UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Skuna River Bark vs Fred vs Homer
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Scott Young
UKC Forum Member

Skuna River Bark vs Fred vs Homer

I have owned one Skuna dog and loved him dearly. I have relocated and am researching for another Skuna dog. What are the strengths of these three that would help differentiate them apart from each other?

The male I owned was a gorgeous beast with a full black blanket. He was good on track and LOUD on tree. In fact he would drown out every dog in a quarter mile. He was a gentle soul and acted like one of the kids. He was easily trained with handling commands and hunted close like my curs but would finish a track no matter how deep. He stared early on his own and was a natural tree dog. He died and I want another Skuna dog.

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-27-2015 03:36 AM
Scott Young is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott Young Click here to Send Scott Young a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott Young Find more posts by Scott Young Add Scott Young to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

hey pal....

A guy that lives about 3 miles from whimp aaron who started the skuna river lines has just what you are looking for in a pup.
contact Jimmy prater @ 662-297-4991
He has one male pup left out of a direct son of Homer by a double bark bred gyp.
you cant get any closer that what you just asked for. I have seen a pic and he is blanket backed and pretty.

he is always making a cross with these lines doubled up. If he doesnt have one left, keep his number he is always got something coming on. He may even have a young dog with these bloodlines. He works so it might be best to contact him after 430 pm each day.
tell him cripple creek from the message board gave you this info.
nice guy and a hard hunter. he keeps some darn good hounds.
He likes the skuna river line just like us.
I am a believer as well.
I keep some of it in my dogs at all times.

I have a grand pup gyp off of Homer that is just 4 months old and is pretty darn special in all her actions. athletic and smart and wound up like the road runner.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 02-27-2015 03:49 PM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fisher13
UKC Forum Member

The studs off of homer are producing the best right now imo, all the traits that you stated.

Old Post 02-27-2015 05:07 PM
Fisher13 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fisher13 Click here to Send Fisher13 a Private Message Find more posts by Fisher13 Add Fisher13 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
cripple creek
UKC Forum Member

x2 with fisher...

I think its showing up fisherman......They all are reproducing the balance we all have been looking for.

Grand Champion Stevenson's "Johnny Jet,"

Palms 18:39........You armed me with strength for battle; you made my adversaries bow at my feet!
Two questions sum up life....
Why am I here ? And Where am I headed.

Old Post 02-28-2015 06:31 AM
cripple creek is offline Click Here to See the Profile for cripple creek Click here to Send cripple creek a Private Message Click Here to Email cripple creek Find more posts by cripple creek Add cripple creek to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Mike gray
UKC Forum Member

I like the repeat dogs x bark females....track drivers with sense....a buddy of mine had one out of lock box that was a real nice dog...get a hold of mark sumrall or Kevin myrick they can help you also....

Old Post 03-02-2015 11:57 AM
Mike gray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Mike gray Click here to Send Mike gray a Private Message Find more posts by Mike gray Add Mike gray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Scott Young
UKC Forum Member

Thank y'all for the information.

Old Post 03-03-2015 03:36 PM
Scott Young is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Scott Young Click here to Send Scott Young a Private Message Click Here to Email Scott Young Find more posts by Scott Young Add Scott Young to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote