UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Colorado coon hunters...
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Catchdog
UKC Forum Member

Colorado coon hunters...

Wondering if there are guys out here runnin coon....I'm north of the metro area, and wondering who else is hunting in this neck of the woods. Shoot me an email hannibal-1@comcast.net

Thanks

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-15-2007 01:06 AM
Catchdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Catchdog Click here to Send Catchdog a Private Message Find more posts by Catchdog Add Catchdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Catchdog
UKC Forum Member

bump

Old Post 11-15-2007 04:52 AM
Catchdog is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Catchdog Click here to Send Catchdog a Private Message Find more posts by Catchdog Add Catchdog to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jim Balash
New UKC Forum Member

Can't run with lights at night during the big game seasons.

Old Post 11-15-2007 02:19 PM
Jim Balash is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jim Balash Click here to Send Jim Balash a Private Message Click Here to Email Jim Balash Find more posts by Jim Balash Add Jim Balash to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Catchdog
UKC Forum Member

bump

Old Post 11-16-2007 03:18 AM
Catchdog
UKC Forum Member

bump

Old Post 11-16-2007 10:27 PM
chosen2
Banned

you must be the only coon hunter in Colorado. lol. All the more for you. Either that thier all unsocialable.

Old Post 11-17-2007 10:38 PM
chosen2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chosen2 Click here to Send chosen2 a Private Message Click Here to Email chosen2 Find more posts by chosen2 Add chosen2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jacob Garrett
UKC Forum Member

I asked about coon hunting on Co. when I went to visit my mom for a week. I got the same reply you have so far. Plus after I got out there I noticed the complete lack of tree's in the eastern part of the state.

Old Post 11-18-2007 01:14 AM
Jacob Garrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jacob Garrett Click here to Send Jacob Garrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jacob Garrett Find more posts by Jacob Garrett Add Jacob Garrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RON CHESNEY JR
UKC Forum Member

how far are you

ARE YOU FROM DEAR TRAIL COLORADO THERE IS A FELLA THERE BY THE NAME O SHELBY ADDELMEN THAT COON HUNTS

GRNTCH GRCH GRWCH GRFCH CHESNEYS STYLISH REBEL
NTCH CHESNEYS DIAMOND JEWEL

chesney74@hotmail.ca

im not color blind i like black and white
1 519 608 4457

Old Post 11-18-2007 02:37 AM
RON CHESNEY JR is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RON CHESNEY JR Click Here to Email RON CHESNEY JR Find more posts by RON CHESNEY JR Add RON CHESNEY JR to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawg
UKC Forum Member

....when I was in college at Fort Collins, there were several from around Greely................I hunted hounds for one of them around Black Hollow resevior/Wellington quite a bit.........

Old Post 11-19-2007 12:03 PM
coon dawg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawg Click here to Send coon dawg a Private Message Find more posts by coon dawg Add coon dawg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MightyBlueDogs
New UKC Forum Member

hey hows it going my jeff peterson out of alamosa colorado the san luis valley area and we have lots of great coon hunting down here and we are thinking about starting a club we have ten to fifteen guys that hunt and are intersted on starting a club their is a club called the colorado houndsmen located in the brush area but it seem's like they will have only have one hunt a year and we could hold three or four here where were at so let me know if your interested

Old Post 02-16-2011 04:21 PM
MightyBlueDogs is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MightyBlueDogs Click here to Send MightyBlueDogs a Private Message Click Here to Email MightyBlueDogs Find more posts by MightyBlueDogs Add MightyBlueDogs to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
coon dawwg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by MightyBlueDogs
hey hows it going my jeff peterson out of alamosa colorado the san luis valley area and we have lots of great coon hunting down here and we are thinking about starting a club we have ten to fifteen guys that hunt and are intersted on starting a club their is a club called the colorado houndsmen located in the brush area but it seem's like they will have only have one hunt a year and we could hold three or four here where were at so let me know if your interested
....hope you have better luck than I did out there...........tried to get a club started around Fort Collins/Greely................nobody really cared............outside of the one in Brush, I had to drive to Kansas/Nebraska to attend a UKC hunt..........

Old Post 02-16-2011 05:12 PM
coon dawwg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for coon dawwg Click here to Send coon dawwg a Private Message Click Here to Email coon dawwg Find more posts by coon dawwg Add coon dawwg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mpondr310
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by chosen2
you must be the only coon hunter in Colorado. lol. All the more for you. Either that thier all unsocialable.

There was one more in January but all I ended up running were lions. Tough country for chasing coon....in the mountains anyways.

Old Post 02-18-2011 02:25 AM
mpondr310 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mpondr310 Click here to Send mpondr310 a Private Message Click Here to Email mpondr310 Find more posts by mpondr310 Add mpondr310 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdm71379
UKC Forum Member

I realize this thread is several years old but I'm trying to do some research about coon hunting in Colorado. I am getting out of the Army will be in Colorado by Christmas I am in currently in North Carolina were coon hunting is huge I will be bringing me two walkers and a Redbone to Colorado was seeing if anybody else coon hunts, really hate that there are no ukc or Pkc clubs in Colorado.

Old Post 07-12-2014 04:40 PM
mdm71379 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mdm71379 Click here to Send mdm71379 a Private Message Click Here to Email mdm71379 Find more posts by mdm71379 Add mdm71379 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
kayapellijed390
Banned

Colorado coiners

I grew up in Loveland, CO. I know of a few coon hunters out there. Lance Shockley, 970- 203-5456, he is a good contact out that way. He can put you in touch with several other coon and big game hunters. Also their is a pawn shop on Eisenhower Blvd just west of JAX in Loveland that is owned by a hound hunter named Jesse. Give me a call or text at 605-291-8951 if you need any more help.

GRNITECH 'PR' DERBY CITY SANDY
GRNITECH GRCH CASH'S CAMO JUG OF SHINE
--2012 National Grand Nite Champion American Leopard Hound
--High Scoring Leopard 2012 Autumn Oaks
--High scoring Leopard Saturday night at Leopard days 2011
--Qualified for the 2011 UKC World Hunt.
--High Scoring Leopard of the 2011 UKC World Hunt
--Breed Winner for the 2011 Purina Race Hunt
--2011 South Dakota State Hunt Champion
CH RYLEIGH'S GRIM REAPER
--Tri-State Coonhunters Association 2010 Bench show dog of the year

And the Redbone--
2013 Tri-State Overall Bench Show Dog of the Year:
'PR' CH RAGGED RIDGE CJ (Willie) co-owned with Bob Julson

Old Post 07-13-2014 02:32 AM
kayapellijed390 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for kayapellijed390 Click here to Send kayapellijed390 a Private Message Click Here to Email kayapellijed390 Find more posts by kayapellijed390 Add kayapellijed390 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Gator McKlusky
UKC Forum Member

I'm in Basalt on the western side of the Divide, but I'm originally from Georgia. I'll be at the Brush hunt this month on August 15 with another guy from this area. Holler at me if come out this way or we could head your direction sometime. We've got some decent coon hunting around here if you want to come camp out for a weekend.

Contact that guy Lance Shockley from one of the earlier posts about the hunt in Brush. It is about a 6 hour drive for us, but we'll be there. Organized coon hunts are few and far between in this state, but there are lots of lion chasers. Its more fun chasing lions than coons for me.

There used to be couple coon hunts in Utah each year, but I haven't seen them in the magazine anymore.

My number is 970-319-2344.

Old Post 07-13-2014 06:47 AM
Gator McKlusky is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Gator McKlusky Click here to Send Gator McKlusky a Private Message Click Here to Email Gator McKlusky Find more posts by Gator McKlusky Add Gator McKlusky to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mdm71379
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for the info I'll shoot lance a call or text later today

Old Post 07-13-2014 02:12 PM
mdm71379 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mdm71379 Click here to Send mdm71379 a Private Message Click Here to Email mdm71379 Find more posts by mdm71379 Add mdm71379 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coloradocooner
UKC Forum Member

I coon hunt down here in the sounthern portion I'm located in Colorado Springs! Pm so we can do some hunting!

Old Post 01-24-2017 09:31 PM
Coloradocooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coloradocooner Click here to Send Coloradocooner a Private Message Click Here to Email Coloradocooner Find more posts by Coloradocooner Add Coloradocooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Coloradocooner
UKC Forum Member

I coon hunt down here in the sounthern portion I'm located in Colorado Springs! Pm so we can do some hunting!

Old Post 01-24-2017 09:31 PM
Coloradocooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Coloradocooner Click here to Send Coloradocooner a Private Message Click Here to Email Coloradocooner Find more posts by Coloradocooner Add Coloradocooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
jmhallenbeck
New UKC Forum Member

Hey there, I know this thread is pretty old but gonna try anyways, I adopted a 5 year old redbone a couple years ago from a friend who was fostering him and since have become very interested in hunting with hounds, was hoping to meet some other folks in Colorado that hunt with hounds and would maybe be willing to let me tag along and learn, not sure if it’s too late to try to get my dog hunting but I plan on having more in the future so if he doesn’t hunt that’s no big deal, just really interested in learning more about it and getting some first hand experience. Any advice is welcome and appreciated. Thanks!!

Old Post 10-16-2018 04:54 PM
jmhallenbeck is offline Click Here to See the Profile for jmhallenbeck Click here to Send jmhallenbeck a Private Message Click Here to Email jmhallenbeck Find more posts by jmhallenbeck Add jmhallenbeck to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
hunchop
New UKC Forum Member

I’ll be moving to the Denver area next month. I’m looking for some folks to hunt with.

Old Post 10-28-2018 10:16 PM
hunchop is offline Click Here to See the Profile for hunchop Click here to Send hunchop a Private Message Click Here to Email hunchop Find more posts by hunchop Add hunchop to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote