UKC Forums UKC Website :: Hunting Ops :: All-Breed Sports :: Registration :: UKC Online Store
Here you can view your subscribed threads, work with private messages and edit your profile and preferences Registration is free! Calendar Find other members Frequently Asked Questions Search Home  
UKC Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.3.0 UKC Forums > Departments > UKC Coonhounds > Best Bump Cap?
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread Post New Thread    Post A Reply
SOUTHERNSTYLE
UKC Forum Member

Best Bump Cap?

I have a rather large head and was curious on where to get the most comfortable bump cap. I've heard that the one on the Boss light and the new Bright Eyes is the best out there?

TRAIN EM ALONE!

PKC CH GRNTCH GRCH 'PR' MIDNIGHT FLY

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged

Old Post 01-27-2017 11:41 AM
SOUTHERNSTYLE is offline Click Here to See the Profile for SOUTHERNSTYLE Click here to Send SOUTHERNSTYLE a Private Message Click Here to Email SOUTHERNSTYLE Find more posts by SOUTHERNSTYLE Add SOUTHERNSTYLE to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Langford
UKC Forum Member

The Ridgeline bump cap is the most comfortable one we've come across. Boss lights uses them, and a lot of other light builders as well.

Old Post 01-27-2017 12:59 PM
Cory Langford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Langford Click here to Send Cory Langford a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Langford Add Cory Langford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Sonny Phipps
UKC Forum Member

I personally prefer the "Cheaper" ones. I have a Boss light and a new Bright eyes. Both of those bump caps are like you say and better made then most lights and the head gear is comfortable. What I dont like is the bill/brim of it is a touch larger and sticks out enough that it is constantly in my sight. Just takes some getting accustom to.

Old Post 01-27-2017 01:05 PM
Sonny Phipps is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Sonny Phipps Click here to Send Sonny Phipps a Private Message Click Here to Email Sonny Phipps Find more posts by Sonny Phipps Add Sonny Phipps to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
John B.Dalton
UKC Forum Member

Take a hand grinder and grind it back out of line up sight..Took a buddy of mine 2-3 minutes

Old Post 01-27-2017 01:37 PM
John B.Dalton is offline Click Here to See the Profile for John B.Dalton Click here to Send John B.Dalton a Private Message Visit John B.Dalton's homepage! Find more posts by John B.Dalton Add John B.Dalton to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
joey
UKC Forum Member

I'll vote the ridge line also. Boss was the first one I seen use them but most everyone is using them now.

http://www.sunspotlights.com/
When brightness matters!!

Home Of:
PKC Ch, Grch Grnch 2008 Tx state champion They call me Crazy Betty

PKC SCh CH Grnch They call me Howler too

Old Post 01-27-2017 01:48 PM
joey is offline Click Here to See the Profile for joey Click here to Send joey a Private Message Find more posts by joey Add joey to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
ringtail
UKC Forum Member

Don't laugh, but I like the good ol'construction hard hats. I took a hard hat, ordered the clip the light head hooks on and riveted to my hard hat and riveted a piece of nylon strap with a snap on the back of the hard hat to keep the cord in place.

It's a little heavier than the bump caps, but it is way more comfortable (to me).

If you use the ones with the brim that goes all the way around the hard hat, rain won't run off the cap and run down the back of your neck.

"TREE MY DOG" - NO BETTER FEELING

NAADP Charter Member....... appointed by King Dave himself........

Old Post 01-28-2017 01:16 AM
ringtail is offline Click Here to See the Profile for ringtail Click here to Send ringtail a Private Message Click Here to Email ringtail Find more posts by ringtail Add ringtail to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fire Archer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cory Langford
The Ridgeline bump cap is the most comfortable one we've come across. Boss lights uses them, and a lot of other light builders as well.

Does it set lower on your head? What is more comfortable about it?

Old Post 02-22-2017 08:45 PM
Fire Archer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fire Archer Click here to Send Fire Archer a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Archer Add Fire Archer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Cory Langford
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Fire Archer
Does it set lower on your head? What is more comfortable about it?

It does sit down lower on your head. It feels a whole lot more stable and balanced.

Old Post 02-23-2017 12:31 AM
Cory Langford is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Cory Langford Click here to Send Cory Langford a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Langford Add Cory Langford to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Doug Terrell
UKC Forum Member

The head gear fits lower on the back of your head, the head gear is good but the bump cap is bigger and sticks out more then the old 1s unless you have a melon. The OLD raw dog or Old Cajun helmets were my favorite

Phone # 937-213-1779

Old Post 02-23-2017 01:12 AM
Doug Terrell is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Doug Terrell Click here to Send Doug Terrell a Private Message Click Here to Email Doug Terrell Find more posts by Doug Terrell Add Doug Terrell to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Fire Archer
UKC Forum Member

quote:
Originally posted by Cory Langford
It does sit down lower on your head. It feels a whole lot more stable and balanced.

OK. Mine that came with my Horizon isn't horrible. Just wish it wasn't so high. I'll order one of those and try it out. Thanks.

Old Post 02-23-2017 03:31 AM
Fire Archer is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Fire Archer Click here to Send Fire Archer a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Archer Add Fire Archer to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
Triple K Kennel
UKC Forum Member

Bump caps ....

I have a Ridgeline, it's ok but not my favorite.
My favorite is the one Laser Torch uses, It doesn't feel Big & Bulky.
Tim

Quality, Dependable Coon Lights--Built by a Coonhunter for Coonhunters
==================================
** Superior Lights

** Sunspot Hunting Lights

** Zepp's--Quality Products

** Boss Lights

**Brighteyes Lights

** They Twist it until they start believing it themselves**

Purina Dog Food
** Proven Results **

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Competition Coonhunters and Politicians
** Win anyway you have to & tell everyone what they want to hear **

Old Post 02-23-2017 03:35 AM
Triple K Kennel is offline Click Here to See the Profile for Triple K Kennel Click here to Send Triple K Kennel a Private Message Find more posts by Triple K Kennel Add Triple K Kennel to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote
BawlinBlues
UKC Forum Member

My new boss light has the best bump cap I've had yet

Coty Strannahan

Old Post 02-23-2017 05:44 AM
BawlinBlues is offline Click Here to See the Profile for BawlinBlues Click here to Send BawlinBlues a Private Message Click Here to Email BawlinBlues Find more posts by BawlinBlues Add BawlinBlues to your buddy list Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote