UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > UKC Free Classifieds > Coonhound Classifieds > Blueticks: Stud Dog and Kennel Promotion > Dual Grand Morton's Mo. River Bl. Tucker's Mann HTX
Pages (5): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Daniel

I'm not surprised in what you have raised out of your male dogs. I know Dixie did her part. You alway have those young dogs running and tree so early and they never seem to look back.
Good to hear.

RIP
GrNitech Overton's Breathless Blue Chief Full brother to Nite ch Snowdens Runt
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Gr Nite ch Utchmans Double Eagle Hoss
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
NiteCh Overton's Breathless Blue Dixie LOUD!
NiteCH Lienbachs Breathless Blue Jammer
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Gr Ch Nitech Rob's Blue Tomahawk
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Dolly super fast track and tree dog. accurate.
Grch Nitech Overton's Utchmans Blue Belle
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009
Nite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Sounder
GRNite Ch Pr Overton's Breathless Blu Magic 13 years old brother to Roler
Pr Overton's Breathless Blue Gobber. Running and treeing wild coons at 5 months

Nite Ch O Breathless Blue Tree Dragon
Treeing his own wild coon at 6 months old.

Dogs living
Overton"s Breathless blue Julia. Bill Bird owner
Dual Champion Uchtman So Blue Lumber 6yrs
Owned by Cody Stader in Indiana
Dual Grand Overton's Breathless Blue Maggie
Present Owned by Luke Wood in Okalhoma

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Overton"s Breathless Blue Lincoln
Overton"s Breathless Blue Ava.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 12-01-2014 08:24 PM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HankTaber
UKC Forum Member

Daniel

Sounds like those pups are off to a great start. Best of luck with them.

Daviscreekblueticks@yahoo.com
Terry Estill
660-888-2007
Estillbluedogs@att.net

Old Post 12-02-2014 12:22 AM
HankTaber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HankTaber Click here to Send HankTaber a Private Message Click Here to Email HankTaber Find more posts by HankTaber Add HankTaber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakenda creek b
UKC Forum Member

Got to love that locate. Im enjoying the pups I kept. Im thinking about taking one out sometime this week. They both have nice mouths but the one Im calling Lil Bit has a huge mouth.

Old Post 12-03-2014 01:47 AM
wakenda creek b is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakenda creek b Click here to Send wakenda creek b a Private Message Click Here to Email wakenda creek b Find more posts by wakenda creek b Add wakenda creek b to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluehound
UKC Forum Member

You know Brian, I was was thinking the same thing. I believe the pups are advanced enough that they are ready to try a hunt or two with the older dogs. So Brian I am noticing the big lighter colored male opens nicel on track. The darker blackheaded male is only yiping occasionally? He is making me wonder if he might be quiter on track. But they are just babies yet Loads of fun!

West Plains, Mo 65775
Cell# 417-255-5822

Old Post 12-03-2014 02:02 PM
bluehound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluehound Click here to Send bluehound a Private Message Click Here to Email bluehound Find more posts by bluehound Add bluehound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
wakenda creek b
UKC Forum Member

I took one of mine out last night. She's not scared of the dark. She doesn't know what a coon is yet but she would go out a couple hundred yards. Most of Dixie's pups open good on track. Divas (scarxdixie) is probably the quietest I've seen but she lets you know where she's at. I'm going to keep hunting my pups on short hunts. Daniel keep us updated on your pups progress.

Old Post 12-04-2014 02:41 PM
wakenda creek b is offline Click Here to See the Profile for wakenda creek b Click here to Send wakenda creek b a Private Message Click Here to Email wakenda creek b Find more posts by wakenda creek b Add wakenda creek b to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluehound
UKC Forum Member

Brian I took the dark headed pup last night with his daddy. Terrible hunting in my neck of the woods! The coons are not moving right after dark around home. Man hit a bad feeder track and was working it. The pup just couldnt work the track, I have noticed this pup doesn't mind doing his own thing. So he headed up the bluff and hit a track he could work. The track will still bad...as I watched him in the moon light I noticed he shut up and started spending time around the base of one tree in particular, then he started looking up. Now he didn't open but he sure knew something was different with the smell on the tree. Well as I investigated I noticed a clump in the tree. I could pretty much tell it was a coon laid up. So I did work with the pup and help him out a little. That coon came out and the pup was able to get his first real taste of coon. I will try and take the bigger male this evening if weather holds. Ohh Mann ended up treed on a well used den.

West Plains, Mo 65775
Cell# 417-255-5822

Last edited by bluehound on 12-04-2014 at 08:22 PM

Old Post 12-04-2014 04:20 PM
bluehound is offline Click Here to See the Profile for bluehound Click here to Send bluehound a Private Message Click Here to Email bluehound Find more posts by bluehound Add bluehound to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Daniel I like the sounds of what your pups are doing. I know it gets a man all excited to go again that is for sure. Old hounds can be boring because you know what they should do and the young ones keep you on your toes.

RIP
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blu Knight. King of Hunt Fall Round Up 2006 loudest dog I have ever owned.
Gr Nite ch Overton's Breathless Blue Roler hit died at 2years old at semi finals of World hunt
Dual Grand Utchmans So Blue Timber top 100 Finalist in 2005 World hunt 2012 performance sire
Gr Ch Nite CH Overton's Breathless Blue Warrior 4wins died at 6 yrs old. Sire to Knight
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Drum 3 wins to Grand. before 2 yrs old Running ant treeing wild coons at 5 months alone.
Nite Ch Overton's Breathless Blue Sabrina 2nd place Nite ch at Fall Round Up 2009

Dogs living

Dall Haden and Bobby Hayes have been a big part of my breeding of my hounds also Bill Bird for help keeping it going.

*All my dogs are old Ucthman Hawk and Scout breeding with some Smokey River Chief and Diamond Jim.
573-228-3169
Kandy off Bojangles and Grand Nite ch PKC CH Redstick Ann. Super fast track dog good tree dog loud. co owner with Earl Howell Queen of Hunt at Fall Round Up 2019 at 2 years old.

Old Post 12-04-2014 06:14 PM
ELMO OVERTON is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ELMO OVERTON Click here to Send ELMO OVERTON a Private Message Click Here to Email ELMO OVERTON Find more posts by ELMO OVERTON Add ELMO OVERTON to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluehound
UKC Forum Member

Well it is offical I had to pen my two male pups up. I was able to spend quite a bit of time around the house the past 5 days and noticed the males were in the woods 98% of the time. I was also spending a lot of time going and fetching them. They have not showed me they want to run off game. But I dont like pups running coons, getting treed and no one there to get them. That only starts really bad habits. They are telling me they need penned. I will start taking them a few times on hunts to see how they fair. I have just about all but decided which one I plan on keeping for myself. So if anyone is interested in a very well breed/started male pup that just turned 5 months old on Dec. 7th...give me a call. Heck I still need to leash break them

West Plains, Mo 65775
Cell# 417-255-5822

Old Post 12-10-2014 05:39 PM
bluehound
UKC Forum Member

It has been challenging to have a coon on the outside around my parts. Finally was able to put two on the limb Wednesday night. I took Mann and Alex Rudd's young male dog he calls "Thor". The hounds did a good job. Going to see if I can get a coon out to these two Mann pups tonight. Had to lay my Ditch Witch female up due to a pretty good tear in her leg caused by barbwire. She has now come into heat so she will be out for a while. I hate that right here in the heart of season. I had been hunting her alone or with pup most of the season up to now. She had been doing a nice job hunting ditches out and putting a tree on the end of every track. But we will pick up there after she heals.

West Plains, Mo 65775
Cell# 417-255-5822

Last edited by bluehound on 12-19-2014 at 09:57 PM

Old Post 12-19-2014 05:26 PM
wakenda creek b
UKC Forum Member

Its been rough hunting over here too. Been doing a lot of walking lately. Treeing all the hard coon it seems like. Ive taken my 2 Man pups out once each and they will both go. One trailed her first night in the woods, just some whining and squeeling but nose to the ground and running with the dogs so she smelt it. They both will sniff up the trees but they still don't know what there doing. Need to get the papers to you sometime.

Old Post 12-19-2014 09:41 PM
bluehound
UKC Forum Member

Mr Davis what is your work schedule like over the next week or so? If you might think you could swing a hunt one evening let me know...just text me. I think I am due to come your way if all works out .Hope all is well with the family sir!

West Plains, Mo 65775
Cell# 417-255-5822

Old Post 12-22-2014 01:30 PM
alex g rudd
UKC Forum Member

Thor

Took Thor and bubba last night. And was very impressed with Thor never stayed under the feet and he got treed with bubba 800 plus yards and they had three up it shot one out came out little alive and he went nuts next ditch he broke off from bubba and was trying to do his own thing and ended up treeing with him with another coon

Old Post 12-22-2014 02:22 PM
alex g rudd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex g rudd Click here to Send alex g rudd a Private Message Click Here to Email alex g rudd Find more posts by alex g rudd Add alex g rudd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
bluehound
UKC Forum Member

Well I guess Thor and I did our jobs for you then ? I like to hear that Alex, I was wondering if you had him out yet. I enjoy that puppy training, glad I could help. Merry Christmas!

West Plains, Mo 65775
Cell# 417-255-5822

Old Post 12-22-2014 02:37 PM
alex g rudd
UKC Forum Member

Yes you did I appreciate it and we'll try and hook up one night and go like u to go with the old man and maybe Dixie female think u may like her .

Old Post 12-22-2014 03:06 PM
alex g rudd is offline Click Here to See the Profile for alex g rudd Click here to Send alex g rudd a Private Message Click Here to Email alex g rudd Find more posts by alex g rudd Add alex g rudd to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Moniteaublues
UKC Forum Member

Happy Holidays Daniel. Keep those hounds on the bark.

Charles

Old Post 12-23-2014 01:14 AM
Moniteaublues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Moniteaublues Click here to Send Moniteaublues a Private Message Click Here to Email Moniteaublues Find more posts by Moniteaublues Add Moniteaublues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Good job Daniel and Austin

Looks like Mann and Magic put them out on the limb before the rain settled in.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 12-27-2014 02:19 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Thanks for taking me hunting.
I really like your two pups. You have got some up and coming hounds with mouths on them.
I hope your house is fine and it was a false alarm.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 12-30-2014 02:44 PM
bluehound
UKC Forum Member

Elmo, sorry to cut our night short. Yeah it was a false alarm, I was glad my wife could recognize something possibly wrong with the wood stove. It ended up being a false alarm thank goodness. Did you men turn loose again after the first den tree? I really thought those ditches would have been better than they turned out to be. We will do it again before season ends. I just gained permission today on some good farms right around the Hardeman area.

The pups just need time to mature and hunt. Last night I wanted to bring them just to give them some time to excerise. They have been penned up the past two weeks and just were bouncing off the wall. I need to get them on a couple hot, quick up the tree coons for them to really bring it all together. Time will tell. As for your Dragon pup, very nice mouth and plenty go Elmo. You have a young gem on your hands sir! Looks like I will lay up until at least Thursday night, with weather and New Years coming on. Happy New Year's Everyone! Please be safe!

West Plains, Mo 65775
Cell# 417-255-5822

Last edited by bluehound on 12-31-2014 at 03:32 PM

Old Post 12-30-2014 04:44 PM
alex g rudd
UKC Forum Member

thanks

Just wanna say thank you for going hunting tonight was nice to see good dog work on a crappy night just shows you can tree coons on those kinda nights thanks again hope to do it again soon

Old Post 01-03-2015 06:30 AM
bluehound
UKC Forum Member

You bet Alex thanks for coming up and going, I enjoyed it. I forgot the gentlemens name that was with you? I think he will get the bug again

West Plains, Mo 65775
Cell# 417-255-5822

Old Post 01-05-2015 02:29 PM
alex g rudd
UKC Forum Member

thanks

Jerry and yes he probably will lol hell have blue dogs before he knows it lol

Old Post 01-05-2015 04:19 PM
bluehound
UKC Forum Member

Well took my Witch female out for the first time in over a month, She finally healed up from her nasty cut on on the leg and also came on out of her heat cycle. With the weather turning bitter cold late last night I wanted to let her stretch her legs along with letting a pup tag along. I dumped in a ditch I haven't been in since last April, both Witch and the pup struck right away. They pushed the track around, and I could tell it was a colder track. After about 10 minutes Witch fell treed, the pup still wanted to beat around on the track. So of course when reaching the tree it was a den Turned loose in the same ditch again, struck within a minute. They lined it out going down a little creek took it under railroad tracks and came treed. This track was also colder. The pup has more nose than he does experience so he is at the point he just wants to beat the track up and not tree quite yet. Witch did fall treed on a large walnut and the coon was curled up in a fork. Knocked it out, fooled with the pup, patted Witch on the head and headed home before the wind decided to kick in.

West Plains, Mo 65775
Cell# 417-255-5822

Old Post 01-07-2015 02:32 PM
ELMO OVERTON
UKC Forum Member

Daniel

Your pups are doing good. I was going right at dark but I chickened out and stayed home. Maybe by the weekend it will be worth going out again who knows.
I figure at some point you will breed Witchy to Mann. Should have all the tools.

RIP

Dogs living

573-228-3169

Old Post 01-07-2015 03:09 PM
bluehound
UKC Forum Member

Yeah Elmo, I am making it a priority to finish Witch out this comp season, she deserves the title. Yep they do have the tools that should mesh good together. Time will tell. Yep I will be waiting until at least Friday before thinking about turning loose again, season is slipping away quickly.

West Plains, Mo 65775
Cell# 417-255-5822

Old Post 01-07-2015 03:25 PM
HankTaber
UKC Forum Member

Daniel looks like you got some young ones that are going to work out for you . It always nice when a cross comes t
together like it should. Best of luck with them Hank

Glad to hear Whitchie is healed up and back to doing what she does so well Hank

Daviscreekblueticks@yahoo.com
Terry Estill
660-888-2007
Estillbluedogs@att.net

Last edited by HankTaber on 01-09-2015 at 05:09 PM

Old Post 01-09-2015 05:03 PM
HankTaber is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HankTaber Click here to Send HankTaber a Private Message Click Here to Email HankTaber Find more posts by HankTaber Add HankTaber to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote