UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Cur and Feist Classifieds > Started dogs.
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
daggum
UKC Forum Member

Started dogs.

I have a question. Why is it so many 1 1/2, 2 and 3 year old started dogs on here for sale? A 1 1/2 to 2 year old dog should be close or finished out, if you put the time into them. In the 20 plus years I've had dogs, I know by 1 year old if that dog is gonna be a tree dog or not. I guess no one is putting the time into dogs like they use to. That's the only thing I can think of.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-21-2018 02:43 AM
daggum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daggum Click here to Send daggum a Private Message Click Here to Email daggum Find more posts by daggum Add daggum to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stew
UKC Forum Member

Or they are and they aren’t progressing so try to sell them. Buyer beware. Squirrels dogs and people have changed a lot over last 20 yrs. use to be a community where people bought, sold, traded, trained. It has become a business and a what have you done for me lately and can you promote my dogs kind of thing. I know this isn’t everyone but I see it more and more. It’s only hurting our sport.

Old Post 01-21-2018 01:15 PM
stew is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stew Click here to Send stew a Private Message Click Here to Email stew Find more posts by stew Add stew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
daggum
UKC Forum Member

I saw one on here that was 3 years old and treed a couple of turned out caged squirrels/coons, for sale as a started dog. I would be ashamed to put that on here and some poor guy that doesn't know any better will buy that.

Old Post 01-22-2018 09:58 AM
daggum is offline Click Here to See the Profile for daggum Click here to Send daggum a Private Message Click Here to Email daggum Find more posts by daggum Add daggum to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
stew
UKC Forum Member

I agree an see it all the time. Like I said squirrel dog 20 years ago was different than today. People sell their culls now and as you stated usually to someone who is trying to get into the sport, it ruins it for those people. I have found that today a lot of these breeders with these super squirrel dog who sell all these pups don’t even hunt. Go figure. Not bashing our sport, I love it. I love dogs and the companionship that use to go with squirrel hunting w dog. I do think our sport needs a lot of cleaning up and dog hunters have to be the ones to do it.

Old Post 01-22-2018 01:47 PM
stew is offline Click Here to See the Profile for stew Click here to Send stew a Private Message Click Here to Email stew Find more posts by stew Add stew to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote