UKC Forums UKC Front Page :: Hunting Programs :: Dog Events :: Registration :: UKC Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > ? on treating a pup with rickets
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
roy mac
UKC Forum Member

I have always heard it was a calcium deficiency had a bluetick pup with it and give him calcium supplement. was told that weining pups to early can cause it cause they are cut off the nutrition momma gives them. fast growing pups need all the nutrition they can get. leaving on momma till ten to twelve weeks will help avoid deficiency from lack of calcium.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-10-2014 07:00 PM
roy mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roy mac Click here to Send roy mac a Private Message Find more posts by roy mac Add roy mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Ky Show Girl
UKC Forum Member

what is ricketts?vit d sounds like milk.

Old Post 02-11-2014 02:40 AM
Ky Show Girl is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Ky Show Girl Click here to Send Ky Show Girl a Private Message Find more posts by Ky Show Girl Add Ky Show Girl to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Chris Dillard
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by COALMINER28
She needs direct sunlight & cod liver oil table spoon in feed

X2

Old Post 02-11-2014 03:19 AM
Chris Dillard is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chris Dillard Click here to Send Chris Dillard a Private Message Click Here to Email Chris Dillard Find more posts by Chris Dillard Add Chris Dillard to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
roy mac
UKC Forum Member

go to search bar on computer type in rickets in dogs and puppys and how to treat.

Old Post 02-11-2014 03:30 AM
roy mac is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roy mac Click here to Send roy mac a Private Message Find more posts by roy mac Add roy mac to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
easttntrapper
UKC Forum Member

Had one last summer with it bad. Vet gave me some stuf called clorite. It was for horses but it cured it in 2 or 3 days. Think the vet charged me 5 dollars for a lb bag. The overal heath of this pup after using this was amazing. I will ptobably give it to all the pups I raise rickets or not. Its just a vit and mineral supplement you mix with its food.

Old Post 02-11-2014 11:18 AM
easttntrapper is offline Click Here to See the Profile for easttntrapper Click here to Send easttntrapper a Private Message Click Here to Email easttntrapper Find more posts by easttntrapper Add easttntrapper to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bo rabbit
UKC Forum Member

I think the vet gave you Clovite.

Old Post 03-03-2014 10:03 PM
bo rabbit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bo rabbit Click here to Send bo rabbit a Private Message Click Here to Email bo rabbit Find more posts by bo rabbit Add bo rabbit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
TimmM
UKC Forum Member

rickets

Had one one time was pretty bad. vet told me to cut the protein down. That he was growing to fast. He came out of it never had another problem. Cod liver oil and sunlight and cut the protein.

Old Post 03-03-2014 11:27 PM
TimmM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for TimmM Click here to Send TimmM a Private Message Find more posts by TimmM Add TimmM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote