UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > How Many Coonhunters That Post On This Forum Have A Facebook Account?
How Many Coonhunters That Post On This Forum Have A Facebook Account?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes, I have a Facebook account in my name 254 54.86%
No, I don't have a Facebook account 209 45.14%
Total: 463 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

How Many Coonhunters That Post On This Forum Have A Facebook Account?

First of all....what's your guess as to how many people that post on this site have an actual Facebook account in their name? I'm guessing less than half but I might be surprised.

Just so you know, I voted no. I don't have a Facebook account.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 05-07-2015 08:48 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

I'd say its more than you think. I'd say half maybe more.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 05-07-2015 08:51 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Todd K / UKC
Administrator

And for the record I'm not suggesting it's good or bad. I'm just curious.

Old Post 05-07-2015 08:58 PM
Todd K / UKC is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Todd K / UKC Click here to Send Todd K / UKC a Private Message Click Here to Email Todd K / UKC Find more posts by Todd K / UKC Add Todd K / UKC to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
RLenhart
UKC Forum Member

I voted no, the only social media I function on is this board LOL but I'm not surprised at the numbers at all. It's the way the world turns today. There was a thread on here not to long ago wanting easy entry APs LOL

Old Post 05-07-2015 09:09 PM
RLenhart is offline Click Here to See the Profile for RLenhart Click here to Send RLenhart a Private Message Find more posts by RLenhart Add RLenhart to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jeff Prince
UKC Forum Member

I think you could add a third choice. Have one but never use it . I know quite a few in this category myself included

Old Post 05-07-2015 09:47 PM
Jeff Prince is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jeff Prince Click here to Send Jeff Prince a Private Message Click Here to Email Jeff Prince Find more posts by Jeff Prince Add Jeff Prince to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
warn
UKC Forum Member

no facebook for me

Mark Warner

"HOME OF PREDAWN KENNELS"

http://www.tekonshathunder.homestead.com

Old Post 05-07-2015 09:47 PM
warn is offline Click Here to See the Profile for warn Click here to Send warn a Private Message Click Here to Email warn Find more posts by warn Add warn to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MR.RATMAN
Banned

let me take a stab in the dark the forum is going to be leaving and going to face book

Old Post 05-07-2015 09:49 PM
MR.RATMAN is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MR.RATMAN Click here to Send MR.RATMAN a Private Message Click Here to Email MR.RATMAN Find more posts by MR.RATMAN Add MR.RATMAN to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

Don't have one and its not the place to post your kills for sure. The anti's buddy up with anyone they can to promote their cause.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Last edited by Robert Johnson on 05-08-2015 at 12:58 PM

Old Post 05-07-2015 10:29 PM
Robert Johnson is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Slowpoke 2012
UKC Forum Member

Facebook won't replace a well run website.

PR. Missouri Hi-Dollar Slowpoke HTX

PR. Missouri Nite Hunt Hitman - R.I.P
08-08-2013 - 07-15-2015
Starved to death by a S.O.B named Austin Tibbits.

American Black and Tan Coon Hounds
----------------------------------------------------------

Nt.Ch. "PR." Wildside's BugEyed Betty (W)

Matthew Fann
816-565-1660

Old Post 05-07-2015 10:38 PM
Slowpoke 2012 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Slowpoke 2012 Click here to Send Slowpoke 2012 a Private Message Click Here to Email Slowpoke 2012 Find more posts by Slowpoke 2012 Add Slowpoke 2012 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jason Baldwin
UKC Forum Member

I do. The helium app is awesome.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John3:16

Old Post 05-07-2015 10:39 PM
Jason Baldwin is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jason Baldwin Click here to Send Jason Baldwin a Private Message Find more posts by Jason Baldwin Add Jason Baldwin to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
shorecooner
UKC Forum Member

Facebook is the best free advertising in the world right now. I have a personal account, and I manage our CHC's page. I'm just getting started helping another club with a new page. Nice place to advertise events and post pictures and results.

Old Post 05-07-2015 11:07 PM
shorecooner is offline Click Here to See the Profile for shorecooner Click here to Send shorecooner a Private Message Click Here to Email shorecooner Find more posts by shorecooner Add shorecooner to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HOBO
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Robert Johnson
Don't have one and its not the place to ost your kills for sure. The anti's buddy up with anyone they can to promote their cause.

They don't need Facebook for that, we give them all the ammo they need here.

Ch.Swampmusic Lil Bit Sassy
Ch.Swampmusic Misty Shadow
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Boone
Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Pride

But Looking To The Future...

Nt.Ch.Gr.Ch.Swampmusic Big Hoss

Dennis Robinson
Cell 540-295-3892

Old Post 05-07-2015 11:11 PM
HOBO is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HOBO Click here to Send HOBO a Private Message Click Here to Email HOBO Visit HOBO's homepage! Find more posts by HOBO Add HOBO to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
chuck west
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Slowpoke 2012
Facebook won't replace a well run website.

I agree with what your saying ,I have Facebook but I don't think it is the best place to me ,might even drop my account .

Gold Life member of G.P.A.A. #257936
Member of The Lost Dutchman's Mining Association #02890729

Old Post 05-07-2015 11:14 PM
chuck west is offline Click Here to See the Profile for chuck west Click here to Send chuck west a Private Message Find more posts by chuck west Add chuck west to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ole hoss
UKC Forum Member

Facebook is like life its self. You get out of it what you surround your self with. 90% of my friends on facebook coon hunt and when i look at my facebook i see nothing but coon dogs treed, coon hunters talking about their last nights hunt. When somebody starts posting some bs i just unfriend them. That easy.

Old Post 05-07-2015 11:44 PM
ole hoss is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ole hoss Click here to Send ole hoss a Private Message Click Here to Email ole hoss Find more posts by ole hoss Add ole hoss to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
J I Allen
UKC Forum Member

I have one, but very seldom use it. Mostly when a friend post I will check out the post they made.

Old Post 05-08-2015 12:06 AM
J I Allen is offline Click Here to See the Profile for J I Allen Click here to Send J I Allen a Private Message Find more posts by J I Allen Add J I Allen to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
blackflagginit
UKC Forum Member

I don't have one. I used too, but I just couldn't deal with "stalker.com"

*billy jack

It is well that war is so terrible, otherwise we should grow too fond of it.

Robert E. Lee

Old Post 05-08-2015 01:18 AM
blackflagginit is offline Click Here to See the Profile for blackflagginit Click here to Send blackflagginit a Private Message Click Here to Email blackflagginit Find more posts by blackflagginit Add blackflagginit to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wvbushwacker
UKC Forum Member

I have to hear about all the drama that goes on on facebook and that's bad enough. Never had one and don't plan on getting one. The friends I do have I have there phone numbers and if I wanna talk to them I just pick up the phone and call them.

'PR' MachineGun Mac

Old Post 05-08-2015 01:52 AM
wvbushwacker is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wvbushwacker Click here to Send wvbushwacker a Private Message Click Here to Email wvbushwacker Find more posts by wvbushwacker Add wvbushwacker to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
MIKE CARDER
UKC Forum Member

nope

Never had it.

Phone number 270-820-5560

Old Post 05-08-2015 01:58 AM
MIKE CARDER is offline Click Here to See the Profile for MIKE CARDER Click here to Send MIKE CARDER a Private Message Click Here to Email MIKE CARDER Find more posts by MIKE CARDER Add MIKE CARDER to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Bowers
UKC Forum Member

I have it. You would be supprise how many coon hunters on face book. Top dog's , handlers. Stud dog owners.
All my coon hunting friends are on.
Allso all your venders.

PKC SCH UKC DUAL GRAND TOUCAN SAM SEMEN

Also home to;ACHA LWSCH 'PR' Kentucky River Mundar ~ Sire is Kentucky River Rowdy (frozen Semen) BMOB 2013 Winter Classic
House's Lipper Hope x Kentucky River Rowdy
Broken Road's LITTLE TEXAS
LIPPERS STYLISH ROOSTER AT STUD
LIPPERS LITTLE TEXAS AT STUD.

"The WILL of God will never take you where the GRACE of God can not protect you

Old Post 05-08-2015 02:47 AM
Doug Bowers is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Bowers Click here to Send Doug Bowers a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Bowers Find more posts by Doug Bowers Add Doug Bowers to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Surveyor
UKC Forum Member

There are people who don't have a facebook account?

2 time world finalist, 10th overall and high scoring Bluetick of the 2010 UKC World Coonhound Championship
NASHOBA VALLEY PIAZON, (RIP)
his littermate brother
UKC NT CH SHEPPARDS NORTHERN
BLUE LONER (RIP)
UKC GR NT CH RATTLERS BLUE SKY (RIP)
UKC Gr NT CH, PKC Ch Sheppard's Northern Blue Abbie, (PiazonxSky) UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Sheppards Northern Blue Punkin (PiazonXAlice) High scoring Bluetick of the 2015 (50th anniversary) Grand American, 2017 National Grand Nite Champion of breed, 2017 BBOA zone 4 Nite hunt dog of the year. Queen of hunt on 2019 Grand National Bluetick Reunion, 5th place and High Scoring Bluetick of 2019 UKC world Nite hunt Championship, 2019 Triple Crown Winner.
UKC GR NT CH 'pr' Mckintosh's Blue Flame Chopper
Gr Nt Ch Sheppards Northern Blue Goomba (Piazon X Dizzie) 14th place 2017 UKC world coon hound championship 100 purina point cast wins in 2018
and several other blueticks of lesser accomplishments

Old Post 05-08-2015 03:14 AM
Surveyor is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Surveyor Click here to Send Surveyor a Private Message Click Here to Email Surveyor Find more posts by Surveyor Add Surveyor to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jackson87
UKC Forum Member

I just recently got a Facebook account.I was blown away at all the coon hunters on there.Alot of the guys who used to be on here regularly are on there daily.Also posting picks and videos of the dogs is 10 times easier.

Old Post 05-08-2015 03:23 AM
Jackson87 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jackson87 Click here to Send Jackson87 a Private Message Find more posts by Jackson87 Add Jackson87 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Autumn Clements
UKC Forum Member

I have a Facebook account.
It's a lot easier to restrict who sees your hunting pics on their than there is say in a message board

'PR'LEAD'S MIDNITE SASSY
CFC CH Canadian GCH Multi Group Placing MBPIG BBPIG LEGACYK STANNYFIELD PRIME TIME (AKC & UKC Pointed)
BPIG MBBPIG WINDAMIRS RED LIGHT DISTRICT V AMBERLANE
LEGACYK DARE TO DREAM V CBLUES
LEGACYK WHITE AS A GHOST V CBLUES

Gone but not forgotten
GRNITECH GRCH PKC CH'PR'CLEMENTS' BLUE PRANCER

GRNITECH GRCH'PR'SPIKE'S TWILITE HOOKER
'PR'PRANCER'S GETTIN DOWN N DIRTY (PrancerxHooker)
NITECH CH’PR’BUELL’S BLUE ROCKY(Whitey x Spice)

CKC BBPIG MARIES BABY BREEZE

Old Post 05-08-2015 03:48 AM
Autumn Clements is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Autumn Clements Click here to Send Autumn Clements a Private Message Click Here to Email Autumn Clements Find more posts by Autumn Clements Add Autumn Clements to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
AppalachianBlue
UKC Forum Member

facebook

Heck im in my 20s and still have never had a facebook. Ukc forum is all i need. Im not crazy about the set up but o well. I started a kennel this year and my wife immediatly started a kennel page on facebook. I aint ever seen it. Im on it tho. Shes addicted to facebook lol but she has been takin lots of pictures and videos and been postin them. So thats good i guess. That and postin all our paracord leads and garmin lanyards we've been makin.

Call or txt 443- 262-5663
www.facebook.com/appalachianblues
AppalachianBluesKennel@gmail.com

UKC WTDA Registered

Appalachian Blues Kennel
CH PR Walkin After Midnight
GRFCH GRCH NITECH PR Appalachian Blue Catfish HTX ( ACHA SC CHT TC )
- 2015 Qualified for World Show
- 2016 Performance Sire
- Final four Pink Hunt, 2nd place reg
- 2017 Performance Sire
NCH CH Pr Appalachian Blue Luna
GRFCH WCH Pr Appalachian Blue Raven

Mountain feist WTDA BNCH Meadow Mountain Joker

Chocolate Lab...Banjo. Waterfowl buddy.

Old Post 05-08-2015 11:59 AM
AppalachianBlue is offline Click Here to See the Profile for AppalachianBlue Click here to Send AppalachianBlue a Private Message Click Here to Email AppalachianBlue Find more posts by AppalachianBlue Add AppalachianBlue to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce M. Conkey

I am 66 and I use Facebook. It is just another tool to communicate to people with. Lots of trash talking on there but if you control your site and who your friends are you can keep that to a minimum. Heck I read Facebook before I came here and actually blocked two people because of post I saw. After reading their post I went to their Facebook Home page and double checked what they were about. Maybe one coonhound post and 10 trashy post. I choose to block them. Some of the younger people may not have chosen to block them for the content of their site and it's a free country.

Funny you can see subjects come up and see really how some people feel on a subject. Then it gets heated and the name calling starts and then sometimes it gets deleted or modified.

I run three pages and I am very happy with the number of members and likes all those pages get. I appreciate all of you.
Home Page--Bruce Conkey
Business--Conkeys Hound Supply
Most important---Keep All Dog Hunting Legal

Here is one thing you will learn about Facebook. I have a buddy that runs a Facebook page concerning bear hunting in FL. He can post nonsense on his board-funny-border line vulgar-controversial and utter nonsense and get large numbers of people liking and commenting. He post something about an upcoming meeting with the game commission or comments on upcoming law and everyone seems to disappear. You get way more comments about being funny or stupid than being serious.

Last edited by on 05-08-2015 at 01:14 PM

Old Post 05-08-2015 12:44 PM
Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Robert Johnson
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by HOBO
They don't need Facebook for that, we give them all the ammo they need here.

Agreed. the point really should have been that there is no good place to post that sort of thing, (kills) in this day and time, as far as anti's are concerned. Folks need to realize that we are a very very small portion of the general public and how we are perceived is paramount to any support we have on the capital hills in keeping our sport and traditions alive. We just keep throwing them the bait and ammo to keep their cause burning hot. I can not understand why, but we do.

Johnson Creek Kennels
home of:
UKC Grand Nite Champion "PR" Yadkin River Addkis. Deceased 12/11/2016 RIP

2009/2010/2011/2012 AKC GA. State Leader and Supreme Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

2010 ACHA Georgia State Champion Grand Nite Champion Yadkin River Addkis

PKC Champion Yadkin River Addkis

Bright Eye Lights

Treeing Walkers

912-663-5287 cell (perfered)

Last edited by Robert Johnson on 05-08-2015 at 01:06 PM

Old Post 05-08-2015 01:03 PM
Robert Johnson is online now Click Here to See the Profile for Robert Johnson Click here to Send Robert Johnson a Private Message Click Here to Email Robert Johnson Find more posts by Robert Johnson Add Robert Johnson to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote