigsit Add pigsit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JustinH23
UKC Forum Member

I'm wondering if I didn't have distemper in a few places I hunt. Just seems like there is never anything there. I've also seen a few trees that the bobcats have used for scratching posts. Any chance they are competing with me for those Coons you think?

Proud member of the Deer Creek Cartel

Founding Member of the BSKC. Making coon hunting great again.

Home of:

`PR` B$C Clifford (BoonexCopper)
`PR` Johnson Branch Stub (GitXCree)

Old Post 12-14-2017 02:52 PM
JustinH23 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JustinH23 Click here to Send JustinH23 a Private Message Click Here to Email JustinH23 Find more posts by JustinH23 Add JustinH23 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

I have been treeing 1 or 2 coons a night a few den trees and 1 slick, and 1 possum but it has not been easy cold tracks or has I suspect the humidity is very low little to no frost couple that with we have not had much rain and no snow. Makes it tough if we get a little rain or snow I think it will help.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 12-14-2017 04:19 PM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog69
UKC Forum Member

coons mov

Could be thin coon,need to learn to cold trail better,or get more nose,I take em out at midnight and teach em to run cold tracks, I have good luck like that in thin coon even...

Old Post 12-15-2017 01:24 AM
treedog69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog69 Click here to Send treedog69 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog69 Add treedog69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog69
UKC Forum Member

coons mov

Could be thin coon,need to learn to cold trail better,or get more nose,I take em out at midnight and teach em to run cold tracks, I have good luck like that in thin coon even...

Old Post 12-15-2017 01:25 AM
treedog69 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for treedog69 Click here to Send treedog69 a Private Message Find more posts by treedog69 Add treedog69 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

I have 6 pretty cold nosed dogs that is not the problem still treeing a few coon just no easy ones which is unusual for this time of year, and my dogs are more track minded than tree minded. And I enjoy hearing a hound work a cold track and have the meat. it is real hard to try and get a pup or young dog started in these conditions. Thank goodness I only have one pup I am working this season and she is only 8 months old.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 12-15-2017 02:43 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
KevinP
Banned

Coons been running good all season by Mt Carmel,Albion area. Treeing the **** out of them.

Old Post 12-15-2017 02:53 AM
KevinP is offline Click Here to See the Profile for KevinP Click here to Send KevinP a Private Message Find more posts by KevinP Add KevinP to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
treedog69
UKC Forum Member

not moving

Oh I see, pups are always fun..and yes if you don't have a trail dog the trees may not happen...I live out west where it dry and rocky so I understand where your coming from.what Breed and strain of dogs u run..

Old Post 12-15-2017 03:26 AM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

I hunt XBRED and have for over 12 years , I hunt out west as well. how far West are you?

Last edited by Chuck Allen on 12-15-2017 at 11:18 AM

Old Post 12-15-2017 11:15 AM
Kler Kry
UKC Forum Member

critters aren't moving?

I didn't hunt last night , but I got a picture at 10:35 with the caption one den and 8 on the outside from Team Turbo. Turbo is 16 month old and I'm proud to say out of Penney and Rex. Temp was 19'

Old Post 12-15-2017 01:53 PM
Kler Kry is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Kler Kry Click here to Send Kler Kry a Private Message Click Here to Email Kler Kry Find more posts by Kler Kry Add Kler Kry to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote