UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Bruce Conkey
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Prime Time 29
UKC Forum Member

Bruce Conkey

Do you have any information about the new Garmin Instinct watch? How well does it work when synced with an alpha? What's the screen look like when tracking our dogs? Basically do you have any information of how it works while hunting?

GRNITECHHOF PKC CHAMPION ‘PR' PRIME TIME OUTLAW JESSE JAMES HTX3
2019 6th Place UKC World Championship
2019 Purina Race National Leader

Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything!!!
–- Wyatt Earp

People accuse me of being color blind. The truth is I will hunt red ones, blue ones, black and white ones, yellow ones, black and tan ones, or even brindle ones; Just as long as they are English!

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-12-2018 02:48 PM
Prime Time 29 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Prime Time 29 Click here to Send Prime Time 29 a Private Message Click Here to Email Prime Time 29 Find more posts by Prime Time 29 Add Prime Time 29 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

It has a lot of features that the Fenix has but when it comes to dog tracking it doesnt have maps. It has direction and distance pointer for the dogs.
My fenix has maps and much more detail. Even dog tracks with the right app downloaded

Last edited by Bruce m. Conkey on 10-13-2018 at 01:04 AM

Old Post 10-12-2018 11:21 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
It has a lot of features that the Fenix has but when it comes to dog tracking it doesnt have maps. It has direction and distance pointer for the dogs.
My fenix has maps and much more detail. Even dog tracks with the right app downloaded

Bruce

Can you elaborate on apps to be downloaded or anything you would recommend for the fenix
I currently just use the distance and pointers on mine , maybe I’m not getting full potential

Thanks

Old Post 10-16-2018 12:07 AM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

Well there is so much the watch can do that it can get confusing.

First, just talking about the watch and not any dog apps. You can set it up many different ways and with the face of the watch having many different styles. You can even put your picture on the face of the watch. I installed on mine the things that are valuable to me. On the face of my watch I have the DATE, SUNRISE AND SUNSET TIMES. I have BATTERY in PERCENTAGE. I have STEPS, NUMBER of MESSAGES RECEIVED ON MY PHONE and HEART RATE.

Now there are all kinds of widgets and apps you can install for different things. It has a map and Corey worked with one of the guys that makes the apps to put the dog tracks on the face of the watch on a map, just like the garmin handheld has. Most people just have arrows with distance on the face of the watch to see where their dogs are and that works in most cases. You have to remember you are dealing with a watch face and things can get cluttered. You can go to Garmin Connect and spend a day looking at different watch faces and things you might want on your watch. It can get confusing but the more you do it the better you get at it. Also on Garmin Connect all the physical things you track on your watch can be kept there including sleep times and you can track how your life is going. It can give you a daily stress level and an a lot of info. Me I just have the things I stated in the beginning and I don't track much stuff over time. But you can keep a lot of info between your watch and computer if you want to.

Old Post 10-16-2018 12:37 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buchcoonhunter
UKC Forum Member

APP

What is the name of the app to show the maps with the dogs on it?

Old Post 10-16-2018 01:28 PM
buchcoonhunter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buchcoonhunter Click here to Send buchcoonhunter a Private Message Click Here to Email buchcoonhunter Find more posts by buchcoonhunter Add buchcoonhunter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

The latest BETA dog tracking app is called the Dog Tracker Plus app and is at the CIQ store. One thing I said was dog tracks on the map. This is a work in progress and at the present time (but things change daily) it shows the handheld track and has colored boxes or circles for the dogs.

Old Post 10-16-2018 04:24 PM