UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > T5 charging question
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
trevor0432
UKC Forum Member

T5 charging question

Have 2 t5 collars that have been charging for a few days. The charging light is still red and hasn't turned green. Any ideas?

'PR' Trevors Light Em Up Blaze HTX (Grandnite CH Tucker`s Boomer x Nite CH CanDew Blue Misty HTx)

'PR' Dreamers Blue Willow (Grantnite CH Ty and Hunters Big Boy Blue x PR Dozers Dreamer)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 10-19-2018 06:53 AM
trevor0432 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for trevor0432 Click here to Send trevor0432 a Private Message Click Here to Email trevor0432 Find more posts by trevor0432 Add trevor0432 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Bruce m. Conkey
UKC Forum Member

These are the two things I would look at and the way to correct them.

1. Dirty contact or discolored contact on the collar.
2. Batteries are getting weak and not able to be fully charged to shutdown circuit.

Number 1. I would clean all the contacts on the collars real well even thoug they look clean. They can get a haze on them with interferes with proper charging. Rubbing alcohol is a good cleaning agent. Gentle scraping with a knife blade or emery board works. Especially on a discolored one. I hate to recommend any abrasive scrubbing because I have had some get carried away with my advice and everytime you clean them aggressively your removing metal contact material.

Number 2. After say 20 hours of charging or now if you have had them on two days. Take them off charge and turn them on and take your handheld and look at the battery information for the collars. If the batteries start to wear out I have seen them act in two different ways. One they will only charge to 50 or 75%. If you see that then you might want to think about new batteries. Sometimes the batteries fool you and show full charge but discharge rapidly. So I would leave the collars on for several hours and check the charge again on your handheld and see if there is a more discharge than your use to seeing.

I think Number 1 is probably your issue. Good Luck!

Old Post 10-19-2018 11:21 AM
Bruce m. Conkey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Bruce m. Conkey Click here to Send Bruce m. Conkey a Private Message Click Here to Email Bruce m. Conkey Visit Bruce m. Conkey's homepage! Find more posts by Bruce m. Conkey Add Bruce m. Conkey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
buster34
UKC Forum Member

Mine pretty much always do that. If I unhook mine after it's been charged for awhile and hook it back up it will turn green.

Old Post 10-19-2018 10:35 PM
buster34 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for buster34 Click here to Send buster34 a Private Message Click Here to Email buster34 Find more posts by buster34 Add buster34 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jgarrett
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by buster34
Mine pretty much always do that. If I unhook mine after it's been charged for awhile and hook it back up it will turn green.

Mine too

Old Post 10-21-2018 05:20 AM
Jgarrett is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jgarrett Click here to Send Jgarrett a Private Message Click Here to Email Jgarrett Find more posts by Jgarrett Add Jgarrett to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BluetickHound22
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by buster34
x2

Old Post 10-21-2018 11:28 PM
BluetickHound22 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BluetickHound22 Click here to Send BluetickHound22 a Private Message Click Here to Email BluetickHound22 Find more posts by BluetickHound22 Add BluetickHound22 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote