UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Babblers
Pages (3): « 1 2 [3]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Donnie Stevens
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Richard Lambert
Every handler should know that if they strike their dog under the minute, that they are taking a chance on getting minused

In UKC babbling is babbling before the minute or after is irrelevant

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 09-26-2018 12:27 AM
Donnie Stevens is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Donnie Stevens Click here to Send Donnie Stevens a Private Message Find more posts by Donnie Stevens Add Donnie Stevens to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

Oh my goodness, in UKC dogs have one minute to babble and they don't have to be struck. I call that the 1 minute babbling rule. Have I been using the wrong terminology? What do y'all call the one minute babbling rule?
I guess that it is kinda like the Stationary rule. UKC only has an "obviously treed" rule. Nowhere does it say anything about a dog being stationary. But everyone calls it the "Stationary" rule.

Old Post 09-26-2018 12:41 AM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
yadkintar
Banned

It depends on how you look at it if you make one drop you got one minute to babble if you make four drops you got four minutes to babble lol.

Tar

Old Post 09-26-2018 12:44 AM
yadkintar is offline Click Here to See the Profile for yadkintar Click here to Send yadkintar a Private Message Click Here to Email yadkintar Find more posts by yadkintar Add yadkintar to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Redneck Mafia
Wrong, UKC does not have a 1 min babbling rule. The minute in UKC is only in place to protect the handler from being forced to strike his or her dog on or before the 3rd bark in the first minute of the hunt, essentially if a dog does loose bark upon casting and barks more than 3 times has not been forced to strike like they are in other times of the hunt. A dog can be minused at anytime of the hunt if the dog is determined to be babbling the minute has nothing to do with whether or not to minus. The so called "minute babbling rule" may be one of the most misused, misapplied and misunderstood rules they have.

Tar, Richard is still grieving it may take a while for him to get over it. I may need to send some of those brownies for snacks in the winniebago to cheer him up.

I GUESS I,M WRONG ON THAT 4.C EXPLAINS THAT ....BUT WHEN THE H... DO YOU DETERMINE IF A DOG IS BABBLING .. FROM NOW ON I,M STRKING MY DOG .....THATS PLAIN MESSED UP .....IF HES 200YARDS IN THE WOODS AND OPENS HOW CAN YOU TELL IF HES BABBLING ..
BUT IF I TURN MY DOG LOOSE ,,I KNOW IF HE/SHES GOT A TRACK ..AND SO DO ALL THE OTHERS ..BUT I,M GETTING THE STRIKE FROM NOW ON...GOOD LUCK

Old Post 09-26-2018 01:36 AM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Team Mafia 2
UKC Forum Member

You just have to hope and pray that the judge that was selected for you is competent enough to make the correct call...Especially when a spot in the final is on the line. I guess that next year I will bring a dog that breaks slow so that dogs don’t bark behind him and he won’t be through the country struck under the minute. Ol Slow and steady 4th and 4th type that’s what I’m gonna start packing that way no one has to worry. Just give me 25 here and 25 there.

Dalton Cummings
918-533-6545

Old Post 09-26-2018 01:36 AM
Team Mafia 2 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Team Mafia 2 Click here to Send Team Mafia 2 a Private Message Click Here to Email Team Mafia 2 Find more posts by Team Mafia 2 Add Team Mafia 2 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Team Mafia 2
You just have to hope and pray that the judge that was selected for you is competent enough to make the correct call...Especially when a spot in the final is on the line. I guess that next year I will bring a dog that breaks slow so that dogs don’t bark behind him and he won’t be through the country struck under the minute. Ol Slow and steady 4th and 4th type that’s what I’m gonna start packing that way no one has to worry. Just give me 25 here and 25 there.

BUT YOU KNOW WHAT???

WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND .....I,LL GET THAT JUDGE AT THE NEXT HUNT

Old Post 09-26-2018 01:43 AM
AndyMiller is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AndyMiller Click here to Send AndyMiller a Private Message Click Here to Email AndyMiller Find more posts by AndyMiller Add AndyMiller to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

Why are some people tying the "one minute rule" to the "babbling rule"?

Old Post 09-26-2018 03:53 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Richard Lambert
UKC Forum Member

What is the "one minute rule" for? Isn't it so dogs can babble for one minute and not be penalized? That makes it the "one minute to babble rule".

Old Post 09-26-2018 04:08 PM
Richard Lambert is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Richard Lambert Click here to Send Richard Lambert a Private Message Click Here to Email Richard Lambert Find more posts by Richard Lambert Add Richard Lambert to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BLAKE WHEELER
UKC Forum Member

How many of you have minused a dog for babbling say 3 minutes after cutting loose?

Old Post 09-26-2018 04:25 PM
BLAKE WHEELER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BLAKE WHEELER Click here to Send BLAKE WHEELER a Private Message Click Here to Email BLAKE WHEELER Find more posts by BLAKE WHEELER Add BLAKE WHEELER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shadinc
UKC Forum Member

I read on here, if you strike your dog before the minute you better be sure he's got a track. That applies anytime. It has nothing to do with one minute. If you strike him at 55 seconds it's no different than if you strike him at 65 seconds.

Old Post 09-26-2018 05:10 PM
shadinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shadinc Click here to Send shadinc a Private Message Click Here to Email shadinc Find more posts by shadinc Add shadinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BLAKE WHEELER
How many of you have minused a dog for babbling say 3 minutes after cutting loose?

you have to strike him after the first minute no matter what
thats y i cant understand it.s messed up

Old Post 09-26-2018 10:09 PM
AndyMiller
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by BLAKE WHEELER

you have to strike him after the first minute no matter what
thats y i cant understand it.s messed up

Old Post 09-26-2018 10:09 PM
TylerOSU
UKC Forum Member

Tight mouth

Here's the deal. I have a tight mouth dog and am lucky to get struck for anything but a quarter but he's 100% honest. Say we cut and mine barks 42 seconds in and I strike him then works a track 2-300 yards not saying a word and falls treed more than likely ill take a babbling minus. Another thing is that he absolutely hates other dogs covering and I've noticed that when he opens and dogs come to check him out he shuts his mouth and the next time you hear him he's treed. It's kind of a screwed up deal really. One of those no proof rules...