UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Black & Tans > who will
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

Discipline level is according to the temperment of the dog.Some take more.Some take less , and some cant take none at all.
U just gotta guage each dog by how they act. Ole Hammer could take it and laugh at ya and forget it and go right back to wagging his tail. If ya get on Drama to hard , she takes longer to bounce back.Thats why it dont take much to get her attention.Just correct em to what they can handle .Every dog is diff.

2011 RQE NEWPORT,TN 5 TH PLACE
2011 WORLD Qualifier
2011 BnT Days Cast Winner
2012 Cast Winner TN State
2012 3 rd Place Grnt,s BNT days
2012 World Qualifier Meigs Cnty RQE 4 rth place
2012 zones Virginia 4rth place
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2013 4th high scoring dog fri night,TN State
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Bigtime Drama
2014 World Qualifier

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 03-10-2015 05:07 AM
toddwicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddwicks Click here to Send toddwicks a Private Message Click Here to Email toddwicks Find more posts by toddwicks Add toddwicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

todd

You don't know me from adam so what I'm going to asy is what I think. The price you posted with what U stated it would get is as fair as it gets. There is a BIG difference in just turning a dog loose in the woods for 3 or 4 nights a week verses HUNTING and Working with a dog every night. BUT in some cases that may be way too much hunting for one dog in a month SO with that said would you consider THIS hunting one of my dogs for $1000 for 2 months huting every other night and with SUNDAY off each week. In my calculations that would be a better deal for you and getting my pot licker some quality hunting and alow you some time with your dogs. NOW for my point say in March the dog would get hunted 13 days so with that in 2 monts U would be better off by 4 days. Just a thought and I'm not a tire kicker. H L Meyer

Old Post 03-12-2015 04:18 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toddwicks
UKC Forum Member

PM sent H.L

2011 RQE NEWPORT,TN 5 TH PLACE
2011 WORLD Qualifier
2011 BnT Days Cast Winner
2012 Cast Winner TN State
2012 3 rd Place Grnt,s BNT days
2012 World Qualifier Meigs Cnty RQE 4 rth place
2012 zones Virginia 4rth place
2012 TOP 100 WORLD HUNT
2013 4th high scoring dog fri night,TN State
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Black Bear
2014 World Qualifier

Nt Ch Hammers Bigtime Drama
2014 World Qualifier

Old Post 03-14-2015 07:18 AM
toddwicks is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toddwicks Click here to Send toddwicks a Private Message Click Here to Email toddwicks Find more posts by toddwicks Add toddwicks to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
H. L. Meyer
UKC Forum Member

Todd

PM sent

Old Post 03-14-2015 04:03 PM
H. L. Meyer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for H. L. Meyer Click here to Send H. L. Meyer a Private Message Click Here to Email H. L. Meyer Find more posts by H. L. Meyer Add H. L. Meyer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
darwin barber
UKC Forum Member

lol doint matter bucket fead or wild coon the best dog will win; either they will drift on a bad track or run with their a head up on a hot track, seen it been there done that.

Old Post 03-27-2015 03:48 PM
darwin barber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for darwin barber Click here to Send darwin barber a Private Message Click Here to Email darwin barber Find more posts by darwin barber Add darwin barber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
River Birch Run
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by DeerSlyer86
its not that I can't hunt him myself. I just got back into hunting after 5-6 yrs of being out I have a nice little hound, but has some kinks that need worked out and needs corrected I'm worried I might do something wrong and would like someone with more experience to correct him the right way..I hate to whip a dog, but I know at times you have to, but you also have to go about it the right way I have the places with thick coons and Im able to hunt every night that weather permits. Now days with internet you hear of ppl that do stuff to their dog and ruin them and that's the last thing I wanna do is ruin him. He is bred to WIN

So let me get this right not only do you want your dog hunted for 30 nights but you want him trained as well for $400. WOW. It takes $1200 to $1500 for that in the real world. But I'm sure you can find plenty of kids or hide hunters to train your dog for you at that price.

Old Post 03-28-2015 01:29 PM
River Birch Run is offline Click Here to See the Profile for River Birch Run Click here to Send River Birch Run a Private Message Find more posts by River Birch Run Add River Birch Run to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Orville White J
UKC Forum Member

For 2 months it cost $1400 to hunt a dog right if he is ready to start. Todd that was a fair price it is worth every $$$$$.

Old Post 03-29-2015 01:53 PM
Orville White J is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Orville White J Click here to Send Orville White J a Private Message Click Here to Email Orville White J Find more posts by Orville White J Add Orville White J to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
DeerSlyer86
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by River Birch Run
So let me get this right not only do you want your dog hunted for 30 nights but you want him trained as well for $400. WOW. It takes $1200 to $1500 for that in the real world. But I'm sure you can find plenty of kids or hide hunters to train your dog for you at that price.
Evidently you can't read

Old Post 03-29-2015 03:26 PM
DeerSlyer86 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for DeerSlyer86 Click here to Send DeerSlyer86 a Private Message Click Here to Email DeerSlyer86 Find more posts by DeerSlyer86 Add DeerSlyer86 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote