UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Running to the trees
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
Best, you have posted Allens article at least 5 times now.

11, but who's counting. lol.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 06-06-2017 10:49 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by joey
This problem and most others could be solved if we would just follow this simple rule. WHEN ON A HUNT DONT BE A JERK!
Herein lies the problem. Jerks don't know they're jerks. To them everybody else is a jerk. If they weren't, he wouldn't be fussing all the time.

Old Post 06-06-2017 11:38 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

Some really do hunt and enjoy hunting even at an older age and some just computer hunt and slam others, and dont and wont post their names. More than likey there is a reason. No surprise the timing was right! Just glade UKC and others see the same way some of us older ones do.

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
11, but who's counting. lol.

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 06-07-2017 11:16 AM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BEST EVER
Some really do hunt and enjoy hunting even at an older age and some just computer hunt and slam others, and dont and wont post their names. More than likey there is a reason. No surprise the timing was right! Just glade UKC and others see the same way some of us older ones do.

I was just teasing Jim about it being 11 times.

The problem has been going on for awhile and needs to be addressed. Quite a while back, my Dad was in his mid 60's, not in great shape but could still go. He went to a hunt farther north of us to get out of the hills. He drew out with some younger guys and after trying to keep up with them on a couple trees as they were running as he called it, he got almost back to the truck and basically just collapsed in the ditch by the road. He withdrew at that point even though he was leading the cast by a good margin. I guess that's one way to eliminate the competition. He called Todd at UKC the next week and that was about the time that UKC was getting ready to introduce the HTX program. Todd told him about the HTX program and our club held some of the first HTX hunts which Dad really enjoyed. He ended up putting the HTX certification on several dogs and I know he felt good about still being able to do that and appreciated UKC for coming up with that program so that some of the older hunters could still participate in hunting in some capacity.

Old Post 06-07-2017 04:39 PM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

This problem, like babbling and many other complaints you hear about nite hunts, is caused by the same thing that allows babbling to thrive. The rules are in place, they are plain and easy to understand. The procedures involved in dealing with crooked or incompentant judges is also clearly covered in the rule book. And yet casts that walk off from a slow cast member, just like babbling dogs, still exist. The reason is always the same. It just a lot easier to go on endlessly about it on here than it is to deal with it at the time it occurs.
Complaining on here won't fix anything. Calling UKC on Monday won't fix it. You have to follow the procedures as they are written on the back of the card. If the judge refuses to follow those rules, you now have a scratch question. Standing up for your self goes a very long way towards putting it to a stop.
Eight pages of talking about is just so useless.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 06-07-2017 05:09 PM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BEST EVER
Banned

Love it, never thought I would get so many to charm in. It is great as the more that reads, understands how to handle it will help enforce the rule. Last but not least, the more we do enforce the rule the better off all willl be including kids which some thrive on. I have had a ton of calls on this and 99% agrees it is time it is stopped and going to make changes as to how they handle it going foward. Ask nicley and then, well you know!

GRNTCHGRCH PR Super Blue Riptide
GRNITECH 'PR' Prairie Creek Blue Big Horn

Mark Robbins Home : 812-547-1358 cell 812-309-8290
Corey Robbins Cell : 812-608-1645 / Home 812-547-2775

Old Post 06-07-2017 05:21 PM
BEST EVER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BEST EVER Click here to Send BEST EVER a Private Message Find more posts by BEST EVER Add BEST EVER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
harleydan1956
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BEST EVER
Love it, never thought I would get so many to charm in. It is great as the more that reads, understands how to handle it will help enforce the rule. Last but not least, the more we do enforce the rule the better off all willl be including kids which some thrive on. I have had a ton of calls on this and 99% agrees it is time it is stopped and going to make changes as to how they handle it going foward. Ask nicley and then, well you know!

A reminder. I found out the hard way. Had the cast dead to rights, but I withdrew to go to the MOH to complain. Once I withdrew, it is no longer a problem the MOH can listen to. Do NOT WITHDRAW. Even if you win the cast, still take it to the MOH, with any proof. It might stop them the next time they try it.
Cell phone usage, you are not making a phone call, but you can video how far ahead they are if they all gang up on you. Take a video while walking.... it does need to stop.
I appreciate the way Allen emphasized the meanings of the rules. We have backing, now to enforce...

Canton, ohio
330-904-3392

Home of:
Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Moonlight Serenade... Gr. Ch. Nite Ch PR Hillbillys Smokey River Dutch HTX X Gr. Ch. Nite CH. PR Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara
Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Lil Bit of Respect.... Ch. Nite Ch PR Shivers' Magic Lead X GR. Ch. Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Betty Jane
PR. Lethal Blue Tayen Grace..... Nite Ch. Pr Coffins creek running J.R. X Gr Ch Nite Ch PR Lethal Blue Moonlite Serenade.

Gone but never forgotten
Gr. Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Izabell Sitara... Dual Gr. Ch PR Bowens Blue Deuce X Ch. Nite Ch. PR Becky.

Gr Ch Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Betty Jane...... PR. Crites Soggy Bottom Blue Banjo X PR. Mosquito Creek Tree mamma Sis

Gr Ch. Nite Ch. PR. Lethal Blue Rattlin Samantha ... Dual Gr Ch PR Mid Ohio Rattlin Sam X Gr Ch PR. Lethal Blue Jet's Xena

Gr. Ch. Nite Ch Hillbilly's Smokey River Blue Dutch HTX..... Gr. Ch. Gr. Nite Ch Pr. Smokey River Tramp's Blue Lake and Pr. Misty River Blue Doll III.
(Dutch wasn't ours, but he was here and like one of the family)

Pr. Dan's little Porter.... my last beagle...

Last edited by harleydan1956 on 06-07-2017 at 06:03 PM

Old Post 06-07-2017 06:01 PM
harleydan1956 is online now Click Here to See the Profile for harleydan1956 Click here to Send harleydan1956 a Private Message Click Here to Email harleydan1956 Find more posts by harleydan1956 Add harleydan1956 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOSH VAUGHN
UKC Forum Member

Man I'm glad some of the older guys around me didn't have to quit once they got a little slower. I sure learned a lot about coon dogs and competition hunting by hanging back with them just a step or 2. Keep running off and leaving them. A lot of times its like running off and leaving a wealth of good info behind. Of course, the person running already knows everything anyway.

Old Post 06-12-2017 02:31 AM
JOSH VAUGHN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOSH VAUGHN Click here to Send JOSH VAUGHN a Private Message Click Here to Email JOSH VAUGHN Find more posts by JOSH VAUGHN Add JOSH VAUGHN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOSH VAUGHN
UKC Forum Member

Man I'm glad some of the older guys around me didn't have to quit once they got a little slower. I sure learned a lot about coon dogs and competition hunting by hanging back with them just a step or 2. Keep running off and leaving them. A lot of times its like running off and leaving a wealth of good info behind. Of course, the person running already knows everything anyway.

Old Post 06-12-2017 02:31 AM
JOSH VAUGHN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JOSH VAUGHN Click here to Send JOSH VAUGHN a Private Message Click Here to Email JOSH VAUGHN Find more posts by JOSH VAUGHN Add JOSH VAUGHN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Josh are you calling me and Crawfish old fellows Lol ?

Old Post 06-13-2017 02:39 AM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JOSH VAUGHN
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by mike fleming
Josh are you calling me and Crawfish old fellows Lol ?

I was talking about ole "sam".

"Is that sam? I thought I heard sam"

Old Post 06-14-2017 06:28 PM
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

We talk about "young people" and "old people" like they're two different species. We're the same, just in a different time. I used to fuss about old people holding up traffic. Now I'm the guy driving 40 MPH on the highway for 10 miles with my turn signal on. LOL

Old Post 06-14-2017 07:31 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Krystal / UKC

Re: .

quote:
Originally posted by Bruce m. Conkey
Is the important stuff from the Advisor, located on the website?

Bruce..the advisor column is posted in the Coonhound News section on the website monthly

https://www.ukcdogs.com/coonhound-news

Old Post 06-14-2017 08:17 PM
Krystal / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Krystal / UKC Click here to Send Krystal / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Krystal / UKC Find more posts by Krystal / UKC Add Krystal / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
mike fleming
UKC Forum Member

Me and Josh are just having fun.

Old Post 06-14-2017 11:52 PM
mike fleming is offline Click Here to See the Profile for mike fleming Click here to Send mike fleming a Private Message Find more posts by mike fleming Add mike fleming to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike Knuckols
UKC Forum Member

It sounds like we need a senior tour . Most likely if the seniors or slower guys stay out there will only be 3 to 4 dog hunts . Its todays style of dogs causing all this . The younger guys think its an embarrassment for their hound to tree with another so on the first drop there are 4 trees requiring 3 miles of walking for everyone thus the low scores . Most of these deep and lonely dogs are man made beaten and shocked to get away . The sport has changed some for the better and some not so much It would be nice if UKC would lower that senior age to 50

Home of :
CH NITECH Whitemans Poison
GRCH NITECH Cold Traxx Extra Man
CH GRNITECH Kings Hardwood Ranger
UKC CH PKC CH CHKC CH Cold Traxx Man Child
GRNTCH PKC CH Hunt it off Bella
Cold Traxx Southern Honey
Cold Traxx Mattie
Cold Traxx Super Freak

Gone but never forgotten :
NITECH McFarlands Joe
Knuckols Hooker
NITECH Cypress River Chance
NITECH Cypress River Honey
NITECH Cypress River Princess
NITECH Newcombs Miss Molly
NITECH Wilsons Hardwood Ann
GRCH GRNTCH Paulding Forrest Bubba

Old Post 06-19-2017 05:42 AM
Mike Knuckols is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike Knuckols Click here to Send Mike Knuckols a Private Message Click Here to Email Mike Knuckols Find more posts by Mike Knuckols Add Mike Knuckols to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote