UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Hunt Director
Pages (7): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Since I learned tarspeak as Mr. Lambert calls it, I know your heart is in the right place regarding UKC, mine is too. I want UKC to be the best KC going, but as I have stated UKC needs to be proactive regarding the hunt clubs, change is needed on their part, there is no valid reason that UKC can not have an official available in Friday and Saturday nights to resolve hunting issues pertaining to our night hunts. Making the Clubs solely responsible is asking way to much, they have a duty to assist, really an obligation. It is in the best interest of both UKC and all of our hunt clubs to work together to insure the success of our Clubs and UKC. Don't pizz on my leg and tell me it's raining. Dave

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 11-08-2019 08:54 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
G.W. Harring
UKC Forum Member

HD hunting

Since the rule on HD & MH should be solely up to UKC to decide, I think UKC will change this rule in 2020 with all the other rule changes. I'd also guess that the fact that you would have to put up $ before a question or panel would be formed would also be a requirement. These go hand in hand and will without a doubt slow down stupid questions.
Also, anyone with an IQ 2pts higher than a turnip can see that it has worked in other KC's for YEARS and it could add $ to UKC's pocket.
I still can't believe this is even being discussed!?!?

402-209-5053

Old Post 11-10-2019 09:01 PM
G.W. Harring is offline Click Here to See the Profile for G.W. Harring Click here to Send G.W. Harring a Private Message Find more posts by G.W. Harring Add G.W. Harring to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

G W. Harring

I hope you are right, but as of now, UKC position has not changed to anyone's knowledge, they stated recently that the hunt director CAN NOT HUNT. I agree with you regarding the IQ part, seems like it would be a no brainer to anyone, as it makes no sense not to let the hunt director hunt. I strongly advocate for the hunt director being able to hunt, I also, advocate for UKC to have an official available during these Friday and Saturday hunts, that makes perfect sense. Having an official available would alleviate the burden that's placed in the hundreds of CLUBS across the country. I strongly believe that this is an obligation of UKC, and really don't see why it has not always been in place. We need someone available during hunt times way more than any other time of the week. It works for the $ KC and would work for UKC. Dave

Old Post 11-10-2019 09:30 PM
Dave Richards is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Having a UKC OFFICIAL available during hunt times would alleviate a lot of problems. I believe it would give all hunters the confidence that their questions would be answered fairly given access to UKC OFFICIAL opinion and not just based on a MOH OR HUNT DIRECTOR/PANEL DECISION. Yes, we could impose a dollar amount on any hunter wanting UKC'S input if the hunter is wrong. The dollars collected would offset ant extra expenses incurred by UKC for having an official available during hunt times. It certainly makes more sense that UKC have someone available than relying on hundreds of Clubs to resolve the difficult issues/questions that arise. I believe this should have been the practice from day one. UKC should implement this starting in 2020 just like the new rules, make UKC the place to be in competition hunting. Dave

Old Post 11-10-2019 11:00 PM
tommygunner
Banned

Try to get Allen or Tod's cell ph number to call at night about a question , aint gona happen!!!

Old Post 11-11-2019 01:20 PM
tommygunner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for tommygunner Click here to Send tommygunner a Private Message Click Here to Email tommygunner Find more posts by tommygunner Add tommygunner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

Let's have this discussion.

Are the procedures, that are in place for questions and appeals, not working anymore? Do we have any idea how many appeals are actually filed each year to warrant / justify such a proposal?

Old Post 11-11-2019 01:30 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

Atta boy Tar.That's the best post you've made in years.

This needs fixed. Call it a policy change instead of a rule change. Call it what ya want but FIX IT

Old Post 11-11-2019 02:25 PM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC

Are the procedures, that are in place for questions and appeals, not working anymore? Do we have any idea how many appeals are actually filed each year to warrant / justify such a proposal?

the simple answer is no too the 1st question. And the 2nd question we could better ask ukc

Old Post 11-11-2019 02:37 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Toad Hill
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Allen / UKC

Do we have any idea how many appeals are actually filed each year to warrant / justify such a proposal?

Yes great idea .

How many ?

* GRNTCH PKC CH SMALL TOWN LONE SURVIVOR "LONER" DNA-VIP
(GRNTCH Cabin Creek Rowdy semen X GRNTCH CH Lonesome Dove Lori)
----- Chilled semen available, 463 million total sperm per collection sent - Quality Documented & Guaranteed as of 11-15-23 -----
-English Days 2020 - 3rd place Fri / High Scoring male & 1st place Sat night
-2021 UKC World TOP 100
-2022 TOC Qualified
-2022 UKC World Qualified
-2023 UKC World Qualified
-2023 PKC World Quarter Finalist TOP 105
- For more on Loner, Go listen to Episode #1 on The Coonhound Collective podcast on Spotify.

* GRNTCH CH LONESOME DOVE LORI ( 2018 UKC World top 25 ) World Qualified 3 years straight [ double bred , 2X WLD CH Eng Fem GRNTCH Backroads Rosie ]

* GRNTCH CH SMALL TOWN BINGO STAR DNA-VIP ( 2019 Winter Classic 2nd place ) [ HOF GRNTCH Wilcox Thunder Bingo X Dual Grand Tree Rockin' Nelly ]
(( Star is the Dam to 2021 Southern Eng Days High Scoring Male & Overall Winner ))

- Live breeding doesn't dictate the future success of a puppy any more than a frozen breeding does.

+ I am the Wretch the song refers to

Old Post 11-11-2019 02:42 PM
Toad Hill is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Toad Hill Click here to Send Toad Hill a Private Message Find more posts by Toad Hill Add Toad Hill to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
T Felderman
UKC Forum Member

Appeals

Thank god we don't have these problems where I hunt. I don't think I've ever seen the appeal paperwork.

Heck I don't know why people get worked up. Probably another hunt tomorrow night or wait a week and there will be 2 more.

Old Post 11-11-2019 02:43 PM
T Felderman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for T Felderman Click here to Send T Felderman a Private Message Find more posts by T Felderman Add T Felderman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, can you actually have a "club" where only 1 member has the ability to be the hunt director? It sounds like these clubs need a couple more members.

Granted my memory is not that good anymore but I can't remember when a rules question was brought back at our club.

Not too long ago you had to have a licensed MOH. Well clubs complained about that and said that there weren't enough MOH's. So UKC instituted the Hunt Director Policy. Now some are complaining about that. When Hunt Directors are allowed to hunt, what is next? It seems like some are never going to be satisfied.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-11-2019 at 02:55 PM

Old Post 11-11-2019 02:53 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

The problem is everyone wants to hunt, and no one wants to take a weekend off to referee (so everyone else can hunt).

That means less than qualified people fill the Master of Hounds OR Hunt Director slot. This leads to credibility of the title of MOH to take a nose dive over time.

There is no give and take at the club level anymore... club members wear out one person as an officiate (or use someone that has no clue whats going on) and then when that person is gone or can't be used, complain to UKC about their rules and polices governing what it takes to be an event officiate.

At the end of the day, this is NOT UKC's problem.

Last edited by Corey Gruver on 11-11-2019 at 03:21 PM

Old Post 11-11-2019 03:04 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Allen / UKC
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by Toad Hill
Yes great idea .

How many ?

Since we implemented fees to the panel and appeals procedure (2014?), appeals to UKC dropped from 6 per month to, at most, maybe five or six total per year.

Old Post 11-11-2019 03:07 PM
Allen / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Allen / UKC Click here to Send Allen / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Allen / UKC Find more posts by Allen / UKC Add Allen / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Tar

I'd be interested to hear how many events your club holds per year. UKC / PKC combined.

Old Post 11-11-2019 03:29 PM
Corey Gruver is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Corey Gruver Click here to Send Corey Gruver a Private Message Find more posts by Corey Gruver Add Corey Gruver to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Tarbaby, if your club doesn't have enough guides, why is that UKC's fault? Why would Mr Big $$$ call UKC to complain about your club's lack of guides?

At my club if we don't have enough guides, the Hunt Director just tells someone in a cast where to turn loose and they "guide". With today's Garmin's and Bird's Eye, you only need to know where to turn out. And I have been to a lot of Major Hunts where our guide was not from that area but just had a turn loose spot.

Old Post 11-11-2019 03:34 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Corey Gruver
I'd be interested to hear how many events your club holds per year. UKC / PKC combined.

All of us who have clubs should have a say and I have alot of events and we are involved in several clubs along with travelling to many more! Tar is not the only one speaking up!

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-11-2019 03:45 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Tar

Are you officiating all of the events in your local area? How many clubs are in your area? How many events are each holding?

Old Post 11-11-2019 03:46 PM
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Tar

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
All of us who have clubs should have a say and I have alot of events and we are involved in several clubs along with travelling to many more! Tar is not the only one speaking up!

I just want to see some hard numbers is all. I see a lot of clubs in our area hold a full schedule of UKC/PKC events each year. That can translate to be over 20 hunts annually. If a club has subpar officiates and/or staff/guides for 20+ hunts a year, then I can completely understand why they would be upset about the rules and policies governing officials at events (Thank the Lord that this has not been a problem in our area).

My point is, its not UKC's problem if the clubs are spreading themselves thin. I understand surplus events = increased revenue in most instances, but this can easily be interpreted as a quality over quantity debate...

Old Post 11-11-2019 03:50 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Jen, do y'all have a problem getting a Hunt Director at your club?

Old Post 11-11-2019 04:29 PM
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Then why is she complaining? We don't have a problem getting a Hunt Director. But my wife would if I asked her.

How knowledgeable does a Hunt Director have to be? They don't answer any questions or interpret any rules. They fill out the paperwork and pick a panel if a question comes in. If you have a Hunt Director that knows the rules, then you have lost a good panel member. So don't pick someone for Hunt Director who is knowledgeable enough to sit on a panel.

Last edited by Richard Lambert on 11-11-2019 at 04:36 PM

Old Post 11-11-2019 04:34 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Change rule 12. (c) to read
MOH/HD must be present at all times at any open event with (16) or more entries. All major events including any Purina Points events must have a MOH present on grounds.

Change 3rd sentence in 16(a) to read the following... It may be scored with a question mark (?) to be reviewed by the MOH/panel. A fee of $25 for each question must be paid previous to the question(s) being heard.

16. (b) 3. Change last sentence to read the following...
Any handler not satisfied with the out come retains the right to place a (?) to be reviewed by the MOH/panel. A fee of $25 for each question must be paid previous to the question(s) being heard.

Panels
1. In order to form a panel a $25 Panel Fee must be paid for each question previous to question(s) being heard.
Appeals
3. Appeals must be submitted to the MOH/HD with a fee of $100.

*In the event that a MOH/panel or appeal is ruled in favor of the person placing the question or appeal all fees will be returned. If the MOH/ panel or appeal is ruled against fees will be retained by UKC to be submitted to the youth fund.

There I fixed it...

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 11-11-2019 05:19 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Then why is she complaining? We don't have a problem getting a Hunt Director. But my wife would if I asked her.

How knowledgeable does a Hunt Director have to be? They don't answer any questions or interpret any rules. They fill out the paperwork and pick a panel if a question comes in. If you have a Hunt Director that knows the rules, then you have lost a good panel member. So don't pick someone for Hunt Director who is knowledgeable enough to sit on a panel.

Does it say somewhere that the hunt director can't be on the panel?
I would just like to be able to leave to use the restroom when they have been winterized or run to the grocery store if I forgot something! So far we've never had to ever seat a panel and I couldn't tell you the last time a question ever came back in at our club. I absolutely see why at large events why someone needs to be there for the entirety but at the local level most have very few issues ever.
A policy that if a club has x amount of appeals overturned by UKC their hunt director privilege is revoked.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 11-11-2019 05:29 PM
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
...A policy that if a club has x amount of appeals overturned by UKC their hunt director privilege is revoked.

I love this idea

Old Post 11-11-2019 05:32 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by yadkintar
I like jens proposal.

Tar

Probably should have wrote the whole thing up late last winter with the rest lol. I knew that hunt director hunting was a proposal already written to be submitted by others. Personally I do not see where UKC needs breed approval for implementing new policy, this is not a hunting rule.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 11-11-2019 05:45 PM
Corey Gruver
UKC Forum Member

I can't say I am on board with fee increase for appeal procedures. Yes, it makes sense to do that to eliminate "problem" people working the system, but it makes it unfeasible for the honest, average Joe to further seek justification and/or guidance when it is truly needed.

Old Post 11-11-2019 05:47 PM