UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Breeds > Treeing Walkers > Stud dogs
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
HIDEHUNTER21
UKC Forum Member

Stud dogs

I've seen a lot of dogs over the yrs thsts a gr. Nt. Some guy buys it from across the country. Next week they know what it throws in its pups. How it can move a track. Work a cold track! Everything ud want to hear. My ? Is how many of these guys have even hunted the big stud dog!! Seems to me they buy a gr. Nt.And boom! There in business

Pr. Woodards spider girl ( spider pup)
Pr lacy ( spider pup)

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 02-20-2015 04:02 AM
HIDEHUNTER21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HIDEHUNTER21 Click here to Send HIDEHUNTER21 a Private Message Click Here to Email HIDEHUNTER21 Find more posts by HIDEHUNTER21 Add HIDEHUNTER21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sauk Talking
UKC Forum Member

Remember, being in business and making money are sometimes Two different things, Anyone can have a Stud Ad printed and published, but I think only the good reproducers are breeding enough to pay for the ad's, entry fee's, fuel, cost of the dog and many other expenses. I always thought, If you are not making money, it's a hobby, not a business.

Old Post 02-20-2015 06:35 AM
Sauk Talking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sauk Talking Click here to Send Sauk Talking a Private Message Find more posts by Sauk Talking Add Sauk Talking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HIDEHUNTER21
UKC Forum Member

Hunting is a hobby for me for sure! Lol.

Pr lacy ( spider pup)

Old Post 02-20-2015 11:43 AM
HIDEHUNTER21 is offline Click Here to See the Profile for HIDEHUNTER21 Click here to Send HIDEHUNTER21 a Private Message Click Here to Email HIDEHUNTER21 Find more posts by HIDEHUNTER21 Add HIDEHUNTER21 to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Roy Grant
UKC Forum Member

The integrity on the dogs owner always out ways anything else for me. James Turpin, Josh Howard, Mr. Compton, a few good guys that come to mind. Insane Cain Frosted Train Bone Collector..

Old Post 02-21-2015 08:10 PM
Roy Grant is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Roy Grant Click here to Send Roy Grant a Private Message Click Here to Email Roy Grant Find more posts by Roy Grant Add Roy Grant to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HIDEHUNTER21
UKC Forum Member

stud dog

What I'm talking about is the guys that just buy a titled dog. Next day it'd up for stud! They bought on side of the road and the next day they know all about how the dog hunts all yr long! Tree them late season coons! Lol And they haven't had it during late season!!

Pr lacy ( spider pup)

Old Post 02-21-2015 09:11 PM
msinc
Banned

I would bet that most of those guys wished they had the money back that they spent on all those full page color ads...i would also bet that if they were honest they would tell you that the phone didn't ring...not even once.

Old Post 02-22-2015 04:56 AM
msinc is offline Click Here to See the Profile for msinc Click here to Send msinc a Private Message Click Here to Email msinc Find more posts by msinc Add msinc to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
toe cutter
UKC Forum Member

the best reproducing studs I have used were never advertised anywhere other than by their pups in the woods.

Old Post 02-22-2015 11:05 PM
toe cutter is offline Click Here to See the Profile for toe cutter Click here to Send toe cutter a Private Message Find more posts by toe cutter Add toe cutter to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Charlie Gray
Banned

quote:
Originally posted by toe cutter
the best reproducing studs I have used were never advertised anywhere other than by their pups in the woods.
BINGO YOUR NOT GOING TO GET THE STUD DOG. YOU NEED 2 KNOW WHAT HE CAN REPRODUCE AN IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT YOUR LED ON

DUAL GRAND HI TECH BONES & PEARL
CHARLIE GRAY (252) 521-4430

Old Post 02-23-2015 01:36 AM
Charlie Gray is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Charlie Gray Click here to Send Charlie Gray a Private Message Click Here to Email Charlie Gray Find more posts by Charlie Gray Add Charlie Gray to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HIDEHUNTER21
UKC Forum Member

That's true! I love breeding my own dogs. U know what u got

Pr lacy ( spider pup)

Old Post 02-23-2015 04:45 AM
Jamie Thurman
UKC Forum Member

I have 2 that I bought as grnitech I have hunted both to see what they will do and how good but granted smoke dond get hunted much anymore since he is 10 but I did some checking on him and he was bought from a man known to be honest and keep good dogs now the other grntch man he originally can from right here in my back yard and sold for big money more than I could pay I have and still hunt him since he is young and will continue to I just hope to like his pups as much as I do him but we have wait and see cause he never been bred till now

NITECH NOCTURNAL NAILOR JR
GRNITECH JUDGE DREDD 7/2/04 to 8/4/14
GRNITECH WALACES LITTLE ELLI (2014 SATURDAY NIGHT GEORGIA STATE GRNITECH WINNER AND 2ND IN THE FINAL 4)

GRCH GRNITECH GRFCH WOODS DANDY SAS( GRNITECH ABBOTTS ELK RIVER RATTLER X WOODS DANDY BRANDY )

GRNITECH NOCTURNAIL KIT ( GRNITECH NOCTURNAIL TORUCH X GRNITECH GOLD RIVER MEG )

NITECH CH SWAMP AND RIVER QUEEN (CAST WINNER AT BABY STAKES & 3 WINS TWDS GRNITECH) (GRNITECH DOUBLE XL X NITECH CH A LITTLE BIT NASTY )

BEANS 2 FAMOUS FOR U (GRNTCH HARDWOOD BEAN X GRNTCH SKIPPERS ALMOST FAMOUS)
GIRLS HUNT TO
Jamie Thurman
770-262-5241

Old Post 02-23-2015 06:37 AM
Jamie Thurman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jamie Thurman Click here to Send Jamie Thurman a Private Message Click Here to Email Jamie Thurman Find more posts by Jamie Thurman Add Jamie Thurman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
HIDEHUNTER21
UKC Forum Member

If I didn't have to many dogs now I'd sure try one off the man dog jamie. That sucker is bred great and a goodlooking son of a gun!

Pr lacy ( spider pup)

Old Post 02-24-2015 04:38 AM
Sauk Talking
UKC Forum Member

I had a friend and part time hunting buddy, we both mostly hunted alone, who had some of the best Spring Creek Rock dogs in our area. He raised most of them from pups, titled them and hunted his offspring and they also made coon dogs, I asked him once, how many breeding's he got off the full page adds he ran, he said he was lucky to pay for the adds, that most of the people bred to his dogs because they knew him and would have bred their females regardless,

Old Post 02-24-2015 05:26 AM
Sauk Talking is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sauk Talking Click here to Send Sauk Talking a Private Message Find more posts by Sauk Talking Add Sauk Talking to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Jamie Thurman
UKC Forum Member

thanks randy there is a litter due in 1 week but we have a nice little waiting list for his pups

NITECH NOCTURNAL NAILOR JR
GRNITECH JUDGE DREDD 7/2/04 to 8/4/14
GRNITECH WALACES LITTLE ELLI (2014 SATURDAY NIGHT GEORGIA STATE GRNITECH WINNER AND 2ND IN THE FINAL 4)

GRCH GRNITECH GRFCH WOODS DANDY SAS( GRNITECH ABBOTTS ELK RIVER RATTLER X WOODS DANDY BRANDY )

GRNITECH NOCTURNAIL KIT ( GRNITECH NOCTURNAIL TORUCH X GRNITECH GOLD RIVER MEG )

NITECH CH SWAMP AND RIVER QUEEN (CAST WINNER AT BABY STAKES & 3 WINS TWDS GRNITECH) (GRNITECH DOUBLE XL X NITECH CH A LITTLE BIT NASTY )

BEANS 2 FAMOUS FOR U (GRNTCH HARDWOOD BEAN X GRNTCH SKIPPERS ALMOST FAMOUS)
GIRLS HUNT TO
Jamie Thurman
770-262-5241

Old Post 03-02-2015 05:49 AM
Jamie Thurman is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Jamie Thurman Click here to Send Jamie Thurman a Private Message Click Here to Email Jamie Thurman Find more posts by Jamie Thurman Add Jamie Thurman to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote