UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Never thought I would see this
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
James B Grice
UKC Forum Member

Never thought I would see this

3 month old pup barkin every breath this mornin about 6am.I opened my back door and looked over at my kennels and saw a grown deer standing about 10 feet from my chainlink kennel.I yelled at the deer but instead of running away it calmly walked up to the kennel wire and LIL RED and that deer rubbed noses for a few seconds,The deer buckled up and head butted at the dog gently then walked away ..WOULDNT BELIEVE IT IF I HADNT SEEN IT.....

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-26-2017 12:54 AM
James B Grice is offline Click Here to See the Profile for James B Grice Click here to Send James B Grice a Private Message Click Here to Email James B Grice Find more posts by James B Grice Add James B Grice to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
msinc
Banned

Yes sir, they don't head butt the kennel, but I have four deer that actually bed down about 40 feet away from my kennel right in the yard. All four will lay there, chew their cud {I guess} and stare at the dogs, which just stare back. They usually show up right around midnight, but they aren't there every night. I can count on two or three nights a week and can almost set my watch to them. It's a wonder all three of my dogs aren't deer blasters!!!

Old Post 05-26-2017 12:26 PM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

James, I come home many a night to put the dogs up from hunting and there are deer laying within yards of the dog pens. I have a camera on some semi wooded land next to the pens and I get videos all the time of the deer feeding and then you hear a dog bark once or twice and they just lift there head and look around and go back to feeding. Last Saturday we had like four trucks in the yard with dogs tied to them and we were sitting in the garage waiting for it to get dark. Just about dusk one of the guys looked out the window and said "there goes a deer by the trucks". I would of loved to have seen what you saw as it would have been a memory to keep for life. If anyone hasn't watched deer much, I will tell you this. Doe's are a mean critter over feed. I had one doe feeding and a yearling walked up and she side kicked that yearling and almost knocked it down. Had one on its back legs pawing at another one and had one that haunched down and charged another doe coming in to the feed. Life in the wild is not as kind as most people think. Again glad you got to see a tender moment between animals.

Old Post 05-26-2017 12:51 PM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
SHORN
UKC Forum Member

deer and dogs

Southern deer must be different than northern deer cause the coon dogs chase every deer off the property. If you don't believe me just try to get permission to coon hunt up here if the owner deer hunts, he will tell you that is what happens.

Old Post 05-27-2017 02:10 AM
SHORN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SHORN Click here to Send SHORN a Private Message Find more posts by SHORN Add SHORN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote