UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Need some help!!
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Walkerman28
UKC Forum Member

Need some help!!

Ok so here’s the deal I’m new to coon hunting and have bought my first dog 2 months ago. She is the best dog I ever owned and have saw more coons with this dog than I have saw with any other! But here for about 2 weeks when I turn her out she isn’t the same dog. Sometimes not even barking the first time and this is not like her she is very accurate and barks on trail and located regularly. But the past few cast she hasn’t. Then I notice she is in heat. Is this the cause of my problem????? Also the one time she has trailed here lately it’s like she runs and trails wide open and won’t sit on a tee this is very unlike her is she ruined or is it the hormones?Thanks in advance

Last edited by Walkerman28 on 04-19-2019 at 04:29 AM

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 04-19-2019 04:27 AM
Walkerman28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Walkerman28 Click here to Send Walkerman28 a Private Message Click Here to Email Walkerman28 Find more posts by Walkerman28 Add Walkerman28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Blacklabel
UKC Forum Member

Put her up for a few weeks. She will be fine

The will to win is not nearly as important as the will to prepare to win. Everyone wants to win but not everyone wants to prepare to win." - Bobby Knight

Old Post 04-19-2019 04:44 AM
Blacklabel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Blacklabel Click here to Send Blacklabel a Private Message Click Here to Email Blacklabel Find more posts by Blacklabel Add Blacklabel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chaz2012
Banned

Re: Need some help!!

quote:
Originally posted by Walkerman28
Ok so here’s the deal I’m new to coon hunting and have bought my first dog 2 months ago. She is the best dog I ever owned and have saw more coons with this dog than I have saw with any other! But here for about 2 weeks when I turn her out she isn’t the same dog. Sometimes not even barking the first time and this is not like her she is very accurate and barks on trail and located regularly. But the past few cast she hasn’t. Then I notice she is in heat. Is this the cause of my problem????? Also the one time she has trailed here lately it’s like she runs and trails wide open and won’t sit on a tee this is very unlike her is she ruined or is it the hormones?Thanks in advance
She is ruined just as you are, keep her in the woods while she is in heat and only hunt with bluetick males

Charlie Portwood Jr.

Old Post 04-19-2019 03:08 PM
chaz2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chaz2012 Click here to Send chaz2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email chaz2012 Find more posts by chaz2012 Add chaz2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
2ol2hunt
UKC Forum Member

Put her up about a month and she will be ok....let us know how it goes.

Old Post 04-19-2019 03:59 PM
2ol2hunt is offline Click Here to See the Profile for 2ol2hunt Click here to Send 2ol2hunt a Private Message Click Here to Email 2ol2hunt Find more posts by 2ol2hunt Add 2ol2hunt to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Walkerman28
UKC Forum Member

In heat

Thanks will do. Just didn’t know if anyone else on here has had the same problem because I have been told being in heat will effect the way they hunt sometimes

Old Post 04-19-2019 09:18 PM
Walkerman28 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Walkerman28 Click here to Send Walkerman28 a Private Message Click Here to Email Walkerman28 Find more posts by Walkerman28 Add Walkerman28 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

Re: In heat

quote:
Originally posted by Walkerman28
Thanks will do. Just didn’t know if anyone else on here has had the same problem because I have been told being in heat will effect the way they hunt sometimes

It effects each female differently. I had one that was real accurate about having the meat when she treed. Then about a month before she would come in she started slick treeing like a fool.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 04-19-2019 09:32 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Female Probs

I bought a female when I was 16 that was a nice little dog. About 2 months after I bought her she treed 13..yes 13 opossums in a row. I was so mad I couldn't see straight. She started bleeding two days later. From that point on I knew when she was about to come in... when she treed her first opossum.