UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > UKC Honer Rules
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
wjoey
Banned

UKC Honer Rules

The rules that UKC has in place worked very well for a lot of years because Honor used to mean something among coon hunters, but now it does not mean near as much and some will say not at all. Back in the 80s you never heard anyone complain of getting cheated , then the $$ hunts came along another registry or 2 with different rules and a whole new group of people. It started out with this rule and that rule needs changing then technology evolved and a whole new set of problems occurred . You could sit down today and re write every rule UKC has and you would still find those that will find a loop hole, There are no such things as a perfect set of rules , common sense sportsmanship and being able to lose as gracefully as you win will go a long way in this sport .

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!
Nt ch ch Insane Minnie MouseInsane cain x Malden Branch Mouse

HOME OF 2 TIME AQHA HORSE OF THE YEAR
World champion working cow horse snaffle bit
SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION
Top 16 NCHA WORLD Champion
Home of GHSRA All Around Cowboy Champion Chris wilbanks

Jerico Rebel our Movie star horse hes been in three films now 35 years old
Just passed away February 4th 2016

MY OLD DOGS GONE BUT NEVER FORGOTTEN
The one I will allways miss now deceased 01/09/2013
GR CH GRAND NT CH Handosme Trudy
SIRE PKC WLD CH GR NT WHATS UP DOC
DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

GRCH GR NT CH COBBLER CREEK WENDY
GR NT STYLISH TUFF - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER
GR NT STYLISH TACK - WENDY X STYLISH LIPPER

NT CH SOUTHERN STYLE - JP'S HIGH STYLE X HOUSES LADY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-26-2018 10:50 PM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Joe Wilbanks

Exactly, when the honor goes out of the honor rules, we need clarity in every rule. We can no longer count on the honor system to get us through the GREY areas. Dave

Old Post 09-26-2018 11:59 PM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Dave I been saying this a long time. As long and as many years as me and joe been moh for ukc. We both have hunted in the $$$ hunts quite a bit. This is our opinion if they didn't have the ( deterent ) rules in place you would be reading about way more scandles than you do. Those guys make ther living in those hunts it's no different than a man putting in extra effort to get a bonus at work. And for the most part if they implement these new programs we are 95 % of their help I would not expect any moh to be put in a position of awarding Sombody a win they did not deserve over Sombody that did deserve it because of one of these grey areas. And who will get the blame the moh will !! That's my vent what I think means 0% or less if I know a tornado is coming I am getting in the fraydie hole before it gets here jmo.

Tar

Old Post 09-27-2018 12:18 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
JiM
UKC Forum Member

I don't believe UKC"s rules are nearly as grey as many want to think they are.

AKC/UKC GrNtCh Sizemore's Timber Jam Jessi 12/21/04 to 1/21/2011 R.I.P.

Old Post 09-27-2018 12:21 AM
JiM is offline Click Here to See the Profile for JiM Click here to Send JiM a Private Message Click Here to Email JiM Find more posts by JiM Add JiM to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

Jim only thing me and you got to worry about being a grey area is our hair lol.

Tar

Old Post 09-27-2018 12:41 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
swamp1
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by JiM
I don't believe UKC"s rules are nearly as grey as many want to think they are.
X2, its not the rules thats the problem around here. Its the people running the monopoly game. Them and their pawns and if needed a cellphone gonna make sure certain people don't win,period. Cheats, dishonesty and proud of it. Stroke'n that ego,lol. They could care less about, honor.

Old Post 09-27-2018 12:59 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Hall
UKC Forum Member

Joey I don’t agree with your recollection of how great it was hunting UKC in the 80”s. Lot of bad casts and fortunately a lot of good ones as well. When we lost non hunting judges early in the decade it changed significantly for the worse. I don’t miss those days at all.

I’ve hunted 13 or 14 $KC casts this year and won 5 of them. Not a great wining percentage but I’m hunting a year old pup in the open division. Where typically you will draw extremely tough dogs and handlers at the Wyatt, Topeka and Hamilton IN clubs I’ve visited.

Take a guess how many bad casts I had out of this years hunts? Zero. Three questions on separate casts that we voted on and the matter was ended and scored per the majority. I never had a run of good casts like that in the 80s and I hunted a bunch of them.

I applaud UKC attempting to change up the format and re energize the registry. I hope our local club will begin scheduling UKC events again and the attendance goes up.

Old Post 09-27-2018 02:00 AM
Larry Hall is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Hall Click here to Send Larry Hall a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Hall Find more posts by Larry Hall Add Larry Hall to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I learned lots of lessons in the late 80’s as a young man from those honest guys of yesteryear.

Us whipper snappers today can’t even begin to cheat like them old timers.

I would sure love to go back to some of those old cast and enjoy getting screwed like that again. As much as it hurts to think back on them I still got to laugh about how green I was and how much more fun it was then

Old Post 09-27-2018 03:02 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by high ridge
I learned lots of lessons in the late 80’s as a young man from those honest guys of yesteryear.

I would sure love to go back to some of those old cast and enjoy getting screwed like that again. As much as it hurts to think back on them I still got to laugh about how green I was and how much more fun it was then

You just got beat back then and since you were green thought you got cheated🤗🤗🤗

UKC PREFORMANCE SIRE Nt ch pkc ch BAM BAM The only one out of WORLD CH BIG D X GRNT SKIPPERS UMFORGIVEN SAIGE she has 21 pups 4nt ch 5 grnt ch thats 42.85%
He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 09-27-2018 03:27 AM
wjoey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wjoey Click here to Send wjoey a Private Message Find more posts by wjoey Add wjoey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
high ridge
UKC Forum Member

I pretty sure drawing for short straws or pulling the right paper with CW out of cup was on the up and up lol.

What I never could figure is why this one guy always won those. Lol. Now looking back he was the one we let fix the straws and mark the paper lol

I not even remotely brave enough to try the stuff they did. Lol

Fake coon eyes falling out of a tree one night I thought was going to get a man killed

Old Post 09-27-2018 03:31 AM
high ridge is offline Click Here to See the Profile for high ridge Click here to Send high ridge a Private Message Click Here to Email high ridge Find more posts by high ridge Add high ridge to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

quote:
I pretty sure drawing for short straws or pulling the right paper with CW out of cup was on the up and up lol.

What I never could figure is why this one guy always won those. Lol. Now looking back he was the one we let fix the straws and mark the paper lol

I not even remotely brave enough to try the stuff they did. Lol

Fake coon eyes falling out of a tree one night I thought was going to get a man killed

yep that happened then and still does now ,I can’t argue with you on that one 😬😬😬

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 09-27-2018 03:37 AM
swamp1
Banned

quote:

Ain't it the truth! It wasn't so much being green, as it was just flat out getting cheated by some of the big name kennel names, still nowdays. Still won my share fair,but I didn't take no wooden nickels laying down. I got shafted by HOF'ers more than once. I'll never forget my first $kc hunt in early 90's I got it good by bigtime walker kennel man and when I got in truck after hunt with bigtime English man I rode with, he put his hands on steering wheel and said, the way l got it figured, you won this cast. Well on paper, l won what the bear grabbed at. Lol. I let'm know it too back at club that night and everytime after. Got a big target on my back today still because of it, but some still wanta draw me. gotta love it. 😂

Old Post 09-27-2018 03:46 AM
swamp1 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for swamp1 Click here to Send swamp1 a Private Message Find more posts by swamp1 Add swamp1 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Billy Carter

Now you have gone and put a pin in the balloon, I heard it pop way down here in the mountains. Lol. Wonder why some really liked them good old days so much, and I guess We ALL know now. Dave

Old Post 09-27-2018 03:51 AM
Dave Richards is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Dave Richards Click here to Send Dave Richards a Private Message Click Here to Email Dave Richards Find more posts by Dave Richards Add Dave Richards to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Re: Billy Carter

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Now you have gone and put a pin in the balloon, I heard it pop way down here in the mountains. Lol. Wonder why some really liked them good old days so much, and I guess We ALL know now. Dave
you know dave back in the 70 and 80s I saw some pretty good fights if you cheated someone you better be able to whip em or just take your loosing and go on there was no social media stuff to hide behind🤔

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 09-27-2018 03:58 AM
roco7452
UKC Forum Member

Re: Re: Billy Carter

quote:
Originally posted by wjoey
you know dave back in the 70 and 80s I saw some pretty good fights if you cheated someone you better be able to whip em or just take your loosing and go on there was no social media stuff to hide behind🤔
And everyone wonders why young hunter membership is declining, Huh.

Old Post 09-27-2018 05:39 AM
roco7452 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for roco7452 Click here to Send roco7452 a Private Message Click Here to Email roco7452 Find more posts by roco7452 Add roco7452 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Dave Richards
UKC Forum Member

Honor rules

Joe, I kind of like that instant justice myself, just don't think it's proper in this day and time. Bad things happened back in the day and still happen today, hopefully, the more attention is brought to these issues, the more they can be eliminated. Hunters need to unite and refuse to tolerate CHEATING in our sport. Dave

Old Post 09-27-2018 06:59 AM
Chuck Allen
UKC Forum Member

My buddy Pat and I hunted a RKC hunt tonight 4 dog cast 3 of them related, treed a den tree with flying squirrels in it , then treed 1 coon in a oak and then treed a possum and a coon in the same tree. LOL we decided to scratch all 4 dogs behind their ears and head to the truck and drink coffee. We have never had a cross word at a RKC hunt.

When the law of the land becomes unjust outlaws will rise to take their place in history.

Old Post 09-27-2018 07:48 AM
Chuck Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Chuck Allen Click here to Send Chuck Allen a Private Message Find more posts by Chuck Allen Add Chuck Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wjoey
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Billy Carter

quote:
Originally posted by roco7452
And everyone wonders why young hunter membership is declining, Huh.
This was before you young folks were even born but some of you need a good butt kicking just sayin

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 09-27-2018 02:41 PM
wjoey
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Allen
My buddy Pat and I hunted a RKC hunt tonight 4 dog cast 3 of them related, treed a den tree with flying squirrels in it , then treed 1 coon in a oak and then treed a possum and a coon in the same tree. LOL we decided to scratch all 4 dogs behind their ears and head to the truck and drink coffee. We have never had a cross word at a RKC hunt.
And who won out of this fine group of hounds I bet it was 1 of the 3 related

He is a coon dog!

SMART LITTLE LEGEND
ETCHA CHAMPION
HCHA CHAMPION

DAM GR NT HUTCHINS SUGAR

Old Post 09-27-2018 02:42 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Billy Carter

quote:
This was before you young folks were even born but some of you need a good butt kicking just sayin

Lol the Mongolian death lock lmbo.

Tar

Old Post 09-27-2018 02:57 PM
swamp1
Banned

Re: Re: Billy Carter

quote:
Whip'em ? Back then I seen if you struck or treed another mans dog, he'd tell ya quick if ya said it was your dog again, he was gonna cut your blankty head off, 😂. Those were the days! Theres some hunt'n other kc hunts now barred from kc's for pulling pistols to keep from getting skent up for it.
Lol.

Old Post 09-27-2018 03:05 PM
yadkintar
Banned

Yadkintarson wax on wax off whaaaaaaaaaaa chop chop lol.

Tar

Old Post 09-27-2018 03:11 PM
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I competed in my first hunts back in the 80’s , not as long in the tooth as some of you but not a new comer either. I have seen great dog work and handlers with sportsmanship over the years and I have seen fake eyes and judges paid hundreds of dollars to do certain things. My take has always been is that we need to hold ourself and our cast to the level of honor we expect. I see plenty of good sportsmanship in today’s hunts of all registries. A lot of it seems to be a reflection of how u conduct yourself. If you treat others with respect and fairness, they most generally do the same.

What I don’t really think is a redo of a rule that doesn’t fit someone all the time. I’ve caught a bad break that cost me before and I’ve got a break at the right time that helped me, it’s part of the game. Right or wrong “ The best dog doesn’t always win” and sometimes it’s a “opinion” of how things should have gone that cause the question. JMO

Last edited by Sonny Phipps on 09-27-2018 at 08:51 PM

Old Post 09-27-2018 03:32 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

Re: Honor rules

quote:
Originally posted by Dave Richards
Joe, I kind of like that instant justice myself, just don't think it's proper in this day and time. Bad things happened back in the day and still happen today, hopefully, the more attention is brought to these issues, the more they can be eliminated. Hunters need to unite and refuse to tolerate CHEATING in our sport. Dave

I agree but it is hard to weed out the cheats when they are elected to boards and let to be incharge and involved at a high level of our sport.........

Old Post 09-27-2018 03:40 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Larry Atherton
UKC Forum Member

I have to agree with high ridge. The cheating was much more out in the open. I often heard old-timers brag back at the club house how they cheated the young guys. The worst part was they sounded awful proud of them selves. In fact they were so proud they often described the events with great detail.

I asked one how he could sleep at night knowing his own bad behavior. He responded I sleep like a baby. Yes, I was naive, but with lessons like that it didn't take me long to understand basic human nature.

I actually witnessed much worse. Those are some of the reasons I quit nite hunts soon after I started. It took a buddy years later a great deal of pleading to get me to go back.

I will admit I only started enjoying hunts when I started to not take bull from other handlers.

Aim small miss small

Old Post 09-27-2018 04:01 PM
Larry Atherton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Larry Atherton Click here to Send Larry Atherton a Private Message Click Here to Email Larry Atherton Visit Larry Atherton's homepage! Find more posts by Larry Atherton Add Larry Atherton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote