UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Rules question
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Rules question

Dog A, B, C, and D are all struck in that order. Dogs A, B, & C are treed in that order. Cast goes to tree, sees coon and pluses the points. Dog D comes into tree, what happens with Dog D’s 25 points?

Now say Dog D doesn’t come into the tree while the cast is still there, but goes into the tree and starts treeing after the cast has scored the tree and has walked away to put the strike time on Dog D before they can recast. What does dog D get done with his 25 strike points?

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-03-2018 03:59 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

How could they know dog D came into tree if they are no longer at the tree?

My thinking is that if dog D comes into that tree before the other dogs are recast, it should be handled and strike points score according to whether a coon was seen or not.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 10-03-2018 04:13 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
How could they know dog D came into tree if they are no longer at the tree?

My thinking is that if dog D comes into that tree before the other dogs are recast, it should be handled and strike points score according to whether a coon was seen or not.

Let’s just say Dog D went to that tree and started treeing after the cast left the tree.

I agree with you on the recast and I think UKC has made a interpretation to that affect in the past.

Someone else is saying once the tree has been scored then it becomes a previously scored tree and if a dog came into it and started treeing their points would be deleted. I know that isn’t right if the cast was at the tree but it did bring up the question of whether the cast had to walk away from the tree or recast the dogs before the tree became a previously scored tree.

Old Post 10-03-2018 04:33 AM
ov_blues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ov_blues Click here to Send ov_blues a Private Message Click Here to Email ov_blues Find more posts by ov_blues Add ov_blues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

If the dog comes in after tree is scored. it should t matter if you're still at the tree or have left the tree. That tree can't be scored again

Old Post 10-03-2018 05:18 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
johnny reb
UKC Forum Member

If the dog comes in after tree is scored. it should t matter if you're still at the tree or have left the tree. That tree can't be scored again

Old Post 10-03-2018 05:18 AM
johnny reb is offline Click Here to See the Profile for johnny reb Click here to Send johnny reb a Private Message Click Here to Email johnny reb Find more posts by johnny reb Add johnny reb to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by johnny reb

You’re not scoring the tree, you are scoring the strike where Dog D was struck in prior to the other dogs getting treed and scored. That’s the question.

Old Post 10-03-2018 05:45 AM
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I think as long as dogs have not been recast, any dog handled at that tree gets scored under rule 5-b.

Old Post 10-03-2018 07:00 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
thomasg
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
I think as long as dogs have not been recast, any dog handled at that tree gets scored under rule 5-b.
once shining time expires tree is scored as previosly scored tree if d comes in or trees on it .recasting has no bearing on dog d s strike points .

Old Post 10-03-2018 09:19 AM
thomasg is offline Click Here to See the Profile for thomasg Click here to Send thomasg a Private Message Click Here to Email thomasg Find more posts by thomasg Add thomasg to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
pamjohnson
UKC Forum Member

I would say after the tree is scored it's a previously scored tree. Common sense rules.

Old Post 10-03-2018 01:42 PM
pamjohnson is offline Click Here to See the Profile for pamjohnson Click here to Send pamjohnson a Private Message Click Here to Email pamjohnson Find more posts by pamjohnson Add pamjohnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bill(Chew)
UKC Forum Member

Until the dogs are recast they are still considered treed. If dog D comes in to that tree before the treed dogs are recast it will be scored coming into a closed tree.

Old Post 10-03-2018 03:31 PM
Bill(Chew) is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bill(Chew) Click here to Send Bill(Chew) a Private Message Click Here to Email Bill(Chew) Find more posts by Bill(Chew) Add Bill(Chew) to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Gonna give you all something to think on. What if it is a possum and the 8 is up?

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE
2021 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2022 PKC WORLD CHAMPION, 2022 MO PKC STATE LEADER

RIP
*GRNITECH PKC SCH REDNECK MAFIA PKC HALL OF FAME REPRODUCER INDUCTED 2022
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 10-03-2018 03:38 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Bill(Chew)
Until the dogs are recast they are still considered treed. If dog D comes in to that tree before the treed dogs are recast it will be scored coming into a closed tree.

No they would be considered leashed.

"TEAM MAFIA"
*NATIONAL GRNITECH GRCH GRNITECH(5) HALL OF FAME PKC PLATIUM CH REDNECK BACKWOODS SHACK
2014 OK STATE CH, 2015 MO PKC LEADER, 2016 PKC NATIONALS SEMIFINALIST, 2016 UKC TOP 20, 2O17 UKC WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP 3RD PLACE, 2018 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4, 2018 MO PKC STATE CHAMPION, 2019 AUTUMN OAKS NATIONAL GRNITE CH, 2019 PKC WORLD CH SEMIFINALIST. 2021 PKC SENIOR SHOWDOWN TRUCK HUNT FINAL 4.
*PKC WORLD CHAMPION PLATNIUM CHAMPION GRNITECH SHACK'S HEATHER ISLAND SOUTHERN STOGIE

RIP
*GRNITECH CH PKC SILVER CH REDNECK SHACK ATTACK aka TAC 2018 OKLAHOMA STATE CHAMPION, 2020 MO PKC STATE LEADER

Old Post 10-03-2018 03:39 PM
Redneck Mafia is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Redneck Mafia Click here to Send Redneck Mafia a Private Message Click Here to Email Redneck Mafia Find more posts by Redneck Mafia Add Redneck Mafia to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by thomasg
once shining time expires tree is scored as previosly scored tree if d comes in or trees on it .recasting has no bearing on dog d s strike points .

Dogs are considered at the tree until they are recast, If he comes in while they are still there he gets his minus if the coon is there. If he comes in after they leave and are recast then its a previously scored tree.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 10-03-2018 03:41 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Gonna give you all something to think on. What if it is a possum and the 8 is up?

Its handled different if its off game, no idea why but it is.

Home Of:

Old Post 10-03-2018 03:43 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by joey
Its handled different if its off game, no idea why but it is.

If it is within the 8 it would fall under UKC mysterious saved by the judge scenario. If before cast arrives scratched if NITECH or GRNITECH cast. But what about after the 8.
Btw IMO if the 8 is up on the tree even if dogs are not gone from tree (dogs would be considered leashed until recast) it is a previous scored tree or anytime before the 8 when cast is satisfied, judge judge has stopped time and determined the scoring of the tree it would then become a previous scored tree even if cast has not recut dogs.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 10-03-2018 04:11 PM
joey
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
If it is within the 8 it would fall under UKC mysterious saved by the judge scenario. If before cast arrives scratched if NITECH or GRNITECH cast. But what about after the 8.
Btw IMO if the 8 is up on the tree even if dogs are not gone from tree (dogs would be considered leashed until recast) it is a previous scored tree or anytime before the 8 when cast is satisfied, judge judge has stopped time and determined the scoring of the tree it would then become a previous scored tree even if cast has not recut dogs.

Thats not how UKC has ruled on it in the past although your thought on it makes perfectly good sense. The dogs are considered treed until they are recast. So you are leading away from a tree and it was circled, a dog comes into the cast. It doesn't get minus it gets circled the same as it would if it had walked up to the tree. Because they are still considered treed until they are recast. If they had a coon the dog gets minus, same as if he came into the tree. So with a possum for some strange reason they do not get minus for coming into a tree. So there for they wouldn't get it if your leading away either.

Home Of:

Old Post 10-03-2018 04:39 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

Hummm

Wonder if policy has changed since the advisor 2nd edition was printed other than 8 minutes on shine time--page 51?

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 10-03-2018 05:00 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hummm

quote:
Originally posted by HERSHSHUNTIN
Wonder if policy has changed since the advisor 2nd edition was printed other than 8 minutes on shine time--page 51?

Not that I know of.

Old Post 10-03-2018 05:11 PM
ov_blues
UKC Forum Member

Re: Hummm

quote:
Originally posted by HERSHSHUNTIN

What does it say?

Old Post 10-03-2018 06:15 PM
Night Shift
UKC Forum Member

What does dogs being on a leash have to do with rather tree is considered scored. If a tree is plused it’s a scored tree in my opinion. So if a dog comes in it falls under rule H of a previously scored tree.

You may stand there 7 minutes waiting on the dog to bark so the other 3 can recast and then it decides to come in. So let’s say 7 minutes of shine time was used before coon was seen and plused then 7 minutes of standing and waiting on dog D to strike. That’s 14 minutes a tree is open to take minus on strike. Makes no sense to me.

Gr Nt Ch Maniac's Dark Side of the Moon

Last edited by Night Shift on 10-03-2018 at 06:22 PM

Old Post 10-03-2018 06:19 PM
Night Shift is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Night Shift Click here to Send Night Shift a Private Message Click Here to Email Night Shift Find more posts by Night Shift Add Night Shift to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
nextcoonhunters
UKC Forum Member

recast

Okay I think once the tree is scored it's done, but what if you guys are right and not until they are recast. a couple of ?s. so 3 dogs tree and are scored 4 dog is on the paper with strike points you walk away from scored tree listen for dog put 8 on dog next time he barks you can tell he is treed on the scored tree, but handler knows this so he doesn't tree, do you recut your dogs or not? what happens to his strike points? next ? same thing 3 nite champs treed done nothing seen, you walk away last dog 7 min. later opens treed on same tree now a possum is up that same tree what the heck do you do? one last ? 3 dogs done you leave last dog trees no coon the first time but coon now?

Old Post 10-03-2018 07:03 PM
nextcoonhunters is offline Click Here to See the Profile for nextcoonhunters Click here to Send nextcoonhunters a Private Message Find more posts by nextcoonhunters Add nextcoonhunters to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

Rules

Dogs tree on tree, shine times expires, no coon seen. Walking away from tree hunters look back, coon looking right at them. Rules rule!

Old Post 10-03-2018 07:57 PM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: recast

According to what you all are saying is that a tree is not considered a "previous scored tree" until the dogs or dog that was treeing on it are turned loose. So if you are now wondering around waiting on a dog with the 8 running to open or in the case where you can lead until you are comfortable to turn loose your tree is not previously scored even though you are now no longer anywhere near it. UKC if this is the case you need a different clarification because this makes less since than being saved by the judge on a possum thing lol.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 10-03-2018 08:10 PM
Redneck Mafia
UKC Moderator

Re: Rules

quote:
Originally posted by swamp1
Dogs tree on tree, shine times expires, no coon seen. Walking away from tree hunters look back, coon looking right at them. Rules rule!

Absolutely! They can say whatever but that tree is scored, dead, and now a previously scored tree even if your dog is on the lead.
According to the way they are putting it is not a previous scored tree if you are on lead and not considered one until whoever was on it turns their dog loose. So if that is the case a dog that hasn't opened with the 8 running or another dog that was treed somewhere else comes in and falls treed there they could be scored.

"TEAM MAFIA"

RIP

Old Post 10-03-2018 08:16 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Hummm

quote:
Originally posted by ov_blues
What does it say?

a) Coon is found before shining time expires.
Immediately after the point where a majority of the cast has plainly seen the coon without question--it becomes or is considered a ''previously'' scored tree.
b)Cast members suspend the search before shining time expires without finding a coon.
Immediately after the point when all cast members are satisfied to quit the search-it becomes a ''previously'' scored tree.
c) Shining time expires and no coon is found.
Immediately following the 8 minutes expiration of shining time-it becomes or is considered a ''previously'' scored tree.

this was taken out of the advisor 2nd edition on pages 51 & 52 the whole question on previously scored trees is there to read, I did change from 10 minutes to 8 minutes shine time.--it would take me all afternoon to quote the whole question & their reply.--lol--I know a lot will disagree with the ruling--but its not mine.
in the end it looks like delete strike points to the dog coming in after the tree is scored to me.

hershtwo@yahoo.com
Life member NRA
Current dogs
GR CH NT CH RED MIGHTY 90-Bo/Sierra
NT.CH.GR CH BEYOND BILLY HTX --Billy the Kid/ Amber
GR CH 1ST & 2ND place wins 90/4 LIFE GUN-HTX==-Willy BOY/Bigtime Britt
Dogs I have owned
Nt ch Gr ch HERSHS HUNTIN RED IKE
NT CH CH HERSHS HUNTIN BUDDY
GR NT CH MILLERS DIRTY RED
NT CH CH LYNN'S CREEK JULIE
GR CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED KATE
CH NITE CH AMBRAW RIVER TIMBER ROCK
NT CH HERSHS HUNTIN RED CLEM
NT CH ROCKY TOP CHERRY

Old Post 10-03-2018 08:21 PM
HERSHSHUNTIN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HERSHSHUNTIN Click here to Send HERSHSHUNTIN a Private Message Click Here to Email HERSHSHUNTIN Find more posts by HERSHSHUNTIN Add HERSHSHUNTIN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote